Notices

Old 30th November 2012, 15:00   #331
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
And what may I ask is wrong with sprouts ??.

You have upset jeff now .
I can't stand 'em - BUT baked beans are a more than windy substitute

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 16:34   #332
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Funny, not a thread I'm usually on but somehow my sprout radar was alerted
Having now read some of the thread and realising that at 5'8" and 15.6 stone perhaps I should be looking in a bit more often
When I was first diagnosed with Type2 diabetes I started to go to weight watchers and try and look after myself a bit better but I myself have fallen off the wagon a bit and need to start losing some weight before the doctor decides its time to start me on injections rather than just pill popping!
Bad enough as it is doing my blood readings!
So I'm going to get Christmas out the way and get back on the wagon and not the wagon wheels
Thanks for mentioning the sprouts George and Rod, I can sniff them out at a thousand yards
Old 30th November 2012, 17:24   #333
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Funny, not a thread I'm usually on but somehow my sprout radar was alerted
Having now read some of the thread and realising that at 5'8" and 15.6 stone perhaps I should be looking in a bit more often
When I was first diagnosed with Type2 diabetes I started to go to weight watchers and try and look after myself a bit better but I myself have fallen off the wagon a bit and need to start losing some weight before the doctor decides its time to start me on injections rather than just pill popping!
Bad enough as it is doing my blood readings!
So I'm going to get Christmas out the way and get back on the wagon and not the wagon wheels
Thanks for mentioning the sprouts George and Rod, I can sniff them out at a thousand yards
Evening Jeff - good day?
Its strange - I'm putting weight on at a time when I am, in theory, eating more healthily
As my own boss, I spent nigh on 20 years eating just about anything, no thought given to fat/salt/sugar content at all, eating at strange times of the night, never bothering with breakfast, too much coffee etc. etc. - but stayed at the same weight! Now, retired, on a supposedly healthy diet, I am putting weight on. Mixture I think of less exercise, more sitting down - and less stress. I am convinced that the latter is at the root of a lot of problems -certainly my family are adamant that it was the main reason for my heart attack

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 19:57   #334
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Evening Jeff - good day?
Its strange - I'm putting weight on at a time when I am, in theory, eating more healthily
As my own boss, I spent nigh on 20 years eating just about anything, no thought given to fat/salt/sugar content at all, eating at strange times of the night, never bothering with breakfast, too much coffee etc. etc. - but stayed at the same weight! Now, retired, on a supposedly healthy diet, I am putting weight on. Mixture I think of less exercise, more sitting down - and less stress. I am convinced that the latter is at the root of a lot of problems -certainly my family are adamant that it was the main reason for my heart attack
I know what you mean about the stress Rod, it doesn't do you any good at all.
I wish I knew an easy way to relax myself.....Oh yeah I do, on here with you guys.
The perfect antidote to a stressful day at work
Old 30th November 2012, 20:16   #335
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
I know what you mean about the stress Rod, it doesn't do you any good at all.
I wish I knew an easy way to relax myself.....Oh yeah I do, on here with you guys.
The perfect antidote to a stressful day at work
Jeff get your self a dog, a nice walk with them not only keeps the stress down but also looks after the weight
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2012, 20:24   #336
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrush View Post
Jeff get your self a dog, a nice walk with them not only keeps the stress down but also looks after the weight
Me, I love dogs
My three cats on the other hand......Noooo!
Seriously I had my Black Labrador ' Bonnie' for sixteen years which is a good age for a Lab and I miss her terribly even though she passed away twelve years ago now.
But Ros and I are at work all day and it just isn't fair to keep a Dog indoors without company for that length of time every day.
One day, when our work life changes then I will have a dog again.
A cat friendly model of course
I do a lot of walking when I get out to do my photography which also works as a de-stress mode.
I won't even mention playing with my Organ No not that Organ my Yamaha Keyboard
Old 16th December 2012, 21:21   #337
paicey
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Hey guys, been a fair while since I posted on this thread. How you all doing? I thought i would come and share my efforts and give a little encouragement to others who may need it.
The last time I posted I was saying how hard it was for me to lose weight due to a series of operations I had had on my right hip and that it stopped me doing a lot of things....... Turns out the only thing stopping me, was me. Yes I have a bit of an issue with doing certain things now that I used to be able to do so easily but my main obstacle was me, plain and simple.
So this is what happened to change all that...
About 6 months ago I was weighing in at about 136kg near on 21.5 stone in English money, I was also having serious relationship issues with my wife, then.... We split up, and I instantly lost around 10.5 stone of annoying weight haha.... Only kidding, but we did split up. It took about 3 months of getting my head together and seeing my gp to realise that I was seriously killing myself, I don't comfort eat so much but just constantly eat and I would have ended up like the people off the t.v.
Soooo I went home and stood in front of the bathroom mirror and stripped off, what I saw scared the brown stuff out of me, it was like seeing myself for the first time, I was shocked and decided there and then it had to change.
I started slowly by walking the dog, increasing the distance and speed of my walking and then I just joined the gym, it was that or risk just eating each night through boredom.
I started on the 6th sept 3 months ago, and I go 6 times a week, a bit much for some I understand, but its what I do, all or nothing. And so far, as of yesterday 15th dec I am down from 136kg to 115.8kg, a loss of 20.5kg or 45lbs or 3 stone 3lbs, it is hard work, really hard work but so worth it, yesterday I did 4.5 hours in the gym burning 3000cals, yeah it nearly killed me but what the heck lol.
I still have a long way to go but it's a serious start, I am constantly hungry which is annoying but the training I am doing, I need to feed my body or I won't be able to sustain what I'm doing.
I really hope that someone, anyone reads this and maybe takes something from it, I created reasons not to try and do it, but I could, I just needed to get up and get on with it.
paicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 21:30   #338
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Well done you, that's fab! And thank you for reviving this thread, I lost 3 1/2 stone in the first half of 2012, struggled throughout the second half and put a stone back on, however after new year I'm back in the zone, will lose that pesky stone AGAIN and then aim to lose another 2 or 3, I can only do it Jan - Jun for some reason, really need to sort that out. Keep posting, we can motivate each other :xmas-smiley-029:
Old 16th December 2012, 21:35   #339
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Well I lost a stone and just couldnt shift another pound .

The good news I havnt put it back on and oddly I eat what I like and have kept the stone off.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2012, 21:41   #340
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Well I managed to get into a weekly fitness club and through May to Sept felt so much better with doing the exercise and seeing my fitness improve and was told some weight loss, then the club folded end of September and all the good work has gone south. I actually notice this more on the mental health side rather than the physical side and have vowed to get back on it after the holidays.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote