Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Cumbria & North Lancs
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th May 2011, 22:12   #31
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

This was what my hold up was in the first place i can think of quite afew places local,but i was thinking about toilets food drinks etc thats why i went with what i did just to get the party started,and if we do have further meets we would need somewhere pretty much the same thanks
BIG LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 22:32   #32
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

There's a riverside country park just down the road from me,there's a visitor centre there,with toilets,and a pub that does meals and has its own on site brewery. The car park is large ,but its split into "pockets", that could accommodate about 8 cars in each. Could possibly do as a venue, a large ooen space would be better though.
Old 8th May 2011, 22:51   #33
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
There's a riverside country park just down the road from me,there's a visitor centre there,with toilets,and a pub that does meals and has its own on site brewery. The car park is large ,but its split into "pockets", that could accommodate about 8 cars in each. Could possibly do as a venue, a large ooen space would be better though.

Would that be newburn?
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 23:17   #34
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissy1810 View Post
Would that be newburn?
It most certainly would!
Old 8th May 2011, 23:55   #35
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Hi All,

Dont want to steal the show but are these future regular get togethers meant just for you local lads,or would we in Cumbria be welcome,if so could a location roughly halfway between be something to think about,as we are all in the same club region,just a thought,cheers John.
Old 9th May 2011, 00:14   #36
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
Hi All,

Dont want to steal the show but are these future regular get togethers meant just for you local lads,or would we in Cumbria be welcome,if so could a location roughly halfway between be something to think about,as we are all in the same club region,just a thought,cheers John.
Totally agree with you john just thought i'd start something closer to home to begin with but i would agree on changing the venue to something half way then everyone travels a similar distance only fair i think,but will leave it upto members to decide what they want cheers-Lee
Old 9th May 2011, 00:45   #37
Bluejon

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LEK View Post
Totally agree with you john just thought i'd start something closer to home to begin with but i would agree on changing the venue to something half way then everyone travels a similar distance only fair i think,but will leave it upto members to decide what they want cheers-Lee
Hi Lee,

Fully understand mate,I know its not easy trying to arrange things like meets etc,especially for the first time,more so,as like myself,your not in the best of health,and cant be easy for you,just want to let you know,I think you have done a sterling job for your first,you know you have my backing and help with anything in the future,keep up the good work mate,and if I can,will certainly try my best to make it.

Very Best Regards.

John.
Old 9th May 2011, 00:52   #38
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Thanks john your right mate i'm not in the best of health mate,and got to be honest had a few moments were i felt like pulling my hair out,but i'm just doing this as away of putting something back into the club that has helped me out in more ways than one mate and thanks for offering your help john cheers
Old 9th May 2011, 01:11   #39
Bluejon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG LEK View Post
Thanks john your right mate i'm not in the best of health mate,and got to be honest had a few moments were i felt like pulling my hair out,but i'm just doing this as away of putting something back into the club that has helped me out in more ways than one mate and thanks for offering your help john cheers
I know how you feel mate,my drawback is I haven't much left on top to pull out even if I wanted to,anyhow stick with it mate,I know you are as keen as me to want to help make our region that bit more special for us all,many thanks Lee.

John.
Old 9th May 2011, 15:52   #40
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

Well people let's focus on getting this first meet out the way for now,and leave any idea's for further meets till then,and if anyone wants there name down please let me know let's hope it's a good one thanks -Lee