Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th December 2017, 11:53   #21
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Not true. The airbag light is a fail if it indicates a fault with the system. If the warning light doesn’t illuminate at all then it’s pass and advise.
Which is great for the MOT, not so clever if your passenger gets killed because the airbag didn't work, invalid insurance etc comes to mind. Just saying
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2017, 21:00   #22
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Which is great for the MOT, not so clever if your passenger gets killed because the airbag didn't work, invalid insurance etc comes to mind. Just saying
I don’t make the rules?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2017, 21:04   #23
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeegol View Post
The guy looked at the car and saw the light out and passed it.He said his dad has the 75 and he had a zt. He knew it is a common fault usually associated with a faulty seat connection but had to fail it. He drives past house on his way home and i asked if he could just look and see it was off as he was passing , but he said i had to take back to station for the 3 seconds it took to look and say it was ok.
Some people can be so frustrating.
Tester being frustrating? When you retest a car you effectively sign into the system as a new mot, the system recognises the details as a retest rather than full test but still logged on regardless. How would he explain to DVSA if they visited the site why he is logged onto an MOT with no car on site?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 13th December 2017 at 21:07..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2017, 07:38   #24
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

We should think of our selves as being lucky with the MOT we have here, a friend who lives in Germany was telling me how strict theres is over there. Any oil leaks even if they are not dripping are a faliure, non standard parts without the correct paperwork are a faliure.

He was telling me it is not unusual for 5 year old cars to fail so badly that they are scrapped because of the cost of repairs.

Even the wrong tyres in the winter can fail a car so he has two sets of wheels, one winter set and one summer set.

Seriously we have it easy here.
SCP440 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 17:42   #25
smeegol
Avid contributor

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
We should think of our selves as being lucky with the MOT we have here, a friend who lives in Germany was telling me how strict theres is over there. Any oil leaks even if they are not dripping are a faliure, non standard parts without the correct paperwork are a faliure.

He was telling me it is not unusual for 5 year old cars to fail so badly that they are scrapped because of the cost of repairs.

Even the wrong tyres in the winter can fail a car so he has two sets of wheels, one winter set and one summer set.

Seriously we have it easy here.
Looks like we need to be looking for 6 year old bmw MOT failures in germany and ship over here

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
smeegol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 19:27   #26
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeegol View Post
Looks like we need to be looking for 6 year old bmw MOT failures in germany and ship over here
I did ask him about this and apparently there are loads of car transporters taking German cars to Poland and beyond, as scrap in Germany they pay next to nothing for them but exporting them they can sell them for a decent price.

When I was in Egypt a couple of years ago there were loads of cars with Egyptian number plates screwed over the top of German number plates. The shocking thing a lot of them were Taxis.
SCP440 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 22:23   #27
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Default Airbag fault failed M.O.T

A dab of Vaseline on the underseat 😬😬😬 connector should solve your prob for future..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

Last edited by NigelOBB; 29th December 2017 at 23:09..
NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 22:26   #28
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post
A dab of Vaseline on the underwear connector should solve your prob for future..

Im not putting Vaseline anywhere near my underwear!!!!
Old 29th December 2017, 22:28   #29
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelOBB View Post
A dab of Vaseline on the underwear connector should solve your prob for future..

I don't think we need to know what you put Vaseline on inside your underwear connector Nigel

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2017, 22:32   #30
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I don't think we need to know what you put Vaseline on inside your underwear connector Nigel

Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Im not putting Vaseline anywhere near my underwear!!!!

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote