Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd July 2011, 19:31   #11
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I seem to recall the 75 was intended to compete with the Audi A3 and be similar to the BMW 3 series. (not the 5).. And I think it does that well...

When I was looking for a car I saw a 525 D auto for the same money as my 75. But the BMW was a 1994 and pretty grotty inside!! do'hhh....

I am far from blind to our cars faults, and have said that I would NOT recommend one to a friend... Unless he was a good mechanic of course. I actually found a nice 1600 Honda Civic Exec auto for my sister.
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:38   #12
MASTIFF2
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT TOURERS X2 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Nooo, I paid that coz the lady owner would only sell to some fool who agreed to keep the cars name of... erm... Brenda......

And --- The car was over 200 miles away, down in darkest Devon!

So Rover closed, but we can still get spares? we can still maintain our cars in good condition. So what's the problem??

Given time, I think the 75 diesels will follow my ZX, and go up in value...
And let's face it James . you love Brenda don't you innit

MASTIFF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 20:24   #13
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
I saw a dark Blue "W" reg 75 diesel on a forecourt in Wales for sale at £3,500.. And to be honest, it looked well worth the money.

I think half the reason our cars are so cheap, is because we, the owners, value them that way.. .. We really are our own worst enemy..

I gave £1,850 for my car.. But I would want at least £2,950 for it if I were to sell it today..

We should be comparing our cars with the BMW's for value. And we really should stop putting such a low value on what is, a very luxurious and desirable vehicle... So there! .. *stamps foot* and minces orf in a huff... ..
Minces eh ???

Last edited by FLYER; 2nd July 2011 at 20:28..
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 21:06   #14
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
I seem to recall the 75 was intended to compete with the Audi A3 and be similar to the BMW 3 series. (not the 5).. And I think it does that well...

When I was looking for a car I saw a 525 D auto for the same money as my 75. But the BMW was a 1994 and pretty grotty inside!! do'hhh....

I am far from blind to our cars faults, and have said that I would NOT recommend one to a friend... Unless he was a good mechanic of course. I actually found a nice 1600 Honda Civic Exec auto for my sister.
Audi A3,
3 series. No thank-you. Audi equals sore bum- harsh ride 3 series equals no traction in snow.... Also look old now don't they! I love my Leopard Mobil innit

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 21:13   #15
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTomez View Post
I make an exception for some things and that is one of them lol
I'm a BMW salesman with a zt as well as a company car and can honestly say they don't compare but they don't try to. Drive a 320d. Quicker, better brakes, tighter steering chassis and suspension but more to buy. The fact is a lot of 75s and zts are cheap because you end up spending a shed load of money to get them right and you were probably cheaper to buy a "more reliable" car to behind with... But then that's part of the fun isn't it?
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2011, 04:02   #16
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

No matter what we value our cars at, at the end of the day they are worth whatever people are prepared to pay for them.

I gave cheap money for mine and got alot of car for it, i have spent alot of time and effort on it and if someone came up with 2k i would snatch their hands off, i do think my car is worth that but like i say, its only worth what people are willing to pay
Old 4th July 2011, 07:26   #17
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanT View Post
For fit, finish, durability and component quality I honestly don't think you can seriously say that the Rover 75 is in the same class as say a BMW 5 series. Another reason for the difference in price between the two.

I drive a 75 because I like its styling and because they are cheap to buy - but unlike some I am not blind to it's faults and inadequacies.
5 series, id say no, the e39 when it was out id say yes, but e60 onwards no but the 99 to 01 e46s also whernt that well built in my experiences.

I would say mk3 mondeo is of as good standard general finish when it was launched.

I do beleive the 75 pushed the mid range saloon/hatch quality up a notch at the time but when you get into a mk4 mondeo or e90 bmw the finish as new is beyond what we imagined 15 years ago.

I would say the 75 was a better built car than any early 90's merc, especially from the C43 (drool) onwards when they where not hand built.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 09:26   #18
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard680 View Post
Audi A3,
3 series. No thank-you. Audi equals sore bum- harsh ride 3 series equals no traction in snow.... Also look old now don't they! I love my Leopard Mobil innit
Not all of them!

Re Rover prices I think they are about right for a 10 year old car, I paid £1,700 for W reg Audi A4 with low miles (80k) in very good condition I paid this amount 2.5 years ago

Okay it is smaller than a 75 being the older shape but still a quality car that doesnt show its age and it is quiet, smooth, very good over the bumps and has the best aircon I have ever had in a car!

The car has just had oil changes and a couple of tyres in this time.
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 20:20   #19
bradley
Loves to post

rover75

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Courier View Post
Not all of them!

Re Rover prices I think they are about right for a 10 year old car, I paid £1,700 for W reg Audi A4 with low miles (80k) in very good condition I paid this amount 2.5 years ago

Okay it is smaller than a 75 being the older shape but still a quality car that doesnt show its age and it is quiet, smooth, very good over the bumps and has the best aircon I have ever had in a car!

The car has just had oil changes and a couple of tyres in this time.
i saw a [w] merc elegance yesterday could not believe the rust on it as it was the same year as mine
bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2011, 21:46   #20
mark d3
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon,cdt 170 bhp(ish)

well i have owned 2 bmw e34 they are NOT as good as a 75 or zt so there i dont care what your opinion is i have tried both prefer the 75

one event everyone should experience http://www.wolverhamptonnanomeets.com/
mark d3 is offline   Reply With Quote