Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st June 2015, 19:46   #21
tidus72
Avid contributor

MG6

Welcome jon1971 how are things in Australia..... only joking

you will find that when you own one the urge continues, they are so cheap to buy at the moment, especially a broken one you end up with two, or maybe three, if only I had room for a few more..........

Last edited by tidus72; 21st June 2015 at 19:48..
tidus72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 19:51   #22
itchyfeet
Loves to post

MG ZT+ CDTi

Before I had the ZT I had the ZR and I was so close to buying a BMW. Love BMW's
I hated the ZR with passion. Always something going wrong, terrible build quality and was just a money pit (mine was anyway).

Looked around at the BMW 320/30D models and even the 5 series. Found nothing decent for under £6,000 range. Most were serious high mileage and poverty spec interiors.
I love classic British marques such as MG,TVR and all that. I was starting to get involved with the MG community and found them to be a really nice group of people. Took my ZR to a few meets and had a good time.
Decided I wanted to stick with MGR and knew I wanted a ZT as they are my number one MG of the modern models.

Looked at a good few and most were in terrible quality. Just cheap bangers ran into the ground.
Held out for an extra few months and eventually asked on our local MGR group and was offered maybe 4 really nice cars.

As soon as I seen my new ZT, I knew she was the one. She had everything I was looking for and was cared for by a fellow MGR fanatic. Literally every mod had been done, remapped, the works.

Had to wait two months nearly to get the car. It was worth it.

Eventually it will become a weekend car and I will be using a BMW for daily driver.
itchyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2015, 19:57   #23
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Liked the look of the 75

The 1997 600 (1.8) I owned was going to cost as much to keep it on the road as I had paid for it five years earlier... over those five years (72000 miles) it had been a cheap and reliable way of getting from A to B and I would probably have kept it on the road if I hadn't kept noticing what a good looking car the 75 is...
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:33   #24
KenR
Loves to post

2.5 V6 Rover 75 saloon

The shape, retro, leather, auto. Simples.
1996 Ford Galaxy 2.0 petrol
KenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:48   #25
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

My dad bought one and he would let me drive it when we went as a family to see my sister in Rochester. It was love at first drive for me and I so looked forward to those trips and getting behind the wheel.

Decision made, I sold my car and dad helped me find a really nice CDTi with low mileage and history. Six years on and the love affair is stronger than ever
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote