Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th December 2014, 14:46   #2371
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Well for those that are interested, my work so far!

Sorry, forgot to take some "before" pictures!

But trust me, they were filthy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ed's New Seats 001.jpg (124.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Ed's New Seats 002.jpg (134.2 KB, 33 views)
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 14:54   #2372
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
Fraser, are those Sandstone leather seats in an otherwise Ash Grey interior? If so, I have to say, they look pretty damme good.. I wonder if a Sandstone leather arm-rest would help or detract? Worth trying I'd say.

I didn't think that the Sandstone would sit so comfortably in an Ash Grey interior - or are they the super rare Ivory coloured ones?

What is the wee upgrade? It's got to be either the walnut wheel, gear knob or OEM handbrake sleeve..? Or highline system? Or real walnut dash? All of which are nice
it's the handbrake sleeve I had to ask yesterday
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 14:58   #2373
GrandTourer
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdti auto

Default Yesterday

Well yesterday I carried out that job which probably gives greatest bang for buck - huge improvement and no cost...............

I cleaned the inside of the windscreen!! I've had the car a few weeks and hadn't realised how bad it was till the weather got so cold and dank, it was so gunked up that any condensation clouded the whole screen.

So a bowl of warm soapy water, a couple of cloths, some Windolene and a lot of elbow grease did the job.

A drive out today and it's still a bit smeary in the sunlight so needs another go with Windolene and a clean cloth but now at least I can see where I'm going.
GrandTourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 15:08   #2374
GrandTourer
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdti auto

Default Today

And today I got some winter tyres fitted. I didn't want (couldn't afford) to outlay £400+ on temporary tyres so I found a dealer in Hertford who fitted me with 4 x part-worn Continental Winter Contact 205/55/16, all with at least 5mm of treat (I checked them) for total price of £140.

They would have delivered but the hour drive to Hertford on a lovely sunny winter morning was good and saved me the £15 delivery fee plus maybe £40 fitting. And the drive back showed that the previous set were rubbish, the Continentals feel so much more planted on the road. I needed some new tyres anyway so come the spring I'll buy a set of alloys and get some quality rubber fitted.

Then I got it cleaned to so it's all good.

So bring it on......"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow".

P.S. if anyone's interested, it's a small company, appears just to be a couple of asian guys, very friendly and good service. They're called Gata tyres on Mimram Rd, Hertford.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by GrandTourer; 30th December 2014 at 15:13..
GrandTourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 15:09   #2375
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Well yesterday I carried out that job which probably gives greatest bang for buck - huge improvement and no cost...............

I cleaned the inside of the windscreen!! I've had the car a few weeks and hadn't realised how bad it was till the weather got so cold and dank, it was so gunked up that any condensation clouded the whole screen.

So a bowl of warm soapy water, a couple of cloths, some Windolene and a lot of elbow grease did the job.

A drive out today and it's still a bit smeary in the sunlight so needs another go with Windolene and a clean cloth but now at least I can see where I'm going.
Use warm water and dry with old news paper and you'll have no more smears
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 19:31   #2376
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Fraser, are those Sandstone leather seats in an otherwise Ash Grey interior? If so, I have to say, they look pretty damme good.. I wonder if a Sandstone leather arm-rest would help or detract? Worth trying I'd say.

I didn't think that the Sandstone would sit so comfortably in an Ash Grey interior - or are they the super rare Ivory coloured ones?

What is the wee upgrade? It's got to be either the walnut wheel, gear knob or OEM handbrake sleeve..? Or highline system? Or real walnut dash? All of which are nice
Yes indeed, Karl! I really wanted Ash Grey manual leather, but, this perfect set of Sandstone ones came up, complete with the entire interior of a very early 1999 Cowley car which I found in the scrapyard with 40k miles. I have most things to change the whole interior to Sandstone, but I think it's a bit different, with dark carpets. I'm hoping to eventually find a Neptune Blue personal line interior, for the carpets, door cards, etc, and then have that, but with the Sandstone seats. In the meantime, I think I'll keep it as it is.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 20:40   #2377
octopush
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

today I put a new Pcv filter in and the renalt 5 thermostat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3011022017...MEBIDX%3AITand

what a differance it has made to my zt.

tomorrow I will be putting a new battery in.

My 2004 MG ZT T 2.0 CDTi 135+ Auto

http://octopush.awardspace.com/index.htm

www.gbuwh.co.uk/
octopush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 20:49   #2378
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Well for those that are interested, my work so far!

Sorry, forgot to take some "before" pictures!

But trust me, they were filthy!
It's pretty hard to get a good set of leather seats nowadays (with all being 10yrs old or more), but those look tidy.

Will be very interested in the photos of the bolster repair - How good it turns out and how much it costs or any problems etc. Not required on mine yet, but as with everything, it's only a matter of time..

Cheers.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 20:53   #2379
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Will be very interested in the photos of the bolster repair - How good it turns out and how much it costs or any problems etc.
Don't worry, I will post a pic of the repaired seat before I clean it!

I've been quoted a price of £80 to replace the worn bolster and re-foam it, so can't wait to see the end results!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 21:27   #2380
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazzleTC View Post
Yes indeed, Karl! I really wanted Ash Grey manual leather, but, this perfect set of Sandstone ones came up, complete with the entire interior of a very early 1999 Cowley car which I found in the scrapyard with 40k miles. I have most things to change the whole interior to Sandstone, but I think it's a bit different, with dark carpets. I'm hoping to eventually find a Neptune Blue personal line interior, for the carpets, door cards, etc, and then have that, but with the Sandstone seats. In the meantime, I think I'll keep it as it is.
That sounds like an interesting combo - Neptune green would probably work nice as well, but I'm just surprised that the Sandstone seats sit as comfortable as they do in the Ash Grey - I didn't actually notice the first time I looked.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote