Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2011, 00:40   #21
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Awww.. Did I miss a fight?????

As far as MODs stepping in-or not.. i think they should step in more often than they do, bad manners and insults are easy to spot and no one wants to see that kind of thing on our forums..

Sadly I have seen remarks made that a MOD should have at least commented on, better still deleted and warned the poster to behave better innit..

But -- Overall when you take into account the huge number of posts made, and the few MODs available, policing is as good as can be expected..

We can of course do a lot of "modding" ourselves. if someone is out of order, we can all politely remind them of the rules here innit..
Old 21st November 2011, 00:45   #22
Godders 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 diesel auto Tourer odessey blue

No you didn't miss any fight, but fair point by moding ourselves, i had to report a joke a few weeks back that although a play on words was disgusting, it took a couple of goes but a mod did take it off, but was on the site for a couple of weeks
Old 21st November 2011, 00:46   #23
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts
Default Misconstrued posts

Then there is always this problem...

What people type onto the forums can be read as being totally different to what the originating poster (OP) intended. What we lack here is body-language and voice inflection. Emoticons (smilies) can help, but even with these, the message can be easily misconstrued.

Therefore, the point of view of the OP can be read to mean something completely different to what the OP intended, whether meant factually, humourously or otherwise. Many of us have been on the wrong end of the stick on this point....

Please be aware of this when you post, and then re-read your posts before posting, from a neutral point of view, or other ....

Carry on folks, in a self-moderating form of course

Your comments are being taken on board.... and assessed....

The difficulty is where is the point that moderation becomes excessive ? The balance is a constantly moving goal post

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st November 2011 at 00:49..
Old 21st November 2011, 00:47   #24
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Awww.. Did I miss a fight?????

As far as MODs stepping in-or not.. i think they should step in more often than they do, bad manners and insults are easy to spot and no one wants to see that kind of thing on our forums..

Sadly I have seen remarks made that a MOD should have at least commented on, better still deleted and warned the poster to behave better innit..

But -- Overall when you take into account the huge number of posts made, and the few MODs available, policing is as good as can be expected..

We can of course do a lot of "modding" ourselves. if someone is out of order, we can all politely remind them of the rules here innit..

Hm, debatable i suppose..... But in the case of Gary,,,, He really should have reported this person to the moderation team.... Quite angry at you for that Gary as he is still on here... (Although, not that mad...)
Old 21st November 2011, 00:50   #25
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

via this site and others i have travelled far to meets and to events all over and in many cases would never of done other wise . i have met and i'm on good terms with many who i would of never met otherwise . we have many on here who will help others with out a second thought.

while at the hart of this club is the cars , the members them selfs is what makes this place what it is. some do like to just read posts , some like to write posts and some will be active at meets or what ever events we get up to . some things on this site are to me and some seem to be but most on here are good folk and i am glad of of met many in person and via getting a 75 and getting involved in this and other clubs even gone to the far side of germany and meeting 75 owners over there which i would never of done otherwise .

we need a social side to here as well as all the car stuff and at times learn to be nice to each other as at times some seem to of lost that skill not all of us are great writers and some may not be good face to face , some certainly can be very on their hi horse just cause some one don't write as well as they think they should . some things on here can be and some should be kept private and not on general forums for others to see ,as it is mainly a car club.

but we are all people and where possible most will help others on here if they can .

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
Old 21st November 2011, 00:52   #26
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
We can of course do a lot of "modding" ourselves. if someone is out of order, we can all politely remind them of the rules here innit.. ...
A point well put

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Old 21st November 2011, 00:52   #27
Godders 75
Loves to post

oh... you know who i meant then poppy, i thought i disguised it quite well, although he does seem to revel in it.
gary
Old 21st November 2011, 00:56   #28
Godders 75
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug2 View Post
via this site and others i have travelled far to meets and to events all over and in many cases would never of done other wise . i have met and i'm on good terms with many who i would of never met otherwise . we have many on here who will help others with out a second thought.

while at the hart of this club is the cars , the members them selfs is what makes this place what it is. some do like to just read posts , some like to write posts and some will be active at meets or what ever events we get up to . some things on this site are to me and some seem to be but most on here are good folk and i am glad of of met many in person and via getting a 75 and getting involved in this and other clubs even gone to the far side of germany and meeting 75 owners over there which i would never of done otherwise .

we need a social side to here as well as all the car stuff and at times learn to be nice to each other as at times some seem to of lost that skill not all of us are great writers and some may not be good face to face , some certainly can be very on their hi horse just cause some one don't write as well as they think they should . some things on here can be and some should be kept private and not on general forums for others to see ,as it is mainly a car club.

but we are all people and where possible most will help others on here if they can .
Very well put, i couldn't agree more.
Old 21st November 2011, 00:56   #29
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godders 75 View Post
oh... you know who i meant then poppy, i thought i disguised it quite well, although he does seem to revel in it.
gary

HMMMMMMMMMMM... Lol. Hey Gary, do not let them worry you... Poppy
Old 21st November 2011, 01:10   #30
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godders 75 View Post
Very well put, i couldn't agree more.
thank you
and good night

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
Closed Thread