Camping, In the Ardennes Forest, brave man
Freezing is a word that springs to mind and thats in August
Old 16th October 2012, 08:43   #22
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
Shame your not off to Spa again Jeff , Me, my son and two step lads are planning a ZT road trip to Spa, leaving the women at home so we can camp (they dont do roughing it!)

I did look at German Grandprix, but with one lad at Uni and the other at Six form, the only one that suits is Spa.

I think we will do General Admission like we did in Hungary, anyone know what its like at Spa, it was great at the Hungaroring.

Simon
Went to spa this year, it is very good,

The usual things you have to put up with, over priced **** and paying for the toilet etc, but at least with spa you can wizz in the forest!

It is a very big circuit, but you can explore most places.

I would recommend getting a covered grandstand seat, which although packed means you have some space around the grandstand as these are blocked off for seat holders only.

Also, as the weather can be unpredictible you will have somewhere to shelter if the rain comes, there are very few places to hide as I found out during Friday practice this year.

Plenty of exploring, but you cant get near the pits if you are on the ou rouge side and vice versa as these two main sections seem to be either one or the other.

Access to the track is a pain if coming from outside of Spa Francorchamps, we stayed in Brussels (Which is a dump) and spent 3 hours each way getting to the circuit everyday which was a bit tedious.

Pay the extra and get as close to the track as poss, it is easy to walk in from about 4 miles away.

Ou rouge is avery good corner to watch but chances of an incident or overtaking are low
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 09:02   #23
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Camping, In the Ardennes Forest, brave man
Freezing is a word that springs to mind and thats in August
Well perhaps not that Brave, we are thinking here, with Breakfast included

http://www.campingf1.com/prices/show_package/51
Old 16th October 2012, 09:08   #24
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Courier View Post
Went to spa this year, it is very good,

The usual things you have to put up with, over priced **** and paying for the toilet etc, but at least with spa you can wizz in the forest!

It is a very big circuit, but you can explore most places.

I would recommend getting a covered grandstand seat, which although packed means you have some space around the grandstand as these are blocked off for seat holders only.

Also, as the weather can be unpredictible you will have somewhere to shelter if the rain comes, there are very few places to hide as I found out during Friday practice this year.

Plenty of exploring, but you cant get near the pits if you are on the ou rouge side and vice versa as these two main sections seem to be either one or the other.

Access to the track is a pain if coming from outside of Spa Francorchamps, we stayed in Brussels (Which is a dump) and spent 3 hours each way getting to the circuit everyday which was a bit tedious.

Pay the extra and get as close to the track as poss, it is easy to walk in from about 4 miles away.

Ou rouge is avery good corner to watch but chances of an incident or overtaking are low
Thanks for the above

Cant see us doing Grandstand to be honest, although I would like to, but with 4 of us to pay for (all on me!) makes for a really expensive do, with General Admission tickets, ferry, fuel and camping, I reckon it will be about £250-£300 each, which isn't so bad.

I enjoyed the General Admission we had at Hungary and I didn't really go expecting to actually watch the race, but I did keep up with what was happening.
Old 16th October 2012, 09:18   #25
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Cool Jeff , Looking forward to MORE ! Ill Dig Up the Montreal Pics
Come on Sean, pull your finger out, get those pictures of the Canadian Grand Prix up
Old 16th October 2012, 09:23   #26
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikelsh View Post
Thanks for the above

Cant see us doing Grandstand to be honest, although I would like to, but with 4 of us to pay for (all on me!) makes for a really expensive do, with General Admission tickets, ferry, fuel and camping, I reckon it will be about £250-£300 each, which isn't so bad.

I enjoyed the General Admission we had at Hungary and I didn't really go expecting to actually watch the race, but I did keep up with what was happening.
Being a bit of a Tog I only go for General Admission as I want to get as near to the action as possible and also focus out the catch fences from my pictures
Most tracks have radio broadcasts so worth taking a pocket radio with a headset with you to keep up with the action