Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2007, 08:11   #21
Buster
Regular poster

75 Tourer, 2003. Can Am Spyder Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
Yes and ther new main cause of ACCIDENTS? Watching the Speedo coming up to Traffic cameras, 5 reports today in just one area!
Whilst not wishing to sound like a martyr, I believe there should be many, many more speed cameras and perhaps in disguise! People would perhaps, then get used to sticking to the speed limit.

After all the only people that complain about them, are those who WANT to speed, Like Jeremy Clarkson and his equally cretinous and irresponsible "presenters". This is something I do feel strongly about because I live on a very busy road (with the national speed limit applied) and where My drive emerges it is on a peculiar bend. As the oncoming drivers can see me, however, I cannot see them until they are about 50 yards away. Therefore, those that drive at 60, (even though it is too fast (oh and before you say that is legal....check your highway code!)) I can just about dodge, any faster than 60 and my lottery odds are greatly reduced.

So for those that do speed... and use mobile phones. Well, I would cut thier hands off, because that is the only way to stop it!

WOOSAH!

WOOsah!

woosah....
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 10:49   #22
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Whilst not wishing to sound like a martyr, I believe there should be many, many more speed cameras and perhaps in disguise! People would perhaps, then get used to sticking to the speed limit.

After all the only people that complain about them, are those who WANT to speed, Like Jeremy Clarkson and his equally cretinous and irresponsible "presenters". This is something I do feel strongly about because I live on a very busy road (with the national speed limit applied) and where My drive emerges it is on a peculiar bend. As the oncoming drivers can see me, however, I cannot see them until they are about 50 yards away. Therefore, those that drive at 60, (even though it is too fast (oh and before you say that is legal....check your highway code!)) I can just about dodge, any faster than 60 and my lottery odds are greatly reduced.

So for those that do speed... and use mobile phones. Well, I would cut thier hands off, because that is the only way to stop it!

WOOSAH!

WOOsah!

woosah....
It must be a real pain reversing in to your drive on a busy road...
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 11:18   #23
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Reverseing onto any "A" Road from a driveway is an offence.
The National Speed Limit for SingleCarriage Ways is 60MPH
Dual CarriageWays 70MPH
Motorways 70MPH
Unless otherwise indicated!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2007, 14:46   #24
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Dual CarriageWays 70MPH
Motorways 70MPH

Hence my comment indicating the opposite John!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 09:24   #25
Buster
Regular poster

75 Tourer, 2003. Can Am Spyder Roadster

Quote:
Dual CarriageWays 70MPH
Motorways 70MPH
Yes reversing into an A road is indeed an offence, fortunately I don't have to do that, besides, it would be suicidal!

The national speed limit on single carraigeway roads is UP TO 60 MPH depending on the road conditions, and in reality most single carraigeway "A" roads in rural areas will full of bends, incorrect cambers, blind/obscured tributaries..et al.

And the worst statement that people come out with is "I know this road really well" when in reality they have no idea which slow moving vehicle is around which blind bend, which is why there is a common occurence of cars being buried in the boot of a (legally) stopped bus or the back wheels of a tractor which was travelling at 25MPH
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2007, 09:38   #26
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Around here Buster it is Normally Sheep or Cows in the road, again quite a shock at night to see Sheep or Goats in the headlights on some of the unlit Mountainous roads.
The reason I mentioned the reversing off drives is so many people drive on and then reverse off hoping the other motorist will do the avoiding, see it all the time most close calls but sometimes serious accidents result, and many do not realise it is an offence!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 09:27   #27
Gryphon
Passed Away

75 CDT Connoisseur + VW Trike + Kawasaki 1000LTD

Quote:
The reason I mentioned the reversing off drives is so many people drive on and then reverse off hoping the other motorist will do the avoiding, see it all the time most close calls but sometimes serious accidents result, and many do not realise it is an offence!

We had an officer up here a few years ago did his own mother for reversing on to the main road
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2007, 12:10   #28
Rich
Posted a thing or two

http://Roadca.ms - Letting you see what they see!

Are you sure it wasn't his mother in law
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote