Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd January 2012, 21:22   #31
DJK
Regular poster

ZT-T+ CDTi Auto

just keep looking and you will find what you want, I know a lot of people make a big deal out of a car having a service history but there are other ways of telling if the car has been well maintained without one. I looked long and hard before I bought my 04 ZT-T last year. It had 69,000 on the clock but no service history.

I checked the DVLA MOT records on line to make sure that the mileage was genuine, and it was, gave the car a good look over and test drove it for around 45 minutes to see if there were any probems and have been a happy as pie with her and she came with all the spec I wanted, auto, cruise, Xenon's, full leather, sun roof, etc, etc.r.

There were, and still are a couple of cosmetics that need attention, the 18" Hairpins need a little refurbish but at least they are honest and not been done and there are a couple of scuffs on the bumpers.

Being prepared to do my homework and make a few calculated compromises has meant that I got what I wanted for a really reasonable price and the way she was presented there was nothing that had been covered up.

Good luck with your search.

MG ZT-T CDTi, X Power Grey, Auto, Full Leather
Mod's (so far)

EGR Bypass
Common Rail Tuning Box
Dual Din Radio/GPS/Etc.

MG TF 115 "Cool Blue" SE in Startlight Sliver
standard as it left the factory (at the moment)
DJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 14:20   #32
fastevo1
Avid contributor

Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJK View Post
just keep looking and you will find what you want, I know a lot of people make a big deal out of a car having a service history but there are other ways of telling if the car has been well maintained without one. I looked long and hard before I bought my 04 ZT-T last year. It had 69,000 on the clock but no service history.

I checked the DVLA MOT records on line to make sure that the mileage was genuine, and it was, gave the car a good look over and test drove it for around 45 minutes to see if there were any probems and have been a happy as pie with her and she came with all the spec I wanted, auto, cruise, Xenon's, full leather, sun roof, etc, etc.r.

There were, and still are a couple of cosmetics that need attention, the 18" Hairpins need a little refurbish but at least they are honest and not been done and there are a couple of scuffs on the bumpers.

Being prepared to do my homework and make a few calculated compromises has meant that I got what I wanted for a really reasonable price and the way she was presented there was nothing that had been covered up.

Good luck with your search.
Thanks for the tip, generally what you said is spot on. In regards to the service history I'm not overally worried if the price reflects that, maintance will only be continued by myself anyhow no matter what the history is.

Think I have sorted one now (Viewing the car on Wednesday) but just in case.

Bump.
fastevo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 11:56   #33
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

just been reading through this an made me chuckle!

You ended up with a 100k mile car with limited service history, no receipt for a clutch being done, parking sensors not working- but still love the car.

Just goes to show- sometimes you need to follow your heart and not your head with these cars!
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 08:42   #34
fastevo1
Avid contributor

Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
just been reading through this an made me chuckle!

You ended up with a 100k mile car with limited service history, no receipt for a clutch being done, parking sensors not working- but still love the car.

Just goes to show- sometimes you need to follow your heart and not your head with these cars!
Difference is between this and the others I have looked at is that car is in outstanding conditon. I maintain a high powered track car my self with very little work done at traders and the workmanship is very very good.

The guy who owned this car is a engineer for Bently and does the work himself (done a very good job) and It helps when I know what to look for.

Had all the receipts for master & slave, new rads, new radiator, brake lines, suspension parts etc just not the clutch. However the clutch was the lighest I have used in any 75 or ZT incuding the 75 I changed a clutch on a few years ago myself.

My version of immaculate vs 95% of the UK is on another level. I clocked up over 1000s miles from memory looking at so called "mint" examples. One of those owners I almost smacked in the mouth for completely wasting my time and lying out of his back side.

So it's true what you said and yes I ended up buying a car not meeting my original criteria but needless to say I looked at 8 others, some with a FSH and they were, well quite frankly **** and mine would put alot of the others for sale now and previously to shame.

But after all of the above it was still worth it

Last edited by fastevo1; 10th May 2012 at 08:45..
fastevo1 is offline   Reply With Quote