Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd February 2010, 21:10   #21
mantianak
I really should get out more.......

ZT 190+ Saloon

Interesting. I've seen these on ebay for a while now and wondered how they would work with our cars. It lists for diesel engines only, does anybody know if the KV6 Siemens ECU's were used on other cars too? Just thinking it may work, but probebly not.
mantianak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2010, 22:32   #22
eddybrown
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club CDT & 73' MG Midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datadogie View Post
I'm also interseted in upgrading my cdt to cdti auto saloon. If this KWP2000 ECU Flasher works as well as said. Could we store or exchand the files online for others to use. Or would this be illegal?
I have a bin file for a 131 auto which may be of use if you want to test it however the risk is all yours I'm afraid.

I also have a 131 manual map that's been remapped however it's not been done well so I wouldn't advise long term use but it would be ok for a quick test. I had my car on a rolling road whilst using this map and it made 142hp at the wheels so around 160hp at the flywheel however it smoked a lot so this probably lost me power...

I also have some untested map files but I don't anything about them so I'm reluctant to share them. The good thing about the KWP2000 is that if a map isn't correct for the vehicle you can just flash the good file, however I don't know what would happen if the writing of the file was interupted for what ever reason. You could be left with a dead ecu, that's the risk you take.

In my view the best use of the KWP2000 is to load a standard 131 map and not risk the remapped files unless you take your car to a recognised tuning place who can edit the binary file you give to them.

I'm still hunting for a standard 131 ecu file for a manual... I went back to standard after using the file that got me 160hp. Speaking to a tuner (Matt from Reidy Remaps) who looked at the file he said that the they had simply increased the fuel pressures and opening times, nearly double in places so it was overfuelling wildy. He did say if it was done properly and the boost was increased he'd imagine 180hp would have been attainable after looking at the rolling road result for my badly tuned ecu file!

I'd be willing to test using the ZCS to upgrade it someday. Are you thinking that once you've changed the codes to enable the XPower map you can trick the T4 to rewrite the 131 map onto the ECU instead of the 116 map? This was my thinking but I might soon be doing an 80 mile a day commute so can't risk having the car of the road at the moment.
eddybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 06:39   #23
The_Monk
I really should get out more.......

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybrown View Post
I'd be willing to test using the ZCS to upgrade it someday. Are you thinking that once you've changed the codes to enable the XPower map you can trick the T4 to rewrite the 131 map onto the ECU instead of the 116 map? This was my thinking but I might soon be doing an 80 mile a day commute so can't risk having the car of the road at the moment.
Bit more to it than just changing ZCS codes. All the diesels are actually 135's but are software restricted to 116. When you have the xpart upgrade it unlocks the software with use of an unlock code and software CD, the ZCS codes are then re-written to account for the change.
The_Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 20:45   #24
markbloke
Avid contributor

None

I finally got it together to chance flashing my auto tourer using Eddy's map this weekend. It took a few minutes to backup the original (using "slow" speed or it wouldn't connect) and then about a minute to flash.
I made sure I had charged batteries on both car and laptop, had a cool engine and also switched off climate control and radio just to be sure.
All went OK, so all thanks to Eddy.
markbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 18:41   #25
Datadogie
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CONNOISSEUR SE CDTi AUTO

Thanks to Markbloke for the file as I have also flashed my ecu. Nerve racking to say the least. The KWP2000 would not work with the wifes laptop windows 7 64bit. Tried brothers widows 7 32bit still no go so as a last resort dragged out the desktop and monitor. XP 32bit and all went well. Read and saved file then switched off ignition, waited and waited for next instructions but nothing. switched on ignition again went to new file opened and up came the correct screen. Loaded file OK. Phew...

First impression on driving car was not great. Didn't seem to pull away much faster if any. But overtaking at higher speeds is much better.
Datadogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 18:42   #26
AkeRov75

Rover 75 2.0CDT

Hi. Does anyone have a standard 131 ECU file for a manual, with no cruise control?
AkeRov75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 08:28   #27
ellnic

Rover 75 Connie

I am also interested in a 131 file for a manual with no cruise control.

Anyone? :-)))
ellnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 12:34   #28
StyvyIE

Rover 75 Saloon

Hey,
Did anybody try synergy + remap what power did they get?

Regards,
StyvyIE
StyvyIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 10:20   #29
Shawn
Banned

Connoisseur SE MK2 diesel auto

Wow! Great info thanks!
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 11:24   #30
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Wow! Great info thanks!
Shawn, you still here?, I thought you were getting this done for £50 by Jay Leno

It may do you well to remember the OP of this thread is an ex G.E.C. avionics electronics technician, who also has T4, and he warns about the pitfalls of using the KWP to flash an ECM, and wouldn't do it for anyone else

And before you try this for yourself, the 160 upgrade is digitally signed with anti piracy coding, and cannot be copied in this way

It will save you the embarrassment of explaining to your friend why his car no longer starts

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote