Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st December 2015, 23:07   #21
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Afraid to say that I go back to the days of Jim Clark and Graham Hill, when true engineering and driver skill counted for everything. Today, only the start shows any skill, or lack of it. However, the question that needs to be asked is whether the BBC will have a refund on their contract, having presumably paid for it up front. The only saving is likely to be the crew that attend, and they will all need paying off. Scrap the bloated BBC, I say. What did the John Bishop Show cost tonight? If that is what comedy and entertainment has come to, we are better off without it!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 23:30   #22
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
I like F1. Too many people say it's boring but they need to get their head into tactics, tyres and strategies etc. Only then will they understand that it's not just all racing around in a line.

Sky do a great job of broadcasting F1 and I heard also in the news today that Renault have succeeded in buying the Lotus team.
I agree, however, the tactics, strategies and to a lesser extent tyres, have been taken over by the team more, rather than the driver. I believe that the once the car has left the start, it should be left to the driver. With all of the technology filtering into road cars (unfortunately this is a development world for the manufacturers), the development of this technology should continue. But the driver and machine should be in sole control. A radio to radio ahead from him, for tyres, and fuel. Again like the old days. After all it is what we all do on a daily but much slower form. Man and car, driving to work, making decisions on what we have to do whilst in control of the car.

Sky are making everything too American, look at their football coverage. In saying that though, I do enjoy most of the sky coverage when I watch it.

I think every generation will prefer the F1 of their formative years of its current form. In my case, it is the late 70's and early '80s that really excite me. A prime example here

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 23:51   #23
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I do wonder how much revenue has been lost because of the Top Gear saga.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 07:18   #24
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

I still watch it but It's a shadow of what it used to be. A bunch of monkeys couldn't have made more of a mess of the sport than the powers in F1.
In all honesty it's an abortion. would I pay to watch it! not on your nelly. I prefer it when it rains & the track is wet if only to shake the field up otherwise it's just a predictable procession.

The BBC is a dinosaur & needs to get rid of the overpaid chaff, does it have a sports dept anymore other than Wimbledon!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 09:48   #25
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I watch F1 but its not anything like it used to be. In my opinion the best motor racing series around just now is the Australian V8 Supercars, its like the BTCC on steroids!

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:17   #26
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Retire Bernie, kick Sky out of all sports, redesign tracks to make exciting passing possible/probable, not just decide the racing by who gets Pole or changes tyres quickly.

Bring Auntie up to date by removing the politicians that inhabit it
and set a 10 year plan that keeps the MPs from meddling with the Charter.

Does the BBC really need to have such an Online presence which must cost an absolute fortune?
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2015, 10:25   #27
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I watch F1 but its not anything like it used to be. In my opinion the best motor racing series around just now is the Australian V8 Supercars, its like the BTCC on steroids!
I agree, I've followed this series all season on Motors TV and it demonstrates motor racing as it should be. Same applies to BTCC which is our premier motor racing series IMHO.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote