Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd January 2012, 19:26   #21
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio stu View Post
Has the member been banned as well then ?

It was just a question not a request
Triumph Street Triple R
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:30   #22
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbers View Post
it was me who posted the thread up, and i have sent the following message to the female members i upset, can all members also take it as a apology to them as well.:-

First of all can i just say i am very sorry to any members i have upset by posting certain things on the thread "women drivers should be banned" but i can i make a personal apology to the females members i upset set when they saw this thread, they are:- Poppy, Scooterchick and tricia1470.

As you are aware i had a road collision this morning which as done a fair bit of damage to one of my cars, as you are aware a woman driver went full force into the back of my car which caused me to get annoyed and post the thread.

The last part of my opening statement in the thread said something i wont repeat as i would rather forget i said it and i dont want to cause and female on here any offence by saying it again.

The statement was meant as abit of a dirty joke which i can only say sorry for.

I can not say sorry for any other member who may of caused you offence by his/her comments on the thread, i think i made comment on the thread but i will admit i fell asleep and when i logged back on the thread had been cancelled so i could not say anymore on it.

The thread as now been deleted by reebs after the mods recieved complaints about it. Can i take this oppertunity to say if you feel you have a problem with what i said in this message then please get in contact with me or feel free to speeak to the mods, if mods think it is needed i am will fully understand if they ban me from the club.

All the best
Craig

*this message as also been sent to reebs and pab for there consideration by myself cabbers*
Well said!
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:34   #23
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio stu View Post
It was just a question not a request

Hiya Stu..... Yes, I know it was a question.....lol I was just trying to make the point that if the moderation team did in fact any thoughts on this.... I for one would not agree that the post warranted this...
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:34   #24
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Cabbers, never saw the thread, but that comes across a pretty heartfelt apology, so good on you. I'm sure those offended( rightfully by the sound of it!) will accept it was a heat of the moment post, they're a grat bunch on here.
And I'm chuffed you're not going to get the dump valve, as I was going to start a thread entitled " all drivers with a dump valve without a turbo are"......
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:39   #25
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

I find that if I wait until i've stopped in the van before applying my lippy I tend not to run into the back of things....

Glad it was removed though, Outragous slur on women drivers, actually a slur on about 70% of women drivers from my own experience..

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:39   #26
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Hiya Craig...... Thank you for the apology, although, I have been personally offended more by some personal comments in the past.... We all make mistakes, I even swore at Flyer once on the forum..... But hasn't everyone.??
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:40   #27
scorpio stu
This is my second home

Jaguar 3.2 Executive

We can all get carried away sometimes with comments that are said in the heat of the moment. Well said with the apology..takes a big man to do that (not that you are a bigman as I don't know you and couldn't make that assumption as you may be big or small..appologies to any big or small men...This isn't quite going in the direction I meant it to !) .
Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR
Triumph Street Triple R
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:43   #28
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

I think anything that can be said on this subject has been said
and the subject should now be closed
Old 3rd January 2012, 19:44   #29
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

I think that this now puts and end to this thread
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:01   #30
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Craig has privately and publicly now apologised for his earlier posting. I see no reason to suspend or ban him, he has had enough of a day already.

However as I have pointed out to him via PM, It is worth us all remembering that what we may say to mates in the pub can be wholly inappropriate when said to a hall full of people you have never met face to face.

This, being a very public forum, is read by thousands of people every day. Be mindful of what you have typed before hitting the submit button, no matter how you are feeling at the time.

The matter should now rest.

Thread (and topic please) now closed.

Edit: A footnote to this from the OP of the deleted thread who was concerned that some members may have thought children were injured in the collision:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbers
Reebs could you please put one final comment on there saying that no one got injured in the collison, i was shook up and so was the female driver who hit me but as trebor said on the first thread there was kids in the females car and they was not hurt. if you could put this up i would be very pleased as i dont want members thinking that kids got hurt in the accident.

many thanks
craig

Last edited by Reebs; 3rd January 2012 at 23:40.. Reason: Added footnote at OP's request
Closed Thread