Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th October 2015, 20:33   #31
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
After best part of the day spent cleaning out the coolant system on someone else's car following replacement of a defective oil cooler, and looking at my house which resembles a scrap yard I have decided enough is enough.

Once I have completed all of the outstanding work I have at the moment, I am going to stand down as a trader, I no longer wish to carry on as I am at the moment.

Can I take this opportunity to thank everyone who I have had the pleasure of dealing with over the past few years, and wish everyone a safe and happy future.

All of the best

Brian
Sorry to hear this Brian, I can understand where coming from to be honest, Your taking on peoples problems with there cars and now and again it becomes out of control, by the time you sort one out there's 4 or 5 cars that need doing

My dad and myself did this for while a few years ago in the end it became too much.

A lot of the members are going to miss your services as I've never met you in person but my god I'll tell you this. YOUR **** HOT When it comes to knowing the Rover/MG engines.

Its Brilliant and a damn good skill as an engineer.

I wish you all the best Brian and hope you still stick around and many thanks for helping out during my crisis, Your info had helped me suz it it out and now she's bang on once again.

Thanks to you Sir.
Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 20:42   #32
MGBJM
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

I've never used your services mate, but speaking as one of the hundreds if not thousands who benefit and laugh along with your posts you will be missed. Hope you stick around in some form, if only to abuse us tractor drivers from time to time. Take it easy
Brian
Old 16th October 2015, 20:48   #33
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

It had to come sometime Bri, I echo the sentiments of others, thank you for all you have done for me over the last 4 years,and what you have done for the club.
Can I just say though, don't scrap your gear, give it to you know who,or sell'it to him for 10p. That way the cartel doesn't get involved.
Old 16th October 2015, 20:51   #34
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

I've just arrived home from meeting up with Fraser and his lovely other half, and before going our separate ways we spent the last part of the evening singing your praises - no word of a lie. Whatever you decide to do, it's been a real pleasure making your acquaintance Brian and I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the way you went the extra yard for me/us. You're a true gent and I hope you'll stick around even as a non-trader.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 20:59   #35
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Well this is going to be a busy old thread tonight.....

I remember when I first met Brian - I had just bought my Rover 75 and had encountered a daft issue. I sent Brian a PM, not even really expecting a response as I was very new to the site, and from the moment he replied, he went out of his way to help me, make me feel welcome, and solve my issues.

As a result I made a new friend, one who has gone above and beyond the call of duty many times, getting me out of some sticky situations, and always being there to help me out, for which I will always be extremely grateful.

I've seen first hand just how much Brian carries on his shoulders, how much he just wants to genuinely help people - for him there really are not enough hours in the day.

I've seen the countless ECU's, IPK's, Keys, T4's and tools of the trade that are literally bursting from the seams of his house, the fleet of 75's and ZT's that reside outside his house, some simply as test mules for repaired parts, or new tunes.

I've seen Brian flit from car to car, OBD to OBD, problem to problem with barely a breath between and still find time to answer questions and queries, dispense advice and generally be the font of all knowledge.

If anyone deserves to down tools, call time and take back his life, it's this man, it's well overdue.

All the best Brian, enjoy getting your life back
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 21:09   #36
brianw
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Rover 75 1.8 Auto Connie

I have never had the pleasure of meeting you in person but your posts speak volumes about the person you are.

Thank you for:

Your selfless dispensation of advice and help to others.
Your generosity in sharing with all your hard won knowledge.
Your patience when attempting to warn of possible self induced pitfalls.
The good humour with which you do all these things and more.
Most of all you have kindly given that most precious thing of all, YOUR TIME to benefit us all.

Time, I think, that you have your time back.

Truly admirable!

Thank you.
brianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 21:12   #37
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBJM View Post
I've never used your services mate, but speaking as one of the hundreds if not thousands who benefit and laugh along with your posts you will be missed. Hope you stick around in some form, if only to abuse us tractor drivers from time to time. Take it easy
Brian

All the best Brian, there is no doubt you will be sorely missed, take a good long break and if in a few months you really still want to leave it all behind you we will all respect your decision. I only hope that if you do decide to retire that all your special tools, T4 etc go to a good home.
Wishing you all the best for the future and please don't be a stranger on here.
Kind regards,
Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 21:19   #38
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedTeeTee View Post
Well this is going to be a busy old thread tonight.....

I remember when I first met Brian - I had just bought my Rover 75 and had encountered a daft issue. I sent Brian a PM, not even really expecting a response as I was very new to the site, and from the moment he replied, he went out of his way to help me, make me feel welcome, and solve my issues.

As a result I made a new friend, one who has gone above and beyond the call of duty many times, getting me out of some sticky situations, and always being there to help me out, for which I will always be extremely grateful.

I've seen first hand just how much Brian carries on his shoulders, how much he just wants to genuinely help people - for him there really are not enough hours in the day.

I've seen the countless ECU's, IPK's, Keys, T4's and tools of the trade that are literally bursting from the seams of his house, the fleet of 75's and ZT's that reside outside his house, some simply as test mules for repaired parts, or new tunes.

I've seen Brian flit from car to car, OBD to OBD, problem to problem with barely a breath between and still find time to answer questions and queries, dispense advice and generally be the font of all knowledge.

If anyone deserves to down tools, call time and take back his life, it's this man, it's well overdue.

All the best Brian, enjoy getting your life back
Same happened with me Chris. Don't know how you haven't had a nervous breakdown before now tbh Brian.
Old 16th October 2015, 21:22   #39
wattonwatty
Avid contributor

MG ZT cdti +

Only ever used your services once for my 160 remap via postal but excellent service and always enjoyed your posts. Good luck, enjoy life and keep posting at least.
Old 16th October 2015, 21:28   #40
Duotone
This is my second home

You going to concentrate on these Brian ??

You'll be sorely missed.

All the best

Dave T
Duotone is offline   Reply With Quote