Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd June 2012, 10:38   #21
DerekS
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
75 diesel's not exactly a rubber burner.
Well mine will do 64 in a 60 zone (accuracy verified by policeman hiding in a van )
DerekS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 10:46   #22
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhite View Post
Just got an "Intended Prosecution" through the door today. Doing 42 in a 30 zone. The laugh is, I saw it (mobile van), but thought being a main road it was 40 and didn't slow down (neither did anyone else).

Am I right in thinking its 6points and a proportional fine?
We are strange in this Country, we just roll over and let the authorities tickle are tummies, with the great "Speed Kills" mantra!

I've only been caught by a camera van once and that was parked illegally on the central reservation on a dual carriageway in North Wales, where they tried to do me for doing 72 through "roadworks" despite it being a Bank Holiday and all works were cleared away!

The scam they were using, was despite the roadworks being cleared away and no one working, they had left the 60 mph signs up and parking a camera van on the central reservation, they must have caught 100's of people that weekend heading into Wales for the Bank Holiday and netted £1,000's off visitors to the Country, so was a cynical ploy in the extreme!

I challenged the ticket all the way down the line and they backed down a week before I was due in Court!

If more people challenged this moneymaking scam, it would clog up the system and it would grind to a halt!

Stand up and fight the system people!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 10:47   #23
Tian905
Avid contributor

MK2 MG ZTT+ CDTi & MK2 Rover 75 Classic CDT

I had the dreaded letter drop through the mail box this week as well.

I was doing 53 in a 40 zone, the zone in question is Princess Parkway in Manchester, a 3 lane bypass that runs off the M56.

The distance the van took the reading was 290 metres, after checking on streetmaps that put me about 20 metres inside the zone where the speed drops from 50 to a 40.

Not really a happy bunny about, I've not got any points and it seems I am in the borderline area for being offered an awareness course.

We shall see what the next letter says when it arrives.
Tian905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 10:57   #24
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltman View Post
I have been on 3 speed awareness courses over the years so think you can go multiple times although I'm not sure what the gaps between courses is. I also think the maximum you can be doing to be offered the course is 39 in a 30.
3 years and 1 day between offences
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 10:59   #25
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

This is how the authorities treat motorists

Last edited by rover54; 2nd June 2012 at 11:02..
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:04   #26
HordenHoudini
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur se 2.5v6 Auto; Vauxhall Astra 2.0 cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
We are strange in this Country, we just roll over and let the authorities tickle are tummies, with the great "Speed Kills" mantra!

I've only been caught by a camera van once and that was parked illegally on the central reservation on a dual carriageway in North Wales, where they tried to do me for doing 72 through "roadworks" despite it being a Bank Holiday and all works were cleared away!

The scam they were using, was despite the roadworks being cleared away and no one working, they had left the 60 mph signs up and parking a camera van on the central reservation, they must have caught 100's of people that weekend heading into Wales for the Bank Holiday and netted £1,000's off visitors to the Country, so was a cynical ploy in the extreme!

I challenged the ticket all the way down the line and they backed down a week before I was due in Court!

If more people challenged this moneymaking scam, it would clog up the system and it would grind to a halt!

Stand up and fight the system people!
Well said that man! I once challenged a Cleveland cash making van that was illegally parked in Hartleppol, I asked the officer inside if he was legal etc, to which I got a lot of aggression & attitude so I took it further, Spoke the desk Sergeant which I was fobbed off so I took the complaint to the Chief Inspector.

To cut a long story short I've not seen a van parked in the same location since which must be over 6yrs ago. Makes you think if it was parked illegally surely the fines they have taken over the yrs should be refunded
HordenHoudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 21:16   #27
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

Many years ago in a former car I went on an advanced driving course in which the instructor was a senior police instructor. He clearly enjoyed my rather sporty car and on one occasion asked if he could have a go, at which point he floored the accelerator and as we disappeared into warpspeed I gingerly asked him would would happen if he got caught, to which he said, "not a problem, I'm good friends with all the speed cops round here, I trained them".

From then on I was more worried at the way the fuel guage visibly began dropping as he accelerated to beyond 60 in second gear, than anything the tough end of the law might say. I doubt that would be possible nowadays thankfully.
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 23:04   #28
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

>>> 75 diesel's not exactly a rubber burner.<<<

Oh really? ..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2012, 23:31   #29
TheBearUK
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

I've been on the awareness course for doing 31 in a 30 limit, I was told the course was only offered to those within 10% of the limit, that was at the top of Norham Rd... mainly industrial, there are regualtions to where the cameras can be placed... so many accidents within a 3 year period, If a mobile has used a sitre for more than 3 years then i'd suggest the deterant doesnt work
http://www.speedcameras.org/speed_ca...nes.htm#mobile

That said we all break speed limits, but already 2 course? ... after one I started checking my speed

2 weeks ago I was stopped on the A1 between the cramlington slip road and Kingston park... for doing 56 in a 70 limit. he said my driving could be considered dangerous as drivers were having to break sharply and swerving to avoid me... 9pm still light good visability and very little traffic... if they were breaking sharply then maybe he should have went after them.

I knew the Spoiler and Black alloys would attract trouble
TheBearUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 07:42   #30
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

try going on a hazard awareness course £170 for having a 5 mph bump in bad weather just another way of getting lots of money out of you,we had a traffic cop as a tutor who was about to disappear up her own behind she was that conceited ,and had to go out with a advanced driving instructor just to demonstrate we could actually drive what a loads of tosh,it was either that or get done for driving without due care and attention the laws in this country make me sick

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
mark d3 is offline   Reply With Quote