Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th June 2015, 08:19   #21
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Hopefully when the camera is fitted, you could post a step by step which will be easier to follow, rather than getting a bit here and a bit there so to speak, it can get confusing, something that could be printed out for the weak memory members like myself
Ken.
Do you have the same boot like mine.?

I will post how i did mine, when i get round to it
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 08:58   #22
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

My boot is a 75 saloon, we will figure out it`s fixing when time comes, mostly it will be wiring that I and a few might need setting out for us.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 09:17   #23
Mischief
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

The issue with most reverse camera's is they don't have separator plugs in the wire you have to cut a big hole to get the yellow plug through the boot lid, I added my own in line plug which is just as thin as the wire so I only needed to drill a small hole.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My 75's General Information:

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 1.8 T Club SE to be made out of 3,980
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 09:24   #24
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
The issue with most reverse camera's is they don't have separator plugs in the wire you have to cut a big hole to get the yellow plug through the boot lid, I added my own in line plug which is just as thin as the wire so I only needed to drill a small hole.
They have changed the design somewhat on the saloon cameras now.
Instead of having to pass the RCA phono through they have made a mini din connector which is quite a bit smaller so needing a smaller hole to be drilled

Old 4th June 2015, 09:27   #25
Mischief

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
They have changed the design somewhat on the saloon cameras now.
Instead of having to pass the RCA phono through they have made a mini din connector which is quite a bit smaller so needing a smaller hole to be drilled
I have the old type then lol that is a similar plug to what I have fitted to mine anyway, I didn't want to drill a phono style plug hole in my boot lid

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• This vehicle was the 49,501st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 1st 75 in Celestial (Special Metallic) (code: IAI) to be made out of 19 Celestial (Special Metallic) 75s
Old 4th June 2015, 09:34   #26
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
I have the old type then lol that is a similar plug to what I have fitted to mine anyway, I didn't want to drill a phono style plug hole in my boot lid
Yep, the original versions had a Psu socket and RCA phono to shove through a 10mm ish hole.
Now the hole can be half the size so at least the factory listened to that complaint and acted on it

Now all we need to do is get them to work on insulating the two metal retaining clips that hold the camera to the frame so they don't short out on the bulb holder
Old 16th July 2015, 22:29   #27
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Fitted, some tidying of the sealant needed but fits neat and tight. Just hope it works after all the work
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 17:50   #28
eadie

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi
I have just got the new Navall Star and also the reversing camera. I have one question about the wiring of the camera if anybody could help.
My yellow cable has a red wire out of each end by the plugs, I understand that at the head unit end the yellow plugs into the brown socket and the red is connected to the pink back wire. At the back by the camera the yellow plugs into the camera, but I am not sure where the red wire (the one running out by the yellow plug) is connected to at the back.
I believe the separate red and black wires from the camera are connected to the reverse lights loom.
Be great if someone could explain for me. Thanks
eadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2016, 20:49   #29
Mischief

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadie View Post
Hi
I have just got the new Navall Star and also the reversing camera. I have one question about the wiring of the camera if anybody could help.
My yellow cable has a red wire out of each end by the plugs, I understand that at the head unit end the yellow plugs into the brown socket and the red is connected to the pink back wire. At the back by the camera the yellow plugs into the camera, but I am not sure where the red wire (the one running out by the yellow plug) is connected to at the back.
I believe the separate red and black wires from the camera are connected to the reverse lights loom.
Be great if someone could explain for me. Thanks
The red wire coming out of the yellow plug also goes into the reverse light as that sends the signal to the stereo to switch to the camera screen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 8th August 2016, 13:58   #30
eadie

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for the info. That's what I was guessing, just wanted to be sure.
eadie is offline   Reply With Quote