Notices

Old 16th December 2012, 22:09   #341
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post
Well I managed to get into a weekly fitness club and through May to Sept felt so much better with doing the exercise and seeing my fitness improve and was told some weight loss, then the club folded end of September and all the good work has gone south. I actually notice this more on the mental health side rather than the physical side and have vowed to get back on it after the holidays.

Stubs
Good idea , best get the festive noshing out the way first..

Makes sense.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 22:11   #342
paicey
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Well done guys, its surprising how much of it is mental, be it thinking it can only be done the first half of the year or just feeling down cos the pounds come back. Trust me I'm the first person to feel it mentally lol, until I looked in the mirror without the rose tinted glasses.... I thought I was a god, sadly I was more Buddha and less Zeus. But chin up guys, its nearly Christmas so we will all slip a little and that's ok as long as we know it, we can do something about it. I will take Christmas Day and Boxing Day off..... Ok the gym is shut, I have no choice lol, but I will eat lots of turkey lol and damn it why not.
Come the new year it's back on track.
As for eating what you want and not putting it on, be careful as it will catch you up unless your very lucky, I didn't think I was putting any on then bam, it's there and someone else see's it and not you.
Though I do eat a lot but I cut right down to 600 cals a day for the first month to kick start my body into burning fat, it won't work for everyone and shouldn't be undertaken lightly either, I know my body having done this before many moons ago, I know how my body works, now I eat around 1500 cals a day and more on the weekend, some days I don't eat carbs just to give my system a kick other days lots of rice and pasta, but I eat chicken by the truck load as I'm doing lots of weights as well as cardio, now that's a fine line, trying to build muscle while losing weight, got to eat carbs for the energy and strength yet not eat to many carbs so you lose weight, the trick is, work damned hard, pure and simple. Leave it all in the gym, don't kill yourselves though but don't just go through the motions either as nothing will happen by just buying expensive gear and showing up, you have to earn the reward of loss.
I will keep posting as often as I can remember to show my progress, and I hope you guys will too.
Good luck people.
If anyone needs any encouragement or tips or just needs to vent about what's going wrong, or even better what's going right (open to take on ideas myself too) then please drop me a message. I'm not an expert but do know a thing or two.
paicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 18:40   #343
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Darn it !!!!

Would love to join in as I eat anything and everything I like.

HOWEVER I'm 5/11 and have been, within a couple of pounds, exactly the same weight for the last 50 years. 12 stone 7 lbs.

I've tried to get fat and tried to get thin but nothing works.

Eat your hearts out guys. Lol.

Colvert.

Darn it AGAIN !!!

Nothing's changed.

Colvert.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 18:44   #344
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Darn it AGAIN !!!

Nothing's changed.

Colvert.
Go away.............
Old 17th December 2012, 19:28   #345
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
Go away.............
Hi George you could all ways try MARMITE
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 19:58   #346
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Hi George you could all ways try MARMITE
Yeuk................
Old 17th December 2012, 22:33   #347
dmacdou1
Avid contributor

currently "sans car"

Dunno if any of you have heard of a thing called "Insanity", but i've just started it a week ago. Its meant to be a 60 day thing but time will tell if I can last that long. If(and its a big IF) I can stick it, then based on how hard the first week has been, I would expect to lose a fair bit in the 60 days. Time will tell
dmacdou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2012, 07:00   #348
marke46320d
Loves to post

mg zt-t cdti + 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacdou1 View Post
Dunno if any of you have heard of a thing called "Insanity", but i've just started it a week ago. Its meant to be a 60 day thing but time will tell if I can last that long. If(and its a big IF) I can stick it, then based on how hard the first week has been, I would expect to lose a fair bit in the 60 days. Time will tell
I'm doing insanity at the moment. It works.
After the first two weeks I lost 2 inches of my waist. Weight stayed the same as putting on muscle to start with. Really felt much healthier in myself. Unfortunately I hurt my knee at work and was too painful to carry on for nearly two weeks. Just started at week 1 again.
Doubt I'll be able to do the second phase after recovery week as it is super hard so will probably repeat first phase and recovery week a few times.
If you've got the will power to keep pressing play every night it really works.
Old 18th December 2012, 23:42   #349
dmacdou1
Avid contributor

currently "sans car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marke46320d View Post
I'm doing insanity at the moment. It works.
After the first two weeks I lost 2 inches of my waist. Weight stayed the same as putting on muscle to start with. Really felt much healthier in myself. Unfortunately I hurt my knee at work and was too painful to carry on for nearly two weeks. Just started at week 1 again.
Doubt I'll be able to do the second phase after recovery week as it is super hard so will probably repeat first phase and recovery week a few times.
If you've got the will power to keep pressing play every night it really works.
Funny you mention the weight, mine hasnt really changed after the first week, but my jeans fit better(ie not cutting off circulation below the waist as much), which i guess is all i really care about. I found for the first week my legs were aching really bad, but seems to be easing off now, at least down to a dull ache rather than agony. Also I was thining along the same lines about Phase 2, looks nuts, plus each workout will be about 1.5 hours, so even getting the time to do it will be a struggle. Shaun T is a mentalist!
dmacdou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2012, 06:46   #350
marke46320d
Loves to post

mg zt-t cdti + 135

Dig deep! Lol
The aching gets less eventually but never completely goes. Got used yo it kind of enjoyed it as you knew you were doing something.
Love it when you start getting compliments as people notice the weight loss.
Good luck with it.