Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th June 2013, 17:08   #211
jackrussell

MG Zt

ZT going to Naas gearbox center on Monday @ 9oc collecting it on Tuesday.I got in touch With Ryans in Blanch but they were looking for mad money,hope it stays fine for them.Thanks Kildarerover.
clutch,flywheel,slave cylinder,gearbox oil change.
Fingers crossed all be well.
Chat ya Colin,Bangor was a bit to far to travel for me.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2013, 21:37   #212
bongi69
Gets stuck in

75 Connoissuer 2.0 CDT AKA Josie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
ZT going to Naas gearbox center on Monday @ 9oc collecting it on Tuesday.I got in touch With Ryans in Blanch but they were looking for mad money,hope it stays fine for them.Thanks Kildarerover.
clutch,flywheel,slave cylinder,gearbox oil change.
Fingers crossed all be well.
Chat ya Colin,Bangor was a bit to far to travel for me.
Can you keep us posted how this goes please & you're not the first to comment on Ryan's prices. Did they say if they still had a T4 when you rang them?

Recent stats from my euro road trip: 1605 miles driven through 5 different countries, 160.7 litres of diesel used giving an MPG of 47.1. Total diesel cost €222, €0.13 per mile
bongi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 21:53   #213
rodi_
Regular poster

MG ZT

Looks like is more and more Mg's and Rover users down South. Maybe we should organize some local meet, somewhere half way between Cork and Limerick. What You think guys?
rodi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2013, 22:02   #214
Meath77
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTI Connoisseur

2 "gangs", the MG's and the Rovers. It'll be like the mods and the rockers at brighton beach
Meath77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2013, 18:50   #215
jackrussell

MG Zt

Wink

Got me car back today after its hospitalization and seems to be running really smooth, but any thing would as it was wagon to get around in.The clutch its self id say is lighter and i thought the gears did fell smother with the oil change.Six months or 30,000kms.Any problems and i will let you know about them.fingers crossed.
Ryans never mentioned t4 because i never asked
Old 14th June 2013, 17:57   #216
bongi69
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrussell View Post
Got me car back today after its hospitalization and seems to be running really smooth, but any thing would as it was wagon to get around in.The clutch its self id say is lighter and i thought the gears did fell smother with the oil change.Six months or 30,000kms.Any problems and i will let you know about them.fingers crossed.
Ryans never mentioned t4 because i never asked
Sound
Just have to know where to go if my clutch ever packs in

Recent stats from my euro road trip: 1605 miles driven through 5 different countries, 160.7 litres of diesel used giving an MPG of 47.1. Total diesel cost €222, €0.13 per mile
Old 18th June 2013, 12:32   #217
Galaxie390
Regular poster

2002 Conn SE Tourer CDT auto

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd register and say 'hi', I'm currently a V70 owner but with a really bad urge to get a 75. I think the shape is just magic, particularly the tourers.

For me it would have to be a diesel automatic connoisseur tourer, as I spend hours a day commuting in & out of Dublin and I need my comfort in my old age ; )

Do you guys meet up from time to time? I'd love to come along for a chat, as I do have some concerns about getting into Rovers. I do most of my own diy car jobs, and sort of enjoy auto electrics when I have time.

Plus, as I've been 'lurking' for a while thought I'd jump in and start getting genuine opinions about these cars. Are they as comfy as they made out to be?

Like the Volvos, the Rovers seem to have a really good internet community going.

All the best,

Rich
(in Naas)

Last edited by Galaxie390; 18th June 2013 at 12:34..
Galaxie390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 20:12   #218
bongi69
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxie390 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd register and say 'hi', I'm currently a V70 owner but with a really bad urge to get a 75. I think the shape is just magic, particularly the tourers.

For me it would have to be a diesel automatic connoisseur tourer, as I spend hours a day commuting in & out of Dublin and I need my comfort in my old age ; )

Do you guys meet up from time to time? I'd love to come along for a chat, as I do have some concerns about getting into Rovers. I do most of my own diy car jobs, and sort of enjoy auto electrics when I have time.

Plus, as I've been 'lurking' for a while thought I'd jump in and start getting genuine opinions about these cars. Are they as comfy as they made out to be?

Like the Volvos, the Rovers seem to have a really good internet community going.

All the best,

Rich
(in Naas)
Hi Rich,

I live in Tallaght about 5 mins from Newlands Cross so at any point if you need a hand or want to see a 75 up close please give me a PM. Mines a diesel connie saloon albeit a manual.

If you do decide to take the plunge you would have to extend your search to include NI as I did to get the car you want. You wont spend any extra over buying in the republic, as my VRT was only €480 and I would have no issue helping you out if you find it daunting. Have a read of Colin's buyers guide in the sticky section of the main forum.

Regards,

Felix

Old 19th June 2013, 21:51   #219
jackrussell

MG Zt

Im about as far as waif you want to look at a zt.
Old 20th June 2013, 11:35   #220
Galaxie390
Regular poster

2002 Conn SE Tourer CDT auto

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Felix, I might just take you up on the offer of a closer look. I'll send you a pm.

Jackrussell, whereabouts in Offaly are you, as I;m occasionally tha tdirection and would be interested be have a look over your ZT.

Don't know if you saw it, but there was a really nice black ZT diesel auto on done deal a fews days ago in Offaly, Wondering if you know the car?

Cheers,
Rich
Galaxie390 is offline   Reply With Quote