Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th June 2011, 06:08   #311
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Thumbs down

yours sounds nice as does the other early one i hope that both are able to be around for a long time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Nice to know that it is now in good hands. The SAT-nav works on mine. Just need to sort out the leak and refurb the heater matrix.

Your car is 169 after mine so they might not have been in the same batch. Seems as though it was used for -in house- transports. I was living briefly in Tamworth when MGR went into liquidation. A friend and I went to the main MGR dealers and had a look around. One of the salesmen really had a go at selling me a car. I had the funds but my ex would have hit the roof if Iīd come back with a new 75. To get him off my tail I said that although I sound very -south coast- Iīd lived in Sweden for over 30 years so a RHD would be very impracticle. He immediately hussled me out into one of the lots by the side of the showrooms to show me a white, top spec saloon which was LHD. Said it was used by staff to get around europe. British reg, odmeter in miles, 2004 facelift. It had a couple of scrapes but was in very good condition. Canīt remember how much he quoted for it but I offered around 50% of that just to get rid of him. His jaw dropped and we parted company. My friend and I went to have a look at the MGFs. After 10 mins he came back to me and said that heīd ben forced to telephone a few places and that he had been authorised to accept my offer

I said that as I had a few caravans a tow bar would be needed as it didnīt have one. -We can do that aswell, no extra charge- I nearly bought it but said that I would get back to him if I got the okay from the wife......

Mine has a history aswell. I have a lot of the paperwork from when it was sold by Hartwells. It has had a bash at the back at some point. After getting it I noticed that the rear bumper is all one colour but the front is -Cowley- black at the bottom. The number plate light holder has R O V E R in the chrome (as I see yours has). It would have been blank. Some of the paint on the bolts that hold the bootlid on has come off. I took the trim off the inside of the boot lid and there is a sticker -2001- So the lid and bumper have been changed. Could have been hit in the rear when it was in MGRs ownership or, more probably, when the lady from West Brom owned it. The front passenger side air bag cover has been changed to the later model, so the airbag probably went off at some point, maybe when it was hit in the rear. The windscreen is original. I t has a few small dents and scratches but it is 13 years old

The car came back from my friends garage yesturday. From what weīve done to the car (I helped him with the belts) I can say that it hadnīt had a service since 2003 when MGR sold it. The lady in West Brom just drove it and the Swed I bought it from didnīt do much.

The belts were all marked ROVER and were in good condition. One of the rollers was quite stiff and didnīt rotate at all well (also a bit rusty). Everything else was okay. We put a new alternator on it (not that the old one didnīt work) as I had one (thanks to Stocktake). The alternator belt was starting to crack but was still whole. The 2 plastic rollers for that were starting to crack and my friend said it was best to replace them (100 pounds..... each - Swedish prices) Rest of the engine was in good condition

We changed the brakes all round. Discs and pads and a couple of sensors. Calipers were in good condition. Discs were quite badly scored and rusty (probably last chaged by MGR). The insides of the rear discs were rusty and the hand brake shoes were showing cracks in the linings (probably never changed). A wonder they worked (Itīs just been MOT`d)

The auto box oil was smelly and red/brown colour (box has worked without problems - I wonder for how much longer without new oil)

Iīm going to keep it as a hobby car (along with the 2 Volvos I have and the Stag). Use it a few weeks in the summer. Might go to shows with it as it is a very nice car and quite rare over here. All my friends customers (Volvo and SAAB Swedes) who saw it frist turned there noses up at the word Rover, until theyīd had a good look at it

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 18:07   #312
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

-thanks of that

Spent a couple of hours sorting the leak to the front right hand (passenger) footwell. Wasnīt too involved. I sent some water down the sunroof channel after taking the seat out and folding back the carpet. The water appeared on the front of the floor. Took the A pillar trim off and there was water there. Took the sunvisor and grab handle off and could get at the underneath of the headliner. The tube from the corner of the sunroof had more or less come adrift. Took the tube out from there and sent some water down it. Water again appeared on the floor, roughly where you would put your right foot if you were sitting in it. Iīd taken the trim off on the side there previously so after getting a light and having a look around I could see the end of the drain pipe. It just ended about 15 cm above the level of the floor??? No wonder there was water getting in. Poked around to see if there was another bit of pipe lying loose any where but no. Very strange.

Silicone on the plastic -spout- on the corner of the sunroof, then fed the pipe back on. Secured with a bit of wire that I tightened around both. to hold it till the silicone set. At the other end: Had som tubing the right diameter so forced this over the end of existing tube (silicone and tape). Fed the other end of new tube into the sill and out of the small hole that exists just forward of the plastic jacking point. More water.... no leaks and all the water came out of the end of the tube onto the deck.

The water had got into the rear right passenger foot well aswell, so took off some trim and with the help of old towels, mopped up. Now everything left to dry out.

Next is a go at the heater matrix

Last edited by Roverowner; 24th June 2011 at 18:11..
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 19:38   #313
KO52ARY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Not an S Reg .......

but followed a T Reg in Tamworth this afternoon.

Reg is T489 JKR. According to DVLA it was registered on 17.08.99.

It was driving too fast to get any other details!!
Montego 1.8 (G277 XFA),,,,, 827 Vitesse (Scary)
Rover 600 (M73 LAB),,,,,,,,,,, Rover 600 (R864 WNF)
Rover 75 2.0 CDT (X452 DNB),
A couple of V*ctras and an Ins**nia!!
KO52ARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 10:37   #314
gert
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 man.

Former S433 AOX currently is on its trip through the Netherlands with one of its owners while his wife's car is booked in our favorite workshop in Germany.
That's what the car is also ment for but not only to display it at meetings.

Everyone who has driven this car was very impressed of it.

Gert
gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:47   #315
Pim
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

The S433 AOX currently in the Netherlands (Heiloo)

Regards, Pim
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 21:59   #316
danmayberry
Loves to post

2.0 v6 auto connoisseur

ive just worked my way through this thread,and what was the final outcome?did the cars get saved or crushed?did the meeting and press shoot go ok?
danmayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 09:26   #317
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmayberry View Post
ive just worked my way through this thread,and what was the final outcome?did the cars get saved or crushed?did the meeting and press shoot go ok?
S525OVP did get saved and is owned by the club; it's currently a "work in progress". The Autocar roadtest car is / was owned by Rabbett-rover.

As far as the others go, I don't know.
Old 17th September 2011, 17:13   #318
Pim
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hi,

Again we were able to complete the history on our S433 AOX a bit.

As already written the Rover 75 was officially introduced on the continent in 1999, Sevilla, Spain.

For this presslaunch Rover placed 50 cars at disposal, among them the S433 AOX we (from the Club Seventyfive) obtained.

All MG-Rover dealers were invited to come to Sevilla, among them Jan Veenis ( http://www.rovee-veenis.nl/ ).

The next two pictures are from his private collection; on the first picture the S433 AOX is the second car next to the S431 AOX; on the second picture you see Jan Veenis with the S431 AOX. Directly behind is the S433 AOX.

Some more pictures:

Regards,

Pim / Club Seventyfive.

More information:

http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name...&p=63022#63022

Last edited by Pim; 24th September 2011 at 09:41..
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 19:21   #319
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Fantastic historical photos, thanks for sharing
Old 18th September 2011, 19:23   #320
Bernard LPG
I really should get out more.......

75 V6 Saloon 2003 LPG MGZT V8 260 LPG

Forgot about this thread.

This is the S reg car recently acquired for the guy that used to help me with the LPG conversions, which it will also have before going back on the road.

It's VIN M001285 and is needing a bit of work to solve an intermittent electrical problem.

A bit of paintwork and it will be a very good example. Meantime it is sitting on my drive surrounded by weeds.
Bernard LPG is offline   Reply With Quote