Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th April 2007, 09:21   #31
briantilley
Avid contributor

ZT 160+ 1.8T

Finally, here's a reply from someone with their name in un-bold blue

If someone could PM me the relevant address & payee details also, I'll get around to writing a cheque out sometime soon. I'm another one who doesn't get on with PayPal, for some reason!

Could I just say, though (as a new member), that the £3 is presented as a voluntary contribution - trying to shame or embarrass people into paying is not a good way to go about it, and could actually turn some people off. Wouldn't it be better simply to emphasise the benefits of belonging to, and supporting, the club?

Moan over...
Old 5th April 2007, 10:31   #32
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantilley View Post

If someone could PM me the relevant address & payee details also, I'll get around to writing a cheque out sometime soon. I'm another one who doesn't get on with PayPal, for some reason!

Could I just say, though (as a new member), that the £3 is presented as a voluntary contribution - trying to shame or embarrass people into paying is not a good way to go about it, and could actually turn some people off. Wouldn't it be better simply to emphasise the benefits of belonging to, and supporting, the club?

Moan over...

Thanks very much Brian you have a PM.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 10:48   #33
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

When you consider what other clubs charge it's absolutely nothing, and you get massive benefit from it.

I'm a member of Mazda Rotary Club - also predominantly web based - and you can't post in any forums, or even view some of them, unless you've paid you £20 subscription.
Tim_Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 11:12   #34
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess View Post
I'm a member of Mazda Rotary Club
My dad was a member of Nottingham Rotary Club, is that the same?

baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 11:19   #35
tashax
Loves to post

BMW 750i V12

Hi im sorry if it seemed like we were harrassing people into paying we were just having a laugh, but if it wasout of order sorry.
tashax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 11:40   #36
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlin View Post
My dad was a member of Nottingham Rotary Club, is that the same?

Probably, but with less powerful car stereos
Tim_Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 11:50   #37
j1jem

75 Saloon CDTi - Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashax View Post
Hi im sorry if it seemed like we were harrassing people into paying we were just having a laugh, but if it wasout of order sorry.
To be fair, hadn't even crossed my mind to paying until I saw this thread!

Wasn't aware it was an option. But then I am drastically unobservant.

Strong work JDC for bringing it to attention. Paypal button clicked!
j1jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 11:55   #38
tourerfogey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantilley View Post

Moan over...
I'm probably going to step right out of line here - but I would be ashamed and embarrased if I hadn't paid without the need for anyone to point it out.

(Goes to hide in cupboard under the stairs whilst waiting for the 'fallout')
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 11:57   #39
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

No one is being Shamed or harrassed into paying, this club was set up as a Voluntary based with the hope of Donations to help run it.
It does take a Load of time and Money running a Web Site a lot of what is not realised unless you pay to run your own WebSite which will give you an insight into costs.
The club doesn't receive the full £3 because of PayPal charges but it is a easy way to pay for members as it avoids the extra work of having to take cheques to bank etc (but still greatly received of course).
My statements were strictly of a Private nature and not an official Plead by the Chairman or Moderators, I just feel that the Donation is so small at £3 for what you get, but does not cover the Costs of running which are paid out of their own pockets. With the Donations more could be done and puts them in the Position of knowing they have the funds for Ideas etc.

Sorry if I have put anybodies nose out of joint that was not my intension but with less than 18% of members donating things can get difficult. £3.00 for a year less than 1p a day is that so much for what you get?

If you do not wish to donate DON'T, no Pressure the Club is still a Voluntary based Donation, you are still more than welcome on Forums and everyone is treated the same whether paid members or not.

Again sorry if I have upset anybody, which was NOT my intention.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 12:03   #40
briantilley
Avid contributor

ZT 160+ 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerfogey View Post
I'm probably going to step right out of line here - but I would be ashamed and embarrased if I hadn't paid without the need for anyone to point it out.
It's not a problem :lol:

I was just trying to offer some feedback about this thread. Since it states right at the top of the FAQ page "Subscribe only if you want to", no-one should be embarrassed if they choose not to contribute. I agree that £3 is great value and definitely worth it.

Last edited by briantilley; 5th April 2007 at 12:05..
briantilley is offline   Reply With Quote