Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th September 2015, 09:04   #21
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Bad enough that happening without the idiot hitting another AND driving off

Hope your cam footage has got the culprit and I'm sure you'll be able to repair the damage relatively easily, especially with the kind offers already recieved

I do feel sorry for you though

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 09:12   #22
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Unhappy

One word only. SCUMBAG not you Ian obviously
Old 19th September 2015, 10:58   #23
iandux
Loves to post

At last....75 Facelift Connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout20 View Post
Geeez....

Awful. Just can't imagine coming back to the car and finding that....

Very best of luck

John
Hi John,

I was sat in the car at the time!

• This vehicle was the 96,129th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 2,123rd 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
  • This vehicle was the 394th 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
iandux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2015, 11:01   #24
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandux View Post
Hi John,

I was sat in the car at the time!
you did not pursue and have a quite word in a gentlemanly manner?
Old 19th September 2015, 11:07   #25
iandux
Loves to post

You guys really are great people, having read your kind words and support, things don't seem quite as dark as they were yesterday.

Seen a very nice (!) police lady this morning who has promised to do everything she can to identify this idiot and get him off the road. Hopefully, two counts each of Failing to Stop, Dangerous Driving, Leaving the Scene, etc, should do the trick.

Also, the fact that the young lady involved noticed that it was on a private reg should help, I mean, there can't be that many light blue VW Polos running around the local (Preston) area with private plates, can there? Especially ones with traces of Firefrost down a damaged driver's side and probable scratches from the thorn hedge down the other.

If anyone could kindly suggest the potential costs for the repair, I'd be really grateful and have something with which to argue with the Insurance company if it comes down to it.

Thanks again to everyone.

• This vehicle was the 96,129th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
  • This vehicle was the 2,123rd 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
  • This vehicle was the 394th 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
Old 19th September 2015, 11:10   #26
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandux View Post
You guys really are great people, having read your kind words and support, things don't seem quite as dark as they were yesterday.

Seen a very nice (!) police lady this morning who has promised to do everything she can to identify this idiot and get him off the road. Hopefully, two counts each of Failing to Stop, Dangerous Driving, Leaving the Scene, etc, should do the trick.

Also, the fact that the young lady involved noticed that it was on a private reg should help, I mean, there can't be that many light blue VW Polos running around the local (Preston) area with private plates, can there? Especially ones with traces of Firefrost down a damaged driver's side and probable scratches from the thorn hedge down the other.

If anyone could kindly suggest the potential costs for the repair, I'd be really grateful and have something with which to argue with the Insurance company if it comes down to it.

Thanks again to everyone.

2 doors and a wing should be quite easy to source, the dent in the rear quarter is the tricky bit... the doors a trader could source for you when they break cars... the back part you could ask the opinion of one of the paintless dent removal companies then perhaps a spray job...
Old 19th September 2015, 11:22   #27
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

I'm so sorry to see your car looking like that. You must be absolutely livid. Three weeks back I had exactly the same damage done to my car.
The insurance company told me my car would be wrote off so I withdrew my claim and fixed it myself.
I bought a second hand door and wing on E bay in exactly the same colour for £60. The wife and I got the new wing fitted within an hour and a garage charged me £100 to fit the door and transfer the lock over. The car now looks as good as ever . I am now pursuing the other driver for the money. I hope you can get yours sorted as easily as me.
I would seriously consider getting it sorted yourself instead of letting it go through the insurers as they seem to write our cars off at the slightest excuse.
All the best to you
Johnny
Old 19th September 2015, 17:03   #28
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Hi Ian.
I don't know what route your going to sort your car out but there's quite a few red rover 75s being broken on Ebay at the moment. There maybe some on there of the right colour for you ( doors and wing ) If there's anything in my area you would like me to look at ,just let us know I'm sure other members up and down the country would do the same too
I hope this is of help to you.
johnny
Old 19th September 2015, 17:27   #29
iandux
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy-dials.com View Post
you did not pursue and have a quite word in a gentlemanly manner?
If it hadn't been such a narrow lane and a damsel in distress who needed help rather than watching us clearing off into the distance, it had crossed my mind!

But as it may be he lives locally, he'll have to come out again sometime.........

Old 19th September 2015, 17:47   #30
CimmaronG
Gets stuck in

Roverless at present :-(

I was gutted when some kind person left a small dent/crease in my front wing, but that, really feel for you, only hope that they find the 'person' responsible. Hope you get it sorted.
Left the production line 08:07:14hrs on 01/07/2004

'Best to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it'
CimmaronG is offline   Reply With Quote