Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st May 2012, 20:31   #21
ChestersDad
Still 75less :-(

1988 Defender 90

Cool Brilliant!

(ALZ4321) Hey Alun,

You just beat me to it - Sorry we missed you today too - was looking forward to it. Congratulations to you and you yours by the way.

Yep - All the research on tyres and alignment have come to fruition. Popped into The Lampeter branch of Huw Lewis Tyres and got 4 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's after reading reviews and narrowing my choice down to those and BF Goodrich Ggrips (cos I know how durable BF's are on my Land Rover) but they were sold out.
Amazing reviews on the Goodyear above though.

Great guys there, consciensious - defo going back!

Off we went to see the boys in Aberystwyth for the 4 wheel alignment and Aled did us proud on the Hunter m/c and through his adjustments to all 4 wheels.
Got my print out of before and after and whilst it doesn't mean an awful lot to me I can see the differences between each wheel, then and now, that clearly describes why the rear offside was feathering badly and the car was pulling left.

I did remember to fill the tank with fuel beforehand too.

The drive home was so much quieter, more positive and reactive that so far I am well chuffed - only done a 100 miles so far which is a bit too soon to be crowing but have a 450 mile trip to due Fri / Sat, carrying 4 people, so will get a true-er picture then.

Thanks for jumping in on this thread to help me track down a competent user of one of these clever machines.
I know a good number of the lads and lasses on this great forum will be well pleased to hear of and add to their portfolio of good and recommended service providers for our great cars.

Last edited by ChestersDad; 1st May 2012 at 22:15.. Reason: name amend
ChestersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 21:12   #22
ChestersDad
Still 75less :-(

1988 Defender 90

Here's the printout - I'm sure someone will be interested (if I can get it there! - can't at the mo! .......... Ahh Dunnit!)

Oh - thanks TC for the info- I've gorn and done it full less 20 miles or so.

Only time will tell!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg High.jpg (123.6 KB, 17 views)

ChestersDad is offline   Reply With Quote