Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th August 2014, 22:26   #21
Frogwell
Regular poster

'02 Rover 75 Tourer Diesel

How far up should the foam injection tube be able to go? I accessed the the little drain ports as described above, but I could only get the tube to go in a couple of inches maybe. When I injected the foam only a small amount went in and most of it dribbled back out again.
Frogwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 23:03   #22
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Jiggle it about until it goes up a few inches.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 13:02   #23
trimani
Passed Away

ROVER 75 V6 2Ltr 2001 AUTO / EMERALD MOTORBILITY SCOOTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
So far so good, I've been running the air-con without it being in 'economy' mode for a change and no nasty smells yet (well since the caustic/bleach smell cleared). I suspect that it only gets as smelly as it does due to being left in economy mode most of the time (must get around to fixing the slow (cooling) fan speed).
I have a question & a problem.

I understood that the "Econ" mode did not use the "Air Con" system. Air con uses more fuel, Econ is ventilation only, so only little fuel.

Like I always do, as soon as I heard about "Klima-Cleaner" I ordered some from Micks Garage.

It has arrived today, and just read "What It Said On The Tin"
I assumed that this was a generic method of application, so I looked up this thread.

Now I'm stuck. I can't physically carry out the method shown here, so have I wasted my money. I think it would cost a fortune if I asked garage to do it.

When I sent for product I mistakenly thought I spray direct into "Air Vents", but seems , as usual I think I've jumped the gun.

What to do

trimani (Alf)

Last edited by trimani; 17th September 2014 at 14:32..
trimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 13:47   #24
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimani View Post
I understood that the "Econ" mode did not use the "Air Con" system.
You are correct Alf.
Quote:
Air con uses more fuel, Econ is ventilation only, so only little fuel.
Don't worry about the extra fuel; it's so insignificant that you won't be able to measure it. Anyway, do you worry about the fuel your power steering pump is using? Also, if you don't use your air con. at least once a month all the year round, it will very likely lose its refrigerant when the seals dry out. Then you will be spending the money you thought you had saved to have it recharged!

Simon
Old 17th September 2014, 13:55   #25
Steve1966
Loves to post

2000 W Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Man Club (SE)

Quote:

When I sent for product I mistakenly thought I spray direct into "Air Vents", but seems , as usual I think I've jumped the gun.

What to do

trimani (Alf)
Alf, I bought some from Mick's garage a year or so ago. I sprayed into the face level vents and it is still smell free now and I use the aircon regularly. Just apply it that way. It will work well enough (especially if you can't use the other method).

Steve.

Spyhole, Thermostat, IMG (x2), Front ARB Drop links (x3 pairs), Rear Damper, Coils/HT Leads, Heater Matrix, Unions, 13x tyres, Gearbox Oil, Full Service (x3), Water pump & belts, LH/RH lower arm & bushes, Front/Rear pads/Discs, Fr door finishers, Track Rods, Jule's intake tube, Clutch, Slave, DMF (ouch), 1 1/2 exhausts, front springs/top mounts, Jule's Fan upgrade/condenser, reverse gear switch, OSR upper arm, spring, and sill welding. 78,000miles (175,600m total).
Steve1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2014, 14:31   #26
trimani
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
You are correct Alf.

Don't worry about the extra fuel; it's so insignificant that you won't be able to measure it. Anyway, do you worry about the fuel your power steering pump is using? Also, if you don't use your air con. at least once a month all the year round, it will very likely lose its refrigerant when the seals dry out. Then you will be spending the money you thought you had saved to have it recharged!

Simon
Thank you Simon, I'm not worried about the fuel aspect, just wanted to know if my meager knowledge about "Air Con etc" was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1966 View Post
Alf, I bought some from Mick's garage a year or so ago. I sprayed into the face level vents and it is still smell free now and I use the aircon regularly. Just apply it that way. It will work well enough (especially if you can't use the other method).

Steve.
Thank you Steve. Phew, that's a relief. I thought I'd wasted my money again. I will give that method a go, and hopefully it will work for me asd well. I'ts a blinking pain when there are so many jobs I can't do, and in my neck of the woods there are no Jules, Marinabrian's, Artic's, SD1too, etc etc

Thank you both for your advice, it' always welcome

trimani (Alf)

PS: If it wasn't for Billy1mate, I'd be driving in the dark & with no fan, & Dorset Bob also helps keep me on the straight and narrow. Thank you both.

Last edited by trimani; 17th September 2014 at 14:42..
Old 17th September 2014, 14:47   #27
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Quote:
Thank you Simon, I'm not worried about the fuel aspect, just wanted to know if my meager knowledge about "Air Con etc" was right.

Thank you Steve. Phew, that's a relief. I thought I'd wasted my money again. I will give that method a go, and hopefully it will work for me asd well. I'ts a blinking pain when there are so many jobs I can't do, and in my neck of the woods there are no Jules, Marinabrian's, Artic's, SD1too, etc etc

Thank you both for your advice, it' always welcome

trimani (Alf)

PS: If it wasn't for Billy1mate, I'd be driving in the dark & with no fan, & Dorset Bob also helps keep me on the straight and narrow. Thank you both.
On there web site there is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTG0ltP6nfs I used that technic and all was well. All I can say is th tube tried go across to th window vent instead of down to evaporator. With a bit of jiggling all was fine.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:32   #28
trimani
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow View Post
On there web site there is this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTG0ltP6nfs I used that technic and all was well. All I can say is th tube tried go across to th window vent instead of down to evaporator. With a bit of jiggling all was fine.
Thanks very much for that. Straight forward video from supplier. Couldn't be better.
Cheers
trimani (Alf)
Old 7th November 2022, 09:43   #29
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Interesting thread, i am sure Phil also used another product at a later date and it damaged his LSM and wiring to the LSM, well i know it did as i supplied him with a LSM wiring plug with some loom which he had to splice back into the car.

It was not this product

Link to Phils mishap.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...4&postcount=42

Link to the thread.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=194849

Can be purchased from various places,
https://www.nextzettusa.com/klima-cl...ioner-cleaner/

https://www.pro-detailing.de/product...solution-300ml

Not sure if this will have the same effect but states you do not have to use a tube.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251389927853

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 7th November 2022 at 09:45..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2022, 12:14   #30
Azur
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon. 2,5 V6 Conn.SE auto, Moonstone green, White gold, Dorchester red

I would like to add something to this old thread; I purchased myself a Ozone generator (28000mg/h) which I use for multiple purposes including cleaning the aircon system from nasty smells. Google for the working scientific principle. You can have these treatments done by professional car cleaners, but for thesame amount of money you can buy a proper Ozone generator yourself (under 100 euro). Mind the mg/h figures. Used it in different situations and it works.