Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd September 2013, 21:34   #31
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

you know what would be making both apple and samsung marketing people very happy right now? the passion you guys have for both "brands"
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:37   #32
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Im not a Samsung fan, I don't own any Samsung devices (unless you count the Samsung made, but not branded Nexus 10). Besides the war is over Apple lost and is in the process of dying back.
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:53   #33
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
you know what would be making both apple and samsung marketing people very happy right now? the passion you guys have for both "brands"
Not really passionate Thomas, just happy with my lot
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:01   #34
Howey
Banned

MG ZT-T 160 cdti

Was an android user until I bought an iPad last month..now also purchased an iPhone as everything just syncs perfectly
Howey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:05   #35
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

As it does on Android.. WP8 also syncs with windows PC perfectly. Notreally sure how its a selling point for any of them.
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:12   #36
Howey
Banned

MG ZT-T 160 cdti

Also, from experience Android seems to lag and freeze so much, apps are also hit and miss due to the open source software anyone and his dog can create apps.
Also, MAJOR security issues with Android devices, horror stories out there at the moment about them being taken over remotely be crims to access your passwords.

Apple IOS windows phone 8 are far more stable operating system probably because they have the exact opposite philosophy of Android.
have switches to iPhone 4S and it is exquisite..all metal and glass..much prefer it to the plasticky samsungs , and a sensible sized screen rather than the enormous screen on the Samsung S3 and S4.
As a previous poster says, it's all down to personal preference but for me,as soon as I bought an iPad the iPhone was a no brainer..
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:14   #37
Howey
Banned

MG ZT-T 160 cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
As it does on Android.. WP8 also syncs with windows PC perfectly. Notreally sure how its a selling point for any of them.
Whatever I put on my iphone or take photos and videos, as soon as I come home and the phone connects to wifi everything is uploaded to the iCloud so they appear in the iPad also..photos,apps, diary entries, e-mails,the lot.Thatsbthe beauty of Apple, they make this sort of thing absolutely painless,particularly for technophobes like me
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:41   #38
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howey View Post
Whatever I put on my iphone or take photos and videos, as soon as I come home and the phone connects to wifi everything is uploaded to the iCloud so they appear in the iPad also..photos,apps, diary entries, e-mails,the lot.Thatsbthe beauty of Apple, they make this sort of thing absolutely painless,particularly for technophobes like me
So does android, always has and no need for Wifi, my HTC does it via the mobile network.

As for freezes and lag, my HTC has none whatsoever. I know what I do hate, the positively glacially slow animations on iOS. It swaps speed for smoothness. For example my HTC rotates the screen MUCH faster than the iP5 does and open/close animations are much faster.

Android security flaws are over played. Nothing will happen if you only use legitimate apps from Google play, rather than pirated apps. The iPhone can also be hyjacked by the way, remotely, and if jail broken is no more secure than a rooted Android.

What you call exquisite I call aged and cheap. The iPhone isnt that well made actually, its no match for the HTC One. The plasticity Samsung is very well engineered and if you think about it its a better material to make a phone out of anyway, easily replaced, more durable. All phones are glass fronted now, the HTC and Samsung having a newer, better version of Gorilla glass than the iPhone.

Screen size? We will have to disagree about that. firstly the iPhone screen is the wrong shape. Its a non-standard size so video is always cropped or scaled, secondly is way too small. Its almost a toy.
Old 12th September 2013, 21:55   #39
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

'54 Black MG ZT CDTi + 160

Thank you for this thread guys, it's been entertaining! (As I'm sure it'll continue to be...!)

Can we debate red socks v. blue socks next?
coolasacucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2013, 18:32   #40
andylwilson
Banned

75 saloon and MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
I hate to say this, but it shows you are an iPhone user thats used to the phone being a set fixed way.

The point of Android is that if you dont like something you can change it. You can make it yours, beyond just fitting a case with a picture on it.

Dont like the layout? It can be changed, dont like the interface at all? It can be changed. There are near pefect replicas out there of everything from Nokia symbian through Windows phone and on to iOS 7, all possible without rooting.

Each to his own, but i find iOS repulsive and immensely frustrating, ive used the same layout for my Androids for a few years now, which I made to my requirements over the course of a weekend. Every now and then i might tweak it a bit or refine it, but its basically the way I want it to be to allow me to see what I need to see as fast as possible.
I can see your an android fan I agree with everything you say I love android and will not have anything else its the best only apple I like is the fruit
andylwilson is offline   Reply With Quote