Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th July 2012, 04:31   #21
crofts
I really should get out more.......

2003 Rover 75 Conn. SE Auto Tourer 131 ps CDTi

Default Postage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
I do not dispute the level of service provided, but £9.25 postage for a can of paint extracts the urine, unless of course it is Bacchus Supertallic being delivered by armed guard or a squad of nubile blondes .
It probably is the actual shipping charge, Vauxhall dealer told me last week they could not post aerosol paint to me, classed as hazardous goods.
Old 13th July 2012, 06:22   #22
Falcon Flyer
Gets stuck in

R75 CDTi Auto Conn SE Mk1 Saloon

Not quite sure what they are smoking, but its starting to affect their adverts as well......I've just received an email advertising their exhausts, which invites me to:

"Quiet your vehicle & improve your mileage"
Old 13th July 2012, 07:03   #23
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

For a big company ( or people like us if volume is there ) you can have a SET price per year agreed with Royal Mail / Parcel Force and mail out your items. Yes packing materials etc come in at extra, but from my experience Rimmers are ripping people off with the postage or they are too lazy to look for a better deal themselves.

Im a regular seller on ebay and have used a yearly account with Royal Mail, the costs come nowhere near Rimmers. I have sold and shipped items larger than Rimmers.

Many "buyers" I buy from also offer Free shipping, and the total costs still come to less than Rimmers totals. They are not doing themselves any favours at all, and Im sure many members here like me have been put off using them with the mailing costs they charge.

I did look on their site for a handbrake compensator, parts price was ok, but shipping was more than the actual item....... how do they figure that. "Other" companies have a much lower cost to ship it, either that or their website is messing up prices.
Old 13th July 2012, 08:15   #24
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC Trading View Post
I think it is sad that a company such as Rimmer Bros who have the best stock level of any MG-Rover supplier, who offer outstanding service and who are a supporter of this club are called rip off merchants
What with South Lakes Mini's the other day too, it seems to be open season on the forums for supplier knocking at the moment. Fine if you have experienced an issue which you think other members would need to know about then do it in a polite manner, but please all resist the temptation to use the boards as a soap box if you can.

In this instance, if you have a grievance with the postage Rimmers charge, then I would suggest a PM to them here on the forums would be the best way to offer constructive feedback. Rimmer Bros

They are still a valuable resource to many owners and stock at great depth. There are ways and means of imparting your dissatisfaction of their shipping charges, can I suggest a public flogging is not the best approach
Old 13th July 2012, 13:38   #25
Rimmer Bros
Premium Trader

MG ZT-T

As a mail order supplier we rely on good relationships with our delivery partners to provide the service we offer.

Solvent Based Paint is a Prohibited Material in the Royal Mail system as noted on page 5 of their terms here :-
http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...April%2012.pdf

We will not put solvent based paint into the Royal Mail network.

UPS will carry Solvent Based Paint by road under ADR regulations where account holder is ADR trained and the correct information for the product is available, (Safety Data Sheet and UN classification) . We have worked hard with our suppliers to obtain the safety data sheets and UN numbers for the parts we sell, we have sent staff members on ADR regulation training and have sort assessment by UPS. Having jumped through all the necessary hoops we have been approved to ship hazardous goods by UPS and have had this option added to our account. It does have to be processed manually and cost us more to ship a hazardous item, but we feel it is worthwhile as there is some demand for hazardous goods.

We are now looking into IATA regulations to be able to ship hazardous goods by air but it seems even more complicated and expensive.

I trust this helps explain our position.

Regards

Andrew Mundy
Sales & Marketing Manager

Last edited by Rimmer Bros; 13th July 2012 at 14:11..
Old 13th July 2012, 16:20   #26
Holy Count
Loves to post

75 CONNOISSEUR CDT SE AUTO

Thank you for your explanation Rimmers .. and Reebs, apologies for opening my big mouth in the first place -- I'll keep it firmly shut in future.
Old 13th July 2012, 16:59   #27
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling800 View Post
hi all.

I have to say rimmer brothers are ripping everyone of with postage.

I recently brought mg zt car mats plus a rear badge and added express delivery(next day) and they charges over £12,00 for that!!

we send out about 700 parcels a month with parcel force and they charge me£4.60 for 24 hour delivery andd up to 30 kilos in weight!!

admittedyl rimmers use UPS who charge a little more,but i find it criminal that companies try to make extra profits out of postage like that.. and im pretty sure rimmer borthers would be sending out more parcels than me so would get favorable rates!!

packing materials? maybe a £1.00 a shipment.

no need for it.

chris
just found out today tnt have sold out to ups so all tnt accounts are now payable to ups including mine and the tnt driver that comes to us has also told me what was tnt has now brought out parcel force so i dont now who owns who now
Old 13th July 2012, 18:02   #28
ianfletcher
I really should get out more.......

BMW 1 series

Rimmer Bros is one of if not the biggest suppliers of mgr parts in the world and without them a lot more of our cars would be on the scrap pile now so we are all lucky they still bother.
If you require the parts then your going to have to pay an extra few quid on the delivery and be happy with it otherwise your car could be soon on top of the pile!
Old 13th July 2012, 18:22   #29
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfletcher View Post
Rimmer Bros is one of if not the biggest suppliers of mgr parts in the world and without them a lot more of our cars would be on the scrap pile now so we are all lucky they still bother.
If you require the parts then your going to have to pay an extra few quid on the delivery and be happy with it otherwise your car could be soon on top of the pile!
My thoughts entirely!

The problem is, because a lot of people just run them as they are currently "cheap cars" they don't want to pay anything for anything to repair them!

Genuine parts ARE expensive, whichever manufacturer you buy them from and Rimmer Bros should be applauded for helping us keep these cars on the road, over 7 years after the factory closed and not classed as "rip-off" merchants!
Old 13th July 2012, 19:01   #30
Seafrost
Posted a thing or two

75 Connie SE 1.8 Manual Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
My thoughts entirely!

The problem is, because a lot of people just run them as they are currently "cheap cars" they don't want to pay anything for anything to repair them!

Genuine parts ARE expensive, whichever manufacturer you buy them from and Rimmer Bros should be applauded for helping us keep these cars on the road, over 7 years after the factory closed and not classed as "rip-off" merchants!

I dont think anyone suggested the "parts" price was not fair, I believe, it was the postal charges... which if there is a cheaper way of sending it, why not do it, why simply offer an expensive mail service.

As for keeping the cars on the road, parts are available albeit "used"..and just like any OLD car, will be for sometime to come, whether money men invest in keeping stock or not.

For some to take the attitude that we want to run the cars as cheap as possible , I dont know many people no matter what "brand" who doesnt want cheap right now... living costs are stupid for everybody so I am led to believe by the constant news broadcasts.

That said , Rimmers have been excellent to me in the past for parts, but the current postage costs have forced me to seek Alternatives closer to home at a fraction of their costs, its simple economics, nothing to do with wanting to run a car on the cheap.. I wouldnt have bought Rovers if I wanted Cheap !! I would have bought a pushbike.
Closed Thread