Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd September 2023, 22:40   #21
2750 HP
Loves to post

ZT CDTI, 190+, 260, Triumph TR4, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes E220d cabriolet

Manufacturers will have to have 80% of their sales in electric vehicles in 2030 with all by 2035. Heard this on LBC radio this morning.
2750 HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:20   #22
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
The powers that be want us out of our cars, no meat or dairy products, three sets of clothes a year maximum and one flight every two years. I imagine there will be exceptions for certain members of certain house's. sounds like feudalism.
Agree with all the stupidness and nastiness employed against anyone no singing the same hymn.
Three sets of clothing. I'll be the Rake about Town on that allowance.
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:06   #23
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I read today that prices of some 2nd hand EV's have plummeted by around 25%. Many are apparently sitting on forecourts for months on end while massively dropping in value (?) and even selling at a loss.

Whatever the cause or sentiment this is a disaster for financial markets and would-be owners. Not only that but retailers, existing owners and manufacturers who stand to be stuck with hefty penalties if imposed production targets are not met.

However, possibly, there might just be an upside. Hang on to your ICE, especially if it is a quality vehicle. Now, where's my Waxoil?

Last edited by wraymond; 23rd September 2023 at 11:10..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2023, 12:41   #24
hamster19
Gets stuck in

tourer conn CDTI

The members of the govt. are interested in only one thing, keeping their jobs, simple as that
hamster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2023, 13:57   #25
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster19 View Post
The members of the govt. are interested in only one thing, keeping their jobs, simple as that

Applies to all parties I am afraid, career politicians.

After 2 Parliaments I would like to see them required to move to a different constituency.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2023, 13:32   #26
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
After 2 Parliaments I would like to see them required to move to a different constituency.
Not a bad idea. Or two terms only, gap, allowed further two terms?
Kev
Old 25th September 2023, 14:10   #27
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Not really worried about a gap, just that they must convince another local constituency, stops them getting complacent and pally wth the prominent locals!
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2023, 14:24   #28
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I read today that prices of some 2nd hand EV's have plummeted by around 25%. Many are apparently sitting on forecourts for months on end while massively dropping in value (?) and even selling at a loss.

Whatever the cause or sentiment this is a disaster for financial markets and would-be owners. Not only that but retailers, existing owners and manufacturers who stand to be stuck with hefty penalties if imposed production targets are not met.

However, possibly, there might just be an upside. Hang on to your ICE, especially if it is a quality vehicle. Now, where's my Waxoil?

The EV second hand market has been in turmoil since Tesla started the price cutting war in Europe & China, All the EV manufacturers are now doing it, Buyers market for sure.
Audio are discounting their flagship e-tron model by €9000 in China & if you're a Audi JV employee over in China you can get one for 50% off . They just aren't selling because as in the case of the Jaguar i-pace they have terrible range terrible charging speed & even more terrible software. Even though the Jaguar i-pace won the car of the year award when it debuted It already had old tech in range,software & charging speed.

The end of certain subsidies in certain countries & the cost of living crisis has also taken it's toll.

VW are laying off thousands of car workers & stopping lines at their huge re-tooled EV Zwickau plant & have stated to import their id3 id4 models from China to sell across Europe/Uk.

They can produce those id3, id4 series BEV's for €16000-€20000 over there in China, Over in Europe they cost €37000.

They just cant compete with the Chinese.

Europe, Germany,UK & the Netherlands are breaking records on EV sales in 2023

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2023, 14:04   #29
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
They can produce those id3, id4 series BEV's for €16000-€20000 over there in China, Over in Europe they cost €37000.

They just cant compete with the Chinese.
No one can on price but on security and political grounds countries may keep some production local. Would be good if they further broke down the sales figures into the number imported.

But that is the normal price cycle. We had good prices for goods due to us starting the Industrial Revolution which made bulk production of items a lot cheaper. Then wages rose so we had others take the mantle due in some part to lower wages and thus production costs. Even famous Japanese electrical goods first went to S. Korea and then further down the chain.
Quote:
Europe, Germany, UK & the Netherlands are breaking records on EV sales in 2023
A cheaper item will always gain sales unless it is obsolete.
Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 27th September 2023 at 14:07.. Reason: missing text and layout
Old 9th May 2024, 09:22   #30
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
The challenges are already being sought through the high court by Clientearth,Greenpeace, Good Law project & friends of the earth. Saying as the UK Gov is a fully paid up member to Netzero it will be interesting to see what happens.

The re-date to push the timeline back to 2035 is pretty academic really when the ZEV mandate will still come into force next year whereas 22% of all car manufacturers new vehicles & 10% of all new vans will have to be electric, This will then rise incrementally each year to 80% for cars and 70% for vans in 2030, and 100% for both by 2035.
"If a company misses the target, it will be made to pay the Government £15,000 for every vehicle that doesn't comply."
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/man...-for-carmakers

So it begins! Ford warns of price rises to their petrol & diesel cars to hit their ZEV mandate, They don't sell many EV's in Blighty so hitting their 22% of cars sold need to be electric to hit their ZEV target is going to be impossible to say the least.
Vauxhall, Peugeot and Citroen, also warned it could restrict sales of cars in the UK in response to the ZEV mandate.
https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/for...hit-zev-target

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 9th May 2024 at 09:25..
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote