Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th June 2024, 08:08   #21
LowFlyingBus

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray L View Post
I had a re-map on my cdti 130. Little difference noticed on actual performance but probably a consistent 10% improvement on mpg.
Interesting. Do you know how it improves MPG? Timing changes or something?
LowFlyingBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2024, 08:36   #22
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowFlyingBus View Post
Interesting. Do you know how it improves MPG? Timing changes or something?
Could be because the mid range torque is significantly improved. Whether it produces 160bhp or not, it is worth doing.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2024, 08:43   #23
LowFlyingBus

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Could be because the mid range torque is significantly improved. Whether it produces 160bhp or not, it is worth doing.
Mm. So you're revving it less, at the end of the day. That would make sense.
LowFlyingBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2024, 09:03   #24
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:

I would agree with this.. I did a run up to Manchester and back a year or so back and did a brim to brim check for consumption and it returned 57.1 mpg which i was very happy with.
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=269044

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT

Last edited by Rogue; 7th June 2024 at 09:11..
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2024, 09:58   #25
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
It isn't (compared to a stock 131ps). I'll find a dyno printout showing the map vs a stock 131ps tune.

Also, just so people know with regards to MPG, once remapped you can never trust the MPG readout on the car, it uses the stock injector timings and duration to calculate the MPG, once these have been altered on the ECU the IPK isn't aware and miscalculates.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2024, 10:12   #26
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
Also, just so people know with regards to MPG, once remapped you can never trust the MPG readout on the car, it uses the stock injector timings and duration to calculate the MPG, once these have been altered on the ECU the IPK isn't aware and miscalculates.

So how would that explain the results from a brim to brim test as explained in my post?

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 8th June 2024, 10:22   #27
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
So how would that explain the results from a brim to brim test as explained in my post?
Going on a drive isn’t scientific. Engine temperature, gear changes, external temperature, fuel, fuel temperature, air quality, air temperature at intake, throttle usage, engine adaptations will have been reset during map, injectors could decide to perform better one day, higher voltage could result in higher fuel pressure etc. There is all sorts that effects mpg. Do the same trip multiple times and you’ll get different readings.
Old 8th June 2024, 10:24   #28
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Going on a drive isn’t scientific. Engine temperature, gear changes, external temperature, fuel, fuel temperature, air quality, air temperature at intake, throttle usage, engine adaptations will have been reset during map, injectors could decide to perform better one day, higher voltage could result in higher fuel pressure etc. There is all sorts that effects mpg. Do the same trip multiple times and you’ll get different readings.

You mean that the figure could be even higher!!
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2024, 10:50   #29
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Quote:

A 412 mile "drive" is a reasonable sample and clearly every journey would produce different figures due more to traffic than most other variables however i did not claim that it was anything more than a snapshot showing the map had certainly not reduced MPG on this run.

Old 8th June 2024, 11:10   #30
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
A 412 mile "drive" is a reasonable sample and clearly every journey would produce different figures due more to traffic than most other variables however i did not claim that it was anything more than a snapshot showing the map had certainly not reduced MPG on this run.
Oh you won’t lose MPG during general driving. A remap won’t ever give more MPG unless you have the car mapped for less power. More power = more fuel, it’s as simple as that. Yes the power curve can be shifted so you get more power low down, but that means you’re using more fuel lower down in the revs than you were before.