Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th May 2011, 17:36   #11
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by payner75t View Post
have you actually sat in /driven an mg6??
don't believe what you read the quality is as good as a 75. to me, even after owning a 75 i feel the plastics and build quality of the 75 is ok at best , my citroen is just as good if not better.
the test is , would i replace my 75 with an mg6 , no, but thats because it's bigger than what i would want next.
it probably is as good as the 75- but thte 75 has been round for 13 years now and other car makers have got a lot lot lot better! The thing is they didn't start this car from scratch... it's based upon a car thats been in production for about 5 years. I think it was a mistake to use the n series engine, but they must have plenty of stock of it and want to use it. remember it is a launch car- but lets face it- worse co2 and fuel consumption out than 3 litre petrol straight 6 bmw 3 series!
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2011, 23:58   #12
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieranswood View Post
it probably is as good as the 75- but thte 75 has been round for 13 years now and other car makers have got a lot lot lot better! The thing is they didn't start this car from scratch... it's based upon a car thats been in production for about 5 years. I think it was a mistake to use the n series engine, but they must have plenty of stock of it and want to use it. remember it is a launch car- but lets face it- worse co2 and fuel consumption out than 3 litre petrol straight 6 bmw 3 series!
Thats the thing, dont to a T.

Its a fair review, and I think sums up the mg6. A good start, and a car that will bought with the heart, not the head. Which sadly is NOT what the average buyer wants.

Had they launched with a 1.8 diesel eco base engine even ffs they would have been sorted.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 08:11   #13
e668ecp
I really should get out more.......

Range Rover Evoque and ZT V8 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by payner75t View Post
have you actually sat in /driven an mg6??
don't believe what you read the quality is as good as a 75. to me, even after owning a 75 i feel the plastics and build quality of the 75 is ok at best , my citroen is just as good if not better.
the test is , would i replace my 75 with an mg6 , no, but thats because it's bigger than what i would want next.
Yes I have and the switch gear is rubbish. The switchgear in the BMW engineered Rover 75 is light years ahead of the MG 6 and much better than my neighbours Citroen C6 and C5!
e668ecp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 08:12   #14
e668ecp

Quote:
The Roewe 550 started production IIRC in late 2008. It is based on RDX60 with some Rover 75 underpinnings. Yes the N-series was a big mistake
Old 14th May 2011, 09:15   #15
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Many of the reviews on the Autocar page don't seem bad though!
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 10:00   #16
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Personally I think they are being un-fairly biased because it has the MG Badge.

I bet you if it was a Kia, Fiat or a Hyundai, or something like that I bet it wouldn't have been so scathing......

Motoring journalists will always diss MG/Rover - it's fashionable to do so!

Actually they should have just ditched the MG badge and called it something else... It would have done better!
Old 14th May 2011, 13:36   #17
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Personally I think they are being un-fairly biased because it has the MG Badge.

I bet you if it was a Kia, Fiat or a Hyundai, or something like that I bet it wouldn't have been so scathing......

Motoring journalists will always diss MG/Rover - it's fashionable to do so!

Actually they should have just ditched the MG badge and called it something else... It would have done better!
Absoulutely right - I have read Autocar for years and it has been cool towards British products for years. Nail a German badge on anything and they think it is great. Autoexpress tends to be similar, there is hardly a week that goes by without them testing or retesting a BMW. However, to be fair, they were quite positive regarding the MG6. Perhaps the N series is not the most high tech motor in the world, but they do have modern engines on the way. However waiting another couple of years to launch the new MGs in Europe would have let the name fade further from the man in the street's memory.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 17:23   #18
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

I wonder if the n series still has a lumpy tick over like the k?
Departed 32016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 17:32   #19
e668ecp

Quote:
I wonder if the n series still has a lumpy tick over like the k?
Same engine just euro 5
Old 24th May 2011, 19:35   #20
geofftl1000r
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon in Moonstone Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by e668ecp View Post
http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/...CI-TSE/256964/

Spot on from Autocar... what were SAIC thinking of when they put in the gruff K-series (oops sorry N-series or is that a TCI-Tech) haha. The interior is cheap and tacky and the switchgear dire. They should have looked at the Rover 75/MG ZT to see how to do classly quality interiors. The Skoda Octavia beats this car hands down which I never thought I'd be saying.

The MG6 is well below par and will not sell very well. The depreciation will be horrific. They have well and truly ****** up
I don't think an MG should have a boring electric motor of an engine. Since I have never driven one I will hold my view until I do. One man's 'gruff' is another mans 'character'.....

"I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left"
geofftl1000r is offline   Reply With Quote