Notices

Old 23rd February 2016, 16:39   #11
martinwest
Regular poster

MG ZT +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
did it run with the old carb?

Just asking because the needles might be at a different height. Try raising it by one notch and see if it makes a difference.
No I tried moving the needle in the old carb and it stayed the same or got worse
Old 23rd February 2016, 18:16   #12
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Joking about bonfires aside, check the main jet is the same size as the one in the old carb. If not swap them, often a 2 stroke will bog down if over fuelled. Have you tried riding it, does it pick up as the trottle is rolled off from fully open.

Used to tune Kawasaki 400 triples for proddy racing, I know how fickle they can be.
Old 23rd February 2016, 18:42   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwest View Post
def not a collapse or air leak I have checked the intake and re-sealed gaskets etc the choke is a different matter its auto choke but again I have checked that.
I wish I could afford a old 1970's jap bike for him at least I could fix it with my eyes closed
Does it matter warm or cold? I had an issue with an auto choke on a Toyota, when it was warm. It seemed to stay on permanently. Loss of power when warm, struggling to accelerate. Unplugging it helped until I put another carb onto it. It was easier to replace the carb than the choke mechanism lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 14:36   #14
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

given that it worked properly the one time the tacho worked.... disconnect the (probably faulty) tacho completely. any feed from the coil for the tacho disconnect at the coil to ensure you rule out the wiring loom. The wiring on these things is really poor quality.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 24th February 2016 at 14:40..
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 15:30   #15
martinwest
Regular poster

MG ZT +

Mr Bone
don't know what size the jets are they are not marked and no I haven't ridden it due to no MOT and yes back off on the throttle and it is back to normal. I took the air filter off and as soon as you give it full throttle it spits fuel back out of the carb so it is starving itself

Avulon
I have tried it today but can only disconnect at the rev counter at the unit I have run a separate wire from the CDI to the coil no difference
but spark improved now both cap and plug had resistors so I changed the cap

clf
I have checked the choke with a temp probe and off the carb and it is working properly

Other stuff tried today
Checked float level no faults
checked exhaust box and cant see any excess carbon did attempt running it with it off but it was too loud for the village

So my conclusion today is it will run up until the point the carb starts spitting fuel back at me and held on full throttle it will stall and at that point I checked the carb there is still fuel in the carb it seems like back pressure almost instantly on full throttle

Again Thanks to every one for the suggestions

Martin
Old 24th February 2016, 18:34   #16
timtheenchanteruk
Regular poster

MG ZT

try on here.
http://chinesescoots.forumwise.com/

TBH sounds like not enough fuel at full throttle, try partially covering the air intake and full throttle it, to restrict the airflow, and see if it still dies.

2 strokes are picky about the mix, how many miles has it done?

Check the carb is sealed properly.
The filter should be oiled, not just left dry, I use a bit of 2 stroke oil on em.
If its high miles, it could be worn piston rings, on a 2 stroke this can allow it to suck excess air up from the crankcase, weakening the mix and causing your symptoms.
Overfuelling, it wouldnt pick up that quickly when you let off the throttle, itd cough and splutter whislt it evened out the mix.
timtheenchanteruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 18:44   #17
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinwest View Post
Mr Bone
don't know what size the jets are they are not marked and no I haven't ridden it due to no MOT and yes back off on the throttle and it is back to normal. I took the air filter off and as soon as you give it full throttle it spits fuel back out of the carb so it is starving itself

Avulon
I have tried it today but can only disconnect at the rev counter at the unit I have run a separate wire from the CDI to the coil no difference
but spark improved now both cap and plug had resistors so I changed the cap

clf
I have checked the choke with a temp probe and off the carb and it is working properly

Other stuff tried today
Checked float level no faults
checked exhaust box and cant see any excess carbon did attempt running it with it off but it was too loud for the village

So my conclusion today is it will run up until the point the carb starts spitting fuel back at me and held on full throttle it will stall and at that point I checked the carb there is still fuel in the carb it seems like back pressure almost instantly on full throttle

Again Thanks to every one for the suggestions

Martin
Unusual for jets not to marked, but spitting back is an indication of over fuelling. Try the jets from the old carb. Dont clean them out with a wire/needle, use vinegar for a few hours.
I'd wager your main jet in the new carb is too big.
Old 24th February 2016, 18:44   #18
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Ignition timing.------------------

Spitting back because it's Firing too late. The burning fuel in the crankcase with give spitting back as it's not had time to combust properly before the next charge arrives.---

Last edited by COLVERT; 24th February 2016 at 18:47..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2016, 19:19   #19
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Ignition timing.------------------

Spitting back because it's Firing too late. The burning fuel in the crankcase with give spitting back as it's not had time to combust properly before the next charge arrives.---
A perfectly jetted S3 triple at Pembrey in cold weather will a week later in similar temperature
at Knockhill (about 600ft higher) run rich and show a fuel mist at the carb mouth. Timing unchanged.
Saying that, its worth checking the spark is spot on first.
If its combusting in the crankcase there will be no need for matches.
Old 25th February 2016, 12:57   #20
martinwest
Regular poster

MG ZT +

Hi Bone
swapped the jet and its still the same and Tried blocking ½ the carb intake off it run on full throttle but not revving up fully and very rich until I took my hand away the revved at full for about 2 seconds then died.

Sorry I have the petrol are you supplying the matches.

Timetheenchanteruk
Thanks for the reply
It has done 10000km air filter washed and re-oiled compression at 175psi so the rings are ok.
I have spent hours trawling the Chinese forums with no luck which is why I have asked for help here, I think most of our members have more knowledge forgotten than the young lads I have read posts from in the Chinese scooter forums
Have tried running with exhaust removed ticks over but dies as you open the throttle

colvert Hi
The timing is done by a fixed pickup on the flywheel and the CDI unit no adjustment available

Last edited by martinwest; 25th February 2016 at 14:37.. Reason: extra info
martinwest is offline   Reply With Quote