Notices

Old 17th July 2008, 15:55   #11
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by brum29 View Post
Hi Derek,

thank you for your kind words. I think humour is my only way of coping at the moment and once I've adjusted to the shock I'll be carrying on dad's tradition of posting jokes. I share the same sense of humour as dad and we liked the same programmes (QI, Have I Got News For You, etc.).

I hope I make everyone smile with the avatar I've put up of dad. It was my best holiday with dad and we laughed so much in the Disney store at Magic Kingdom when he put the goofy hat on!

Anyway, I have to go out and about now but I'll be back this evening at some point.
Have a great day.
Debbsx
Hi Debbs,

Love the picture of your dad, you sure he wore that hat just the once as i had a picture of him wearing a jesters hat all the time
Looking forward to seeing some of your jokes, also i think your idea of releasing some balloons at the next Yorkshire get together is a great idea, if you get a load of balloons get that bloke stocktake to hold on to them
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 16:19   #12
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Hi Debbie, just in from work and saw your post.

If you can attend the next Midlands Meet at Chasewater it would not only be great to meet you and possibly your mom again, but would be a fitting tribute to release balloons in Brum's honour.

I intended to dedicate the meet to him anyway and cant think of a better way, and we have some 12/13 members attending which is a good turnout.

I am still collecting for flowers and will be attending the funeral next week,

take care and look after your mom,

Rgds

Rob.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 18:18   #13
Simon
Banned

-

And from me I'd like to add (as has been said) you're more than welcome at the midlands meet. It's nice to read how much your Dad enjoyed reading and participating in the forums.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 18:26   #14
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Hi Debbie,

Many thanks for your message,we realise it must be very difficult for you and your mom just to let you know we are thinking of you both from up in the wilds of Cumbria.

My wife and I are both members of this club,and we did not meet your Dad personally,but like alot of other members through the forum felt as though we had met.

Please accept our deepest sympathy.

God Bless.

John & Jan.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:32   #15
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Hi Debs!

Glad you made the plunge & posted on the forum like you have! You know your always welcome here! So is your Mum too!
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 18:53   #16
podge
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Tourer CDT CLUB SE Copper Red Mica Dec 01 ....now deceased....replaced by2003 Royal Blue T

Hi Debbie,
your Dad was a ray of sunshine on here and its really good to see you keeping up that tradition at such a sad time for you all.I have been their too , when my Dad died sudenly.The balloons are a super idea and though I sadly never met him like many on here, we felt we knew he would allways be along with one of those jokes. All our sympathies to you all Pete and Pat.

B.M.Ws loss........OUR GAIN!!!!!!!!
http://knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/...arp.300pix.jpghttp://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/3...b847e1c5_m.jpg
podge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 13:45   #17
brum29
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer 2L CDT Club SE 2002

Default i'm beginning to get it now...

Thank you all soooooo soooooo much for your replies. I am finally starting to get why dad spent all the hours he could on here. It's lovely of everyone of you to write back.

Anna, got to say I heard all about the blonde jokes and how he'd stick up for you! It's great to meet you at last, girl power!!!

But lads/gents, it's nice to meet you all too.

The vicar came round to see us today to finalise what the service will entail and mom was complaining to him how some nights she'd have to keep nagging dad to go and cook the dinner (he was a house husband lol), and he'd be like, yes in a minute, just let me finish this sentence.

I will definitely, definitely, be at the meet next Saturday, and mom said she will be to along with James. I think to be fair, it is part of the healing process for everyone, but especially mom and James as they were at Rotherham. I'm looking forward to the day.

Ohhhh and I have to confess, Trebor made me cry today, and mom. He didn't mean to, he was explaing about everyone's generosity and that was it! Once I was off the phone we had a good cry.

Well, I'm off to go and sort out some flowers for dad. And I probably won't get on here till tomorrow as mom is insisting I do my normal routine things, so I'm being forced to go out with my best friend Helen later. I'm sure I'll find it a great hardship

Catch you all later.

Debbsxx

p.s. Thanks for the changes Mick, I don't mind at all :lol:oh mighty one!
brum29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 14:08   #18
tigerchubs
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT+ in Yorkshire Gold

Quote:
Thank you all soooooo soooooo much for your replies. I am finally starting to get why dad spent all the hours he could on here. It's lovely of everyone of you to write back.

Anna, got to say I heard all about the blonde jokes and how he'd stick up for you! It's great to meet you at last, girl power!!!

But lads/gents, it's nice to meet you all too.

The vicar came round to see us today to finalise what the service will entail and mom was complaining to him how some nights she'd have to keep nagging dad to go and cook the dinner (he was a house husband lol), and he'd be like, yes in a minute, just let me finish this sentence.

I will definitely, definitely, be at the meet next Saturday, and mom said she will be to along with James. I think to be fair, it is part of the healing process for everyone, but especially mom and James as they were at Rotherham. I'm looking forward to the day.

Ohhhh and I have to confess, Trebor made me cry today, and mom. He didn't mean to, he was explaing about everyone's generosity and that was it! Once I was off the phone we had a good cry.

Well, I'm off to go and sort out some flowers for dad. And I probably won't get on here till tomorrow as mom is insisting I do my normal routine things, so I'm being forced to go out with my best friend Helen later. I'm sure I'll find it a great hardship

Catch you all later.

Debbsxx

p.s. Thanks for the changes Mick, I don't mind at all :lol:oh mighty one!
You go and get bladdered girl you deserve it
Old 19th July 2008, 09:51   #19
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:

Yes he was my def my knight in shining armour when the rest of this lot were having a great laugh at my expense! In all honesty, they're a great bunch and although your dad was only here a short time, he made it better and he will be missed. But that (although only a small thing, you knew him far better than us) is his legacy and I know it will be bring you comfort. I'm so gutted he didn't get to drive his car with the new steering wheel but he would have been so happy to see it fitted.

Sorry I won't make the funeral, it's a bit far with having a wee one but I'll be thinking of you all. Anna xxxx
Old 20th July 2008, 15:56   #20
MrBitsy
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Thanks for your kind words Debbie - I have passed on your comments to my wife Chrys. I am trying to get the day off from work on the 26th to visit the Midlands meet, so we hope to meet you there.

We both think releasing balloons for your dad is a lovely idea

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MrBitsy is offline   Reply With Quote