Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th October 2016, 16:34   #11
BarryH
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisman View Post
You MUST use a clamp to hold the stat in place!

Shortly after getting my diesel, I decided to do something about the cold running & bought a Renault stat kit. (This was despite there bing a bill from a year or so before for 'fitting a new stat').

When I went to fit it, I found another stat already in the top hose, but it was sideways on & halfway down the pipe.

The previous owner's garage had fitted one by just pushing into the engine end of the hose. It didn't stay put for long...

(I'd guess that the pressure within the system when hot is enough to balloon-out the top hose so that the stat can move freely! That's my theory anyway...).
I have never fitted a jubilee clip. Would suggest that the stat was wrong ie undersize and not one recommended by the club
BarryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 16:59   #12
Davemate
Regular poster

Rover 75 tourer

I used I plastic waste pipe that was a dead fit on the outer lip of the stat and was quite a snug fit in the hose to get the stat inserted into the hose. I had to use a block of wood to whack the pipe to push the stat in enough, if it ever needs removing then I think I'll just fit a new hose as I can't see it coming out without having a major row with it
Davemate is offline   Reply With Quote