Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th January 2012, 19:17   #21
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

It is really difficult. Basically, I have split from my fiance and have to start from scratch. I have seen two houses I like, one is a 1980's (guess) three bed terrace with zero character but in a lovely area overlooking a lake, I want it..
Second house is a brick built 1930's (guess) three bed semi, Looks vast and is very affordable but is in a dubious area. I am yet to see any victorian terrace houses that have what I need and am a little worried about thin walls, (I have a dog) I am not at all worried about hearing neighbours because if they are too loud, the telly gets turned up. I am more worried about imposing on other people.
Old 7th January 2012, 19:55   #22
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Despite my previous comment, I have found where it is more important than what it is, my house is tiny and ****** hard work to maintain, however 10ft from my back door is farmland that will never be built on so I know my view will never change..

I now do not want to move but in several years know I will be forced to due to having 2 kids, Will be interesting to say the least....

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2012, 20:00   #23
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Your house sounds really nice and interesting, my mothers house, when I moved out was a 1600's farm house with a quaker burial ground and a religious licence from the same sort of time. I think it had a priest hole too...
Old 7th January 2012, 20:08   #24
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
It is really difficult. Basically, I have split from my fiance and have to start from scratch. I have seen two houses I like, one is a 1980's (guess) three bed terrace with zero character but in a lovely area overlooking a lake, I want it..
Second house is a brick built 1930's (guess) three bed semi, Looks vast and is very affordable but is in a dubious area. I am yet to see any victorian terrace houses that have what I need and am a little worried about thin walls, (I have a dog) I am not at all worried about hearing neighbours because if they are too loud, the telly gets turned up. I am more worried about imposing on other people.
Location, location...... The 'lovely area overlooking a lake' just possibly might have a more advantageous post-code, great for all insurances and future re-sale (do a dummy insurance quote on the 75 at both post codes!). If, as you say, you are looking at it as a 'starter', that implies you might be considering short/medium term so you'd be buying now at market bottom and can afford to coast until the rise comes.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote