Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th November 2010, 11:51   #21
Stu C
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

I can't see why not, if people can afford the insurance or indeed running the car then anythings a possibility. But if it is someone under 20, it would more then likley be someone from the MG-Rover commuinity as they appreciate the cars for what they are.

Bought my ZT190 just after i was 21 as new job meant time to splash out from my trutsy old 600 diesel. Nice big V6 barge rather then piddly little Corsa's or Astras that seem to be steriotyped with age.

A number of 260 owners for some conincidental reason have bought a V8 aged about 23. Was planning on getting a 260 when i was 21, but a few were out of my price range at the time by a couple of grand and fell in love with the 190 when i passed it by on a forecourt
2004 MG ZT 260 SE #269
2001 MGF 1.8 Steptronic
2019 Seat Ateca Xcellece
Gone but not forgotton - MG ZT 260 SE #171
Member #126
Stu C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 14:43   #22
pmessling
Posted a thing or two

TVR

i was 23 when i got my ZT 260, owned it for 4 years and sold it this year to buy my 4.5l V8 tvr cerbera, and as a run around i also brought a jeep grand cherokee 4.7l for 2 grand.
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...ner468x60b.gif
pmessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 15:10   #23
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
Gets stuck in

No job = No Car :(

Hey, I'm 17 and I've got a V8 Land Rover! It's a 3.5 P6 Rover V8 on twin SU's yes the insurance is stupidly expensive and it returns less MPG than it has cylenders, but do I care? No, not at all. I don't buy expensive designer clothes, or new fangled mobile phones or spend every weekend out shopping for useless **** I don't need or want. I don't own a games console, or indulge in any season tickets in anything. My cars are all I really spend money on. I could wait until everything in my life is secure and I am fit and healthy enough to do what I want, but I may never get there, I don't think twice about modifying the Land Rover, cos it's a toy for life. It's only a few pennies more to insure then a standerd Landy as it's 40 years old and I save £210 per year cos it's tax exempt. Thats the difference in the insurance justified. I also had a motorbike when I was 16, yeah, I know I ended up having an accident, some Irish idiot knocked me off it, but I'm still here. That was the biggest wake up call I ever had and the biggest reason to finish the car. I could have that accident again tomorrow, and maybe I won't be so lucky. Anyone who is umming and ahhing about spending the money, DO IT NOW! You won't buy a better car for you money anytime soon.

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

The CookieMonster fleet:-
No car anymore unless you can give me a job
I used to own a VW, but I don't like to talk about it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 15:40   #24
man of kent
Loves to post

75 tourer auto diesel

Can anybody on a government pension afford to run a V8 ! You might on a European government pension as they get more.
man of kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 17:30   #25
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
Gets stuck in

No job = No Car :(

Well, one of my mates has just paid £500 for a 1998 Saxo 1.1l, Very proud of it he is, but I could run my Land Rover for a WHOLE HOUR for that money What would you rather,
Saxo
or
An hours scenic drive in V8 Landy?

I know which I'd rather! Even if one of them only does 13mpg

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

The CookieMonster fleet:-
No car anymore unless you can give me a job
I used to own a VW, but I don't like to talk about it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 19:02   #26
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Im a mere boy at 35 ish and i've never been behind the wheel of a V8, its been troubling me a bit recently. My dad loved his cars but mostly owned allegros but I recall mention of a V8 among his collection but was too young to remember what it was and he's no longer with us to ask..

I fear todays youth will, mostly, never get to drive a V8 beast - who buys em now-a-days? Only those old enough to have enough NCB to afford insurance and retired folk who do 10 miles a week to the shop so can afford the fuel!
Who makes em now-a-days? Luxury car makers I suppose but that market's not what it was so wont be so many finding their way into the second hand market in years to come plus with all the green issues we all feel so strongly aboutperhaps the end of big engine cars is in sight - I so hope not.

I want a V8. Cant afford to buy, run or maintain one but I want one. Even if it only drives a few miles a year and spends most of its time under a blanket. I want to hear the roar of a proper engine. Dont get me wrong, I love the 75 Tourer diesel - nicest car i've owned by a long way, I just want a car that makes me feel BAD
AFTER HEARING EuROROVERS V8 AT THE MUMBLES MEET i want one to and its for sale just had a custom exhaust fitted a grands worth

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
mark d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2010, 09:36   #27
Bernard LPG
I really should get out more.......

75 V6 Saloon 2003 LPG MGZT V8 260 LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
Can anybody on a government pension afford to run a V8 ! You might on a European government pension as they get more.
That's why I am still working, well occasionally that is.
Bernard LPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 06:27   #28
Stefano
Avid contributor

Ex owner of MG ZT 260 SE

i have a govt pension and run a 260 do 4k a year - used 2-3 times a week. im prepared to pay fuel bill just for the noise of v8 burble and the look from others when they wonder what the heck that was!
happy days while it lasts
steve

"Its good to torque"
Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 07:09   #29
tonybubble
ZT, 75 & 260 Rescue

2002 MG ZT 260 (007), 2003 MG ZT-T 260 SE, 2004 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
i have a govt pension and run a 260 do 4k a year - used 2-3 times a week. im prepared to pay fuel bill just for the noise of v8 burble and the look from others when they wonder what the heck that was!
happy days while it lasts
steve
You didn't mention though, Steve, that your 'goverment pension' was from being Governor of the Bank Of England!
I counted them in and I counted them out (with apologies to Brian Hanrahan) - 005, 007, 019, 051, 103, 288, 354, 455, 577, 700 - the story continues. http://www9.mg-cars.org.uk/mgoc260/f...lies/smile.png

tonybubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2010, 13:56   #30
Stefano
Avid contributor

Ex owner of MG ZT 260 SE

Default pension

I wish
love the isetta
steve

"Its good to torque"
Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote