Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th January 2018, 12:06   #31
mo12
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Yes Arctic a bit like a hissing noise. No didn't have T4 session, no one local with it nor a leak back test. Just took the injectors out of my spares car, which was running & starting ok & put into this car. Took me about 3 hours to do this, doing a leak back test would have most propably taken me longer & don't have the kit. Does the pump have to be taken to fit that kit ? Will clean all connections next. Its really starting to pee me off now.
mo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 17:29   #32
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Trevor.
The noise from the HPFP is it a kind of hiss, if so they make that noise, you say you changed the 4 injectors did you do a leak back test or have a T4 session before deciding to changed the injectors?

You could always have a look at the regulator on the HPFP as sometime the O-rings can fail, fix is £5.10 link below.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-...19.m1438.l2649

Takes about an hour the do the job, engine cover off, air duct off, remove the starter motor then to get good access to the regulator.

Also clean all the electrical connectors, top of the UBP, fuel rail, low pressure pump, and the regulator connector, use residue free electrical contact switch cleaner to do this a little squirt on the part, push on and off a few times before finally fitting tight.

I had the same or similar problem with my 75,ran fine allday turned it of to go to the shops,came out ant it would not start.Long story short would only start with easy start and then would run fine untill it was switched off then you needed easy start again.

Tried all the usual suspects and it turned out to be small "O" rings on the HPFP that Artic has mentioned.

So give them a look before you start anything else..

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 18:40   #33
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo12 View Post
Yes Arctic a bit like a hissing noise. No didn't have T4 session, no one local with it nor a leak back test. Just took the injectors out of my spares car, which was running & starting ok & put into this car. Took me about 3 hours to do this, doing a leak back test would have most propably taken me longer & don't have the kit.
Quote:
Does the pump have to be taken to fit that kit
? Will clean all connections next. Its really starting to pee me off now.

Hi Trevor
The answer is no the HPFP does not need to be removed from the car, only the regulator which is attached to the rear of the high pressure fuel pump, held on by 2 torx 40 I think from memory but as stated above you will need to remove the starter motor to get to it, I also removed the manifold but you don't have to, I removed it as I was changing it for a clean one.

I also vaguely remember reading somewhere that it can be removed just about with out taking the starter off but I have never done it that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC16711.jpg (125.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16713.jpg (130.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16788 (2).jpg (127.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16789.jpg (125.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16803 (2).jpg (129.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SDC16807.jpg (128.3 KB, 15 views)

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 19:35   #34
mo12
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon

Ok I'll buy that kit & give it a go.I've tried everything else.
mo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2018, 20:18   #35
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Trevor
The answer is no the HPFP does not need to be removed from the car, only the regulator which is attached to the rear of the high pressure fuel pump, held on by 2 torx 40 I think from memory but as stated above you will need to remove the starter motor to get to it, I also removed the manifold but you don't have to, I removed it as I was changing it for a clean one.

I also vaguely remember reading somewhere that it can be removed just about with out taking the starter off but I have never done it that way.
Steve I did it without removing the starter,Bit of a fiddle and you need the right extensions to do it... As you say Would be easier with the starter removed

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote