Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th August 2011, 00:30   #21
kissifer1972
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Tourer & Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon

I love my 75, and the one we had before it, but I too aren't blind to it's faults.

For the same money I paid for mine I could have bought a Mondeo or a Vectra of similar age. Of course I wouldn't have got sumptuous leather, Sat/Nav, TV, real wood or anywhere near as much chrome for that.

However, I could walk into any motor factors in the land and pick up any part I wanted for the others, but not for my 75 and for a darn sight less money too.

My 75 ownership is not purely economic, if it had been I couldn't have kept her on the road this past 12 months. She must owe me going on for £3500, for a 10 year old car with 183k miles on. Now that is 5 Series territory.
Genuine Rover Xenons - now removed and sold
Kenlowe fan
Synergy 2
EGR Bypass
kissifer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 07:28   #22
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

One day Rover 75's will start to become rare. There will be less of them around and that is when owners will see a rise in Value, but only as a classic vehicle.

The MG is a classic because of its name alone, the 75 may be a long time to get there

Forecourts will always overcharge, its their nature. Overheads etc etc

Doesnt mean the Cars are worth more. Glass's Guide probably has the 75's down for less than £1500 - £2000.
Old 4th August 2011, 13:53   #23
Drewcole81
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I think half the reason our cars are so cheap, is because we, the owners, value them that way.. .. We really are our own worst enemy..

I was saying the exact same thing last week when I put mine up for sale.....

Drewcole81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 15:25   #24
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I saw a dark Blue "W" reg 75 diesel on a forecourt in Wales for sale at £3,500.. And to be honest, it looked well worth the money.

I think half the reason our cars are so cheap, is because we, the owners, value them that way.. .. We really are our own worst enemy..

I gave £1,850 for my car.. But I would want at least £2,950 for it if I were to sell it today..

We should be comparing our cars with the BMW's for value. And we really should stop putting such a low value on what is, a very luxurious and desirable vehicle... So there! .. *stamps foot* and minces orf in a huff... ..
We can all 'value' our cars as highly as we like James. I 'value' mine much more than I paid for it and I paid significantly more than Mr. Glass has it. Unfortunately there is a difference between the value and the price! We don't set the price, mores the pity, we just respond to the trade. Mind you, it's not so bad when we come to replace it at current trade prices!
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 21:47   #25
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

Paid the very top end of market value when I bought my Tourer in 2007 (the mileage/condition/history seemed to make it worth it), am still glad I bought it, even though it has had a few little problems... wouldn't swap it for anything right now especially not any of the German alternatives (I like my cars comfortable and with a bit of soul). I just hope parts availability doesn't tail off with market value...