Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd February 2015, 18:29   #31
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Sunday Continued ........

so time to start cleaning them, used some paraffin and a toothbrush and a blunt knife to remove the oil and hylomar and just general dirt and grime
buffed up with a wire brush and a mini air wire brush and job done
DSCN0411.jpg
DSCN0414.jpg
DSCN0417.jpg
next the rocker covers
DSCN0418.jpg
DSCN0420.jpg
used the same to clean, bit of paraffin and a toothbrush
but i also ran a very small drill into the small breather hole on each cover to make sure they had been cleared

Kev.......2005 MG ZT 190 Ignition Blue Lovin IT
Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Delirious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 18:32   #32
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Sunday Continued Again ........

ok this 5 pics a time thing is a pain lol

DSCN0422.jpg

everything cleaned and ready to be refitted now, so I'm just waiting for some parts to turn up before i can refit
to be honest I'm quite dissapointed in how bodged up all of this was, and id love to know why they felt it necessary to remove all of this, manifolds and injector etc in the past
still in a way I'm glad i found these problems and I'm hoping the car will be much more like it when refitted

Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:05   #33
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Excellent work Kev., especially your cleaned camshaft covers. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't clean mine, but I will next time. Your inlet manifold gaskets looked in good condition too. The elastomer hadn't been breached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
... in a way I'm glad i found these problems and I'm hoping the car will be much more like it when refitted

Simon
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:33   #34
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

thanks SD1, i hope its all worth it and i'm not boring you all to death, ill be on the car tomorrow cleaning the faces off ready for all this stuff top be refitted, im also checking the engine number prefix too make sure its a 190 in there and its not been swapped out at some point(gut feeling), and then im kinda stuffed till my new parts arrive, im waiting for the fuel injector thermostat kit my gaskets and seals for the manifolds, if i an get the basics back in by the weekend ill be happy

Old 22nd February 2015, 20:17   #35
Stag>75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5

Quote:

Basically The Car Has a Very Low Level Misfire On Bank 1 across all 3 Cylinders, This is Only Seen By a T4 Which Bigruss was Kind Enough To Look at for me at a meet Back When I Had the Car but You Can feel The Misfire At idle and at around 1200rpm,its Underpowered, It Uses Way Too Much Fuel, I Get about 15-20 miles to a tenner, which varies dependant on journeys, but about 150-180 miles to a full tank. I have never managed 200 yet
Just a thought. I see your signature shows you have done the cam belts and I assume that includes the rear ones. Was it misfiring before that? I'm wondering if it's not actually a misfire but a case of timing being out. Perhaps the symptoms would be more severe and as no one else has suggested it then perhaps I'm completely off track but just a thought.
Stag>75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2015, 20:35   #36
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

no your right this was a good point, but all 3 belts and the water pump were done by our very own god of the clutch andy
the misfire was apparent from day 1 however i never noticed it till i got home
the belt change did not affect it, and to be honest neither has anything else i've done over the last 2 years, its been so long now that i'm so in tune with the misfire i can feel nothing else when i'm driving that said i'm pretty sure a broken injector and bodged seals will be the culprit
once i've got this stuff back on ill know, if it is still doing it then i can see me heading up to Doncaster to see Andy to get the timing checked so we can rule that out

Old 23rd February 2015, 11:26   #37
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default engine numbers

ok was able to get out today and check the engine number prefix

p58 is whats on the block now according to everything i can find this would mean that my engine is not a 190 engine
can someone confirm this please
as you can imagine right now im really not happy at all, im hoping that im wrong

Old 23rd February 2015, 11:55   #38
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Hi,

Just want to say that the "gunk" on your injector seals seems to be the same as I found on mine while doing my belts and inlet gaskets:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=204919&page=5
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 12:11   #39
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

yes i must admit they do,, ive never come across that before, a see through tainted brown varnish type looking sealer or something, i see weve done the same jobs, there must be something in the air this year lol

Old 23rd February 2015, 12:21   #40
Bluemoon Typhoon
Regular poster

2002 MG ZT 190+ (Typhoon), 2004 MG ZT-T 190+ (Starlight Silver)

Quote:
p58 is whats on the block now according to everything i can find this would mean that my engine is not a 190 engine
can someone confirm this please
as you can imagine right now im really not happy at all, im hoping that im wrong
Kev I have a 54 plate project 190 ZT-T. That has a P58 2500cc engine, so don't think that is a problem.

It is the head/cams that give the 190 it's extra oomph so I believe.

Best regards,
Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bluemoon Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote