Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th November 2008, 23:15   #21
podge
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Don't go there Keith! I thought I had!..still I suppose it was a nice drive up there in the snow!!..I am having a very interesting time with the Great White One at the moment,fuel tank out and I think I have found the problem...quick release connectors,even the ones on aircraft have the same problem.A nice interesting car coming into the household this weekend...my lad is getting himself a Beemer..an M3 no less! Of course I will have to test drive it.The 75 is going very well, I was suprised to see that wheel bearing fail but on the upside a very easy fix.I am convinced it is possible to sort this CSC problem once and for all and have a master cylinder with the resevoir in a sensible place.A matter of matching components.Right enough from me ....just in from work.P.

B.M.Ws loss........OUR GAIN!!!!!!!!
http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/...arp.300pix.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/3...b847e1c5_m.jpg
podge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 07:33   #22
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

On a side note, if you diagnose the incorrect rear bearing they are not handed, so it isnt the end of the world to switch them over. Our ZTT has had a rear one a couple of weeks back for a slight drone that was fast becoming an annoyance
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 11:59   #23
alan lloyd

rover 75 touring cdi

Default Rover 75 cdi tourer Smoke from engine compartment

Thanks for all the help on the wheel bearing, all sorted now.

When we arrived at the ferry terminal clouds of smoke appeared from under the bonnet, temperature OK, car restarted after ferry crossing and the smoke did not re-appear.

5 days later we had no battery power at all not enough to light the dashboard or open the tailgate. Our local garage (French) fitted a new battery which died overnight. They have isolated the problem so that the car works properly, glow plugs heating has been mentioned, but have not had time to locate the cause.

No more smoke

Any thoughts?
alan lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2008, 14:57   #24
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Hi Alan, was it a wheel bearing then?

There is another thread on here at the moment where we think the relay to the glowplugs is kerputt and draining the battery in around 4 hours. Seemingly it lives below the ECU? worth cheching your plenums.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote