Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th October 2016, 23:06   #21
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
Have just had to pay for an alleged parking offence. First I knew of it was when a letter from an enforcement company came through the box. Seems that I had been taken to court even and knew nowt about it.

Finally got to speak to someone at the council only to be told pay up and shut up!

Just because we do not complain ever five minutes about the poor service we get out in the rural areas we get shafted. Then to top it all we get two other houses letters a few days later ............................................... but the post office does not make these mistakes.

No letters were sent recorded or sgned for it seems and the council claim they sent 4 letters ..................................... yet I have not seen one nor any evidence but hey what does that matter just pay up and shut up like the council clone says.
To be summonsed to court, surely you need some kind of proof of delivery of said summons? Even if you havent received the letters, they must have some kind of proof of serving? That cannot be right, nor fair. You havent had an opportunity to plead your case.

Could there have been some kind of mistake? As in council person, has read the incorrect information to you?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 07:49   #22
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
I sympathise Rav, I was trying to find a space in middle of Edinburgh last week, give up after 40 mins, by the time I had got back to hotel and trying for a taxi it was to late, I should have got taxi in the first instance.

Barry
Would have been faster and have George (Flyer) come from Glasgow
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 07:56   #23
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
To be summonsed to court, surely you need some kind of proof of delivery of said summons? Even if you havent received the letters, they must have some kind of proof of serving? That cannot be right, nor fair. You havent had an opportunity to plead your case.

Could there have been some kind of mistake? As in council person, has read the incorrect information to you?
According to them nope no mistake of course the courts are of no help as their wonderful computer system it seems cannot find the information without the reference number that is on the court papers and as I do not nor have I ever had siad papers ............................ sorry.

Plus of course the little fact that the council have sold the running and collection of parking fines to another oragnisation so it is not even dealt with in county further makes it difficult. So I do not even know which court the case was at so have tried asking several courts with no luck.

It seems all they are interested in is the money and they do not care who pays as long as it is paid! Gone are the days of the courts having to get things right and having the correct person in front of them. All it takes now is someone to declare that you did something and then away it goes ................................ someone said it so it must be true!

Apart from making us poorer what this really has done is put the final nail in the coffin of our trust. So now it's batten down the hatches and keep ourselves to ourselves. Our faith in the legal system and especially the Police was destroyed around 5 years ago and now this .................................... might be paranoid but we wonder if it is all linked.
Old 20th October 2016, 12:57   #24
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I haven't had a parking ticket in ages, but got hit big time last week!
SWMBO's Eurobox was in the garage getting an electric problem sorted and we picked it up using my car.

We then drove both cars to Lidl.

As we were about 9 minutes over the allowed parking time of 1 hour 30 mins, we both got £90 fines, with a 50% discount for quick payment.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 14:32   #25
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
I haven't had a parking ticket in ages, but got hit big time last week!
SWMBO's Eurobox was in the garage getting an electric problem sorted and we picked it up using my car.

We then drove both cars to Lidl.

As we were about 9 minutes over the allowed parking time of 1 hour 30 mins, we both got £90 fines, with a 50% discount for quick payment.

Do not pay!

Dispute the invoice (not a fine or summons)

I used info from a site like this one and after a few exchanges of letters, they stopped writing to me!

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_bei...g-charge-order
Old 20th October 2016, 14:48   #26
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
According to them nope no mistake of course the courts are of no help as their wonderful computer system it seems cannot find the information without the reference number that is on the court papers and as I do not nor have I ever had siad papers ............................ sorry.

Plus of course the little fact that the council have sold the running and collection of parking fines to another oragnisation so it is not even dealt with in county further makes it difficult. So I do not even know which court the case was at so have tried asking several courts with no luck.

It seems all they are interested in is the money and they do not care who pays as long as it is paid! Gone are the days of the courts having to get things right and having the correct person in front of them. All it takes now is someone to declare that you did something and then away it goes ................................ someone said it so it must be true!

Apart from making us poorer what this really has done is put the final nail in the coffin of our trust. So now it's batten down the hatches and keep ourselves to ourselves. Our faith in the legal system and especially the Police was destroyed around 5 years ago and now this .................................... might be paranoid but we wonder if it is all linked.

I think you will find only the court can issue a summons, not the council. So perhaps the reason the court cannot find the paperwork is because they have not issued any? You I believe, are being possiby had.

Stand your ground the onus is on them.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 16:57   #27
Plezier

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
I think you will find only the court can issue a summons, not the council. So perhaps the reason the court cannot find the paperwork is because they have not issued any? You I believe, are being possiby had.

Stand your ground the onus is on them.
If that is so then the Council and this enforcement company are in league together.
Old 20th October 2016, 17:17   #28
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-45 View Post
Near where I live there is a Bulgarian registered 7 series BMW left on a yellow line all day, for about the last month - it's near the station so assume they have caught a train.

Never seen the car get a ticket - I wonder why ?
Can't chase up Bulgarian plates , so get yourself a Bulgarian reg car !
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 17:42   #29
Borg Warner

None

Quote:
If that is so then the Council and this enforcement company are in league together.
They are. But you need to see the evidence they say they have. You may well be guilty as charged, on the other hand they may be wrong. You have been told someone sent you 4 letters can they prove it?
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 19:39   #30
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

If you were in a council car park where you paid, the law is specific and you are allowed 10 minutes after the time has finished. I know, I have read 32 pages with regards to parking , from the government website. Appeal against it. You will get it removed. This has been the case since April 2015.

Last edited by bl52krz; 20th October 2016 at 19:42.. Reason: This is for Lady z
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote