Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd July 2009, 11:17   #31
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I would imagine that is what i have inadvertently done connecting on to the original CD supply. sounds like a plan

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 2nd July 2009 at 17:13..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:57   #32
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Roll on tonight - I'll give it a go and report back.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:04   #33
Teflon
This is my second home

In fact, giving it some thought, if the Grom connector is used "out of the box" to replace the existing Mini ISO, then the "new" KBus wire would just be a connection between the Symphony & the Grom unit, and it would not be connected to the KBus at all as it is not part of the main loom.

Could this be the answer I wonder?

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:10   #34
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
In fact, giving it some thought, if the Grom connector is used "out of the box" to replace the existing Mini ISO, then the "new" KBus wire would just be a connection between the Symphony & the Grom unit, and it would not be connected to the KBus at all as it is not part of the main loom.

Could this be the answer I wonder?

Cliff

Cliff, It worked ! Connecting together the K bus wires from the GROM and the original blue plug worked and I now have a working adapter.

All I need to do now is work through my MP3's as some of the folders wont play as I suspect some of my files may be WAV's.

But thanks very much for the solution, this forum is great !
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:20   #35
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

glad your sorted David

One or two minor changes in operation on mine.

If you are listening to a CD (mp3) and you turn ign off, when you turn back on again it reverts to radio.

If you change from one CD folder to another, when you go back to the folder it carries on from where it was as opposed to starting the disc again.

Using controls to go back to start of track you are listening to actually takes it back to start of proceeding track

Track playing does not pause when sat nav voice over rides speech (carries on playing through the track but you cannot hear it)

Once mine "lost" the CD player. disconnected Grom unit, plugged it in again and it found it OK ??

Finally, found that there is a pen holder on the glove box door, ideal for holding mem stick

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:32   #36
Teflon
This is my second home

Just came on here to say it worked and have been beaten to it!!!

Only just had a chance to try it in mine - I used a bent paperclip to connect the 2 mini ISI plugs and off it went. Well pleased. Tomorrows project will be sorting a proper connection.

If it weren't for these forums, and in fairness "the dark side" (but mainly these ones ) I would almost certainly have been sending the unit off for a refund tomorrow, so thanks Stocktake & David for the help & support.

Cliff (a very happy chap)

No. 4 of 6
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:57   #37
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Just came on here to say it worked and have been beaten to it!!!

Only just had a chance to try it in mine - I used a bent paperclip to connect the 2 mini ISI plugs and off it went. Well pleased. Tomorrows project will be sorting a proper connection.

If it weren't for these forums, and in fairness "the dark side" (but mainly these ones ) I would almost certainly have been sending the unit off for a refund tomorrow, so thanks Stocktake & David for the help & support.

Cliff (a very happy chap)

Cliff,

I'm also pleased but, can you select DISK 1 ?

I made 6 folders on my memory stick and numbered them as in the users guide, but pressing button 1 on the head unit skips directly to "DISK 2"

And then

After it finishes the last track on disk 6, it then proceeds to start playong DISK 7

That's great, but I dont have a DISK 7. So it seems that GROM has shifted all the numbers up by one, and button 1 then doesnt do anything.

Any clues anyone?
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:01   #38
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

For some reason an old memstick i had did similar, bought a new mem stick started again from clean format. worked fine

Old 2nd July 2009, 20:09   #39
Teflon
This is my second home

Interesting. Mine works fine (with paperlip in place!), but is the Ipod version, so may operate slightly differently to yours.

With mine, I have to have an empty playlist as the first play list as this is ignored by the Grom. Selecting "Disc 1" on the symphony allows the Ipod to operate normally (i.e song selection made operating the Ipod). "Disc 2" will then treat the second play list as a CD, "Disc 3" the 3rd, and so on.

The chap on "the dark side" mentioned something about a firmware upgrade on his being really simple, but didn't give details of how he did it - it may be worth posing the question there to see if this solves your issue (he is also using the memory stick version).

Hope this helps,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:20   #40
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
For some reason an old memstick i had did similar, bought a new mem stick started again from clean format. worked fine

Stocktake,

Thanks very much once more. I just re-formatted the stick on the PC and it now works perfectly.
Its great how the forum is a better source of information than the manufacturers.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 2nd July 2009 at 21:48.. Reason: Fixing Dave's Name.