Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th August 2018, 10:21   #21
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Sorry you feel like leaving Clyde- I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your car at POL and NEC. We can't lose another 'WX' reg car from the club !

A car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, and I know from my own experience of restoration projects that you rarely recoup what you spend when you come to sell. Personal sentiment can enter into it, but I agree that Wurzel is unique car, and I would not know how the hell to value it ! What irritates me at some car shows are the exhibits (often MGBs, since I tend to check them over) where the owner has obviously lavished much expense on a posh leather interior, extra shiny chrome bits, walnut gear knobs etc. then you look underneath and see that the sills and floor pan are rotten ! . I am sure this is not the case for your car, but I feel that a mechanically and structurally sound car comes first before you start on the cosmetics. Cars are a personal thing, and everyone has their own take on what makes a nice car. Hope you decide to stay.

Take care

Pete
Pete you make a great point. I’ve spent 2 months looking at MGF’s and TF’s and saw some mechanical and cosmetic nightmares. Decided to buy a TF that needs nothing at all mechanically. Previous owner did loads and you could argue that half the purchase price was just paying him what he’d already spent to get the car spot on.
Just have to save up for the obvious cosmetic work on the wheel arches and I have a great car.
He could have been silly and asked more as it one of 11 TF’s made in that colour. I could have bought a nice shiny mint body car and spent loads getting the bits underneath done. Each buyer sees what they want to see and some dismiss the obvious problems and still buy it!

With Wurzel you know what you are getting. Personally I would buy it as an ongoing show car and not my daily driver. It’s just a great example of a rare car with a very enthusiastic owner who has done all the work for you. Good luck to him and well done creating a real belter of a car.
Old 17th August 2018, 10:22   #22
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Clyde you're being a bit over sensitive and if like has been said youd just put it in the for sale section only you wouldn't have invited opinion on your car by putting a thread in the open forum.
Brian said what most people were thinking in the original thread regarding the inflated price and they most probably refrained from commenting and he maybe shouldn't have continued it into another one to be fair.
Yes it's a nice car, I had a good look around it at Eden camp last year and there were a few better ones there if I'm honest but not many. At the end of the day it's a diesel ztt with over 82000 miles not an ultra low miler with a few thousand miles on the clock and because over 4k has been spent on parts and labour and servicing that can't be expected to be clawed back and added to the asking price .
There are still some nice examples around for sensible money and provided there are no dings and deep scratches a few days off work with a clay bar, machine polisher and
some good cleaning products will have it detailed up to wurzel standards. Sorry to be blunt and in no way am I being disrespectful to you or your beautiful car but people have opinions which is what forums are about.
Have a re-think and stay on the forum as you are a well liked member.

Last edited by ziggy72; 17th August 2018 at 11:07..
Old 17th August 2018, 10:48   #23
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Hiya Clyde how you doing just been reading this thread now and I do understand where your coming from.
She's a cracking car mate and certainly well cared for no question about that.
I've had my fair share of opinions in the past some I don't like but some I have, the best advise I can give is this, Listen too the opinions even tho you don't won't want too hear it listen too it anyway.

It shows that your willing too hear and listen, if you still think that there wrong and you still want to go your own way then there is no problem at all.
Choosing the words for the time is kinda hard as passionate people will try and jam there oppions so far down your throat its difficult too tell sometime even on the net or forums if that said person is trying too undermine you I know as I've had this many times and best way too defuse it is just listen.
Read though everything and then reply thank you for your opinion but please don't take this as a offence but I'm still going too go ahead with my own thing, but you have given me something too think about if you do genially believe that said opinions could work for you.
Some people will take it as a offensive if you don't take there advise if they do then there once with a problem not you the owner.

Everyone's different we can't expect everyone too be happy do you know what I do?
Don't bother do it for yourself and yourself only that is what it means too be Human and most importantly.
A Individual.

Your taste
Your choice
Your Freedom.
Do what you ever you damn feel like and go for it.

Hope you still stick around.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Last edited by Lordy; 17th August 2018 at 12:16..
Old 17th August 2018, 10:51   #24
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Selling Wurzel is one thing, but leaving the club? What will I do without my twin brother around to share his Nevving advice?

As for the sale price of your car, it really comes down to two factors:
  • What someone is willing to pay;
  • What you are prepared to let him go for.
If the two coincide, then the car is sold. If not, then you get to keep one of the best cars in the club. Seems like a win-win scenario to me .

Clyde, the decision is obviously yours to make, but in my view It would be a real shame if you do decide to leave. I personally enjoy reading your posts and was looking forward to seeing Wurzels replacement, as well as seeing its progress once the inevitable Nevving sessions began .

Hopefully, the pic above will remind you of some of the very happy times you have had with this great club, as well as some of the friends you have made over the years.

Take care mate, and don't be a stranger (as they say).

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 17th August 2018, 10:59   #25
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Selling Wurzel is one thing, but leaving the club? What will I do without my twin brother around to share his Nevving advice?

As for the sale price of your car, it really comes down to two factors:
  • What someone is willing to pay;
  • What you are prepared to let him go for.
If the two coincide, then the car is sold. If not, then you get to keep one of the best cars in the club. Seems like a win-win scenario to me .

Clyde, the decision is obviously yours to make, but in my view It would be a real shame if you do decide to leave. I personally enjoy reading your posts and was looking forward to seeing Wurzels replacement, as well as seeing its progress once the inevitable Nevving sessions began .

Hopefully, the pic above will remind you of some of the very happy times you have had with this great club, as well as some of the friends you have made over the years.

Take care mate, and don't be a stranger (as they say).

Cliff
Funny enough you both do look alike as well.

With passion for these cars what can go wrong with that.
Stick around Clyde.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Old 17th August 2018, 11:07   #26
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

That’s a shame Clyde. There are one or two individuals, I use that term because a more accurate one would break rules and make me as guilty as them, with inflated views of their importance and standing.

To criticise another’s pride and joy just for the sake of it is crass bad manners. To further question another’s motives speaks volumes about their behaviour, especially as I’d presume they wouldn’t dare say such things to your face.

The brain is a wonderful organ; it bursts into life the moment they wake up and continues until they get to their keyboard.

Treat them with the attention they deserve, ignore them. Not with that head-in-sand rather stupid ignore list, but with complete and utter active disregard. Your posts and travels are much appreciated and I hope you will reconsider.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:17   #27
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
This is the main reason why comments on the cars for sale section were turned off Clyde made a rod for his own back by posting in the main section, shouldn't have done it Throwing toys out of the pram does him nor anyone any good. Anyway, it's all done now, perhaps rethink Clyde & put it down to experience.
I don’t think the “rod” was of Clyde’s making. Clyde’s only mistake was expecting others to have the same standards he has regularly and consistently shown.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:57   #28
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev The Bear View Post
I have decided I am not going to post anymore on here and I am going to leave the club.

I do not look at the forum to see another member having a go about my car on multiple occasions.

Despite previous threads being closed this member seems to have the need to post comments in other posts which obviously relate to Wurzel.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but sometimes if you have nothing nice to say it is best to say nothing.

I will post Zed The Ted back to Freddie as soon as I am able to.

Thank you
Bah, don't let me put you off posting Clyde, everyone and anyone knows I talk out of my backside most of the time

Stop feeling so sorry for yourself, collect your teddies and just ignore me, you know it makes sense.

Brian
Old 17th August 2018, 12:04   #29
Groundhog
Posted a thing or two

Citroen C5 Aircross

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Bah, don't let me put you off posting Clyde, everyone and anyone knows I talk out of my backside most of the time

Stop feeling so sorry for yourself, collect your teddies and just ignore me, you know it makes sense.

Brian
Geordie humour is an acquired taste Brian

At least you are man enough to take criticism and not spit ya dummy out just because someone had the audacity to call you a “numpty”

Last edited by Groundhog; 18th August 2018 at 14:42..
Old 17th August 2018, 14:19   #30
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

I blame it all on Brexit
Closed Thread