Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th March 2016, 12:14   #31
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
"Nothing"........
Have you driven it then Bill?
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 12:17   #32
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

Well the other day, the headgasket went
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 12:31   #33
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Bang goes wishful thinking. Was hoping this was going to become a tumbleweed type of thread. But now I've got something to add

Appears that the kettle aka moonie (1.8T) has decided to start blowing a 'trumpet' when you lift off the throttle to change gear, temp up to 98 on a short run before coming back down and report of smoke at the back. Not sounding to good is it? So far I've only swmbo report. Last night she had trouble with a misfire causing the MIL light to come on - checked and found a logged fault for misfire on no.2 cylinder but started it and it ran ok. So had ordered new plugs. Checked the coolant - but had to release pressure slowly as it was still 40+ degrees - Maybe I introduced an airlock? Checked oil as being present but with it only having been an hour since she drove it home no chance of a good reading of the actual level.

I've asked swmbo to check the fluids when the engine is cool enough (and it's still daylight) before I get home.

On top of that really need it for the next couple of days as my diesel is going to Phil-T4 to have the steering rack replaced. I hope the 1.8t is not as bad as I fear.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 12:32   #34
olliesgrandad
Loves to post

mg zt

Nothing at all. ! Despite me doing the minimum of 200 miles a week proberbly tempting fate now though
olliesgrandad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 13:02   #35
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I still have a few issue to sort - the replacement front indicator some kind sould stove in for me whilst i was in the Post Office.

Then there is the under tray that fell down on one side - easy fix tho.

Still have to replace the brushes on the cooling fan to see if it not working is that simple (I can but hope)

My Alcantara seat base is now split and gossamer thin - so I really must swap the covers over for the ones I got from Dallas (not the place ) last year.

And I now have odd rear lights - the warning light came on and the front checked out OK but the back now has the top small bit only working on the Drivers side but the large "middle" section only working on the passenger side. So to me that indicates not just one rest light cluster to come off but both

Given the hassle others have had I am researching all the excellent posts on here re the modifications to be made to improve the fixing of the Tourer rear light assemblies.

Other than these relatively minor niggles she is going well. Fuel consumption down a bit due to winter and my FBH no longer working (another job) but I am still getting well over 500 miles per fill-up and I never run her too low.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 14:01   #36
__chris__
Avid contributor

2003 MG ZT 190+,(2005 Facelift R75 1.8T SE Conny now consigned to be a donor car)

Airbag light came on today, which is strange only in as much as I had the wires under the seat permanently soldered together last Summer. Grr.
__chris__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 17:39   #37
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
And I now have odd rear lights - the warning light came on and the front checked out OK but the back now has the top small bit only working on the Drivers side but the large "middle" section only working on the passenger side. So to me that indicates not just one rest light cluster to come off but both .

Does that not just mean that one of your tail light bulbs blown ?

Its supposed to put the stop light on at half brightness on the blown tail light side so you still have tail lights on both sides to keep you legal.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 17:57   #38
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
Another ABS warning light here - came on a couple of weeks ago. Diagnostic indicates a fault with the rear NS sensor, so I got one courtesy of Frazzle at the weekend. Just need to fit it now.
Also, the sidelight (parking light) has gone, as the warning light on the dash informed me. Dipped and full beam are fine though.
Also, my repair on the rear light seals may not have been adequate, as I discovered a small amount of water in the spare wheel well. At least I hope it's the light seals and not e.g. the boot seal, or the fixings for the chrome trim.
Also, I noticed the NS dipped beam on the car mrs andymc drives is out, so will need replacing more urgently.
Also, there's a bit of a rattle/clunk from the front of her car when going over bumpy surfaces. Previously this was found to be merely the result of the front mudguard being partly detached, but now I need to rule out track rod ends. Will have to investigate further.

Hey ho, there's always something. Be nice if it was just one thing though!
Could be drop links?
Old 8th March 2016, 18:12   #39
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
Wellllll, not today but yesterday I had to disconnect the battery due to the offside headlight randomly flashing on (with the ignition off) and illuminating the house opposite. Earlier the offside rear and repeater indicator lamps were permanently on.

This is probably connected with the rainwater coming in the rear offside (pouring into the CD changer) maybe through the window seal, the rainwater filling up the nearside rear and the well under the passenger seat to the extent you could see the water above the carpet (I suspect sunroof drain) and the rainwater coming in through the blanking plate under the bonnet release.
Check on the securing pins that stick through from the rear window into the top of the boot. I found my sons were leaking when he had the car six years ago. I sealed the part that sticks through into the top of boot, you can see the ends of the plastic securing pins if you look upwards from inside the boot. I used some silicon sealant . Cut the nozzle at the end of the widest part, and put a big blob on the ends of the pins. No more water even after six years.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:34   #40
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by __chris__ View Post
Airbag light came on today, which is strange only in as much as I had the wires under the seat permanently soldered together last Summer. Grr.
Had mine done and the light was still on. Fault was found to be the pre-tensioner. Changed that and the light has stayed off ever since.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote