Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2013, 06:59   #11
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Thanks Steve, I disconnected the battery last week to reset the satnav and have not yet retuned the radio stations because I don't listen to the radio much. I have to visit a nursing home later so I will retune the radio to Classic FM and program a route, I will post any progress later. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 07:01   #12
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
Thanks Steve, I disconnected the battery last week to reset the satnav and have not yet retuned the radio stations because I don't listen to the radio much. I have to visit a nursing home later so I will retune the radio to Classic FM and program a route, I will post any progress later. John.
You don't need to tune it to classic yourself. The tmc constantly scans the frequencies and when it finds classic it pauses and downloads the info.
You can be listening to whatever station you like.
You could try seeing if you can get classic though, but no need to keep radio tuned to it.
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 15:04   #13
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

I have just been out in my car and I wanted to do a postcode search but could'nt find out how to, any tips please?. I remember setting the system up a while ago and there was an option to alter the screen opacity, my satnav colours are very washed out. Can I change this?. Is there a manual to download for Igo8 as with summer coming I want to use the car a lot more. Thanks for any help. John.
Old 28th April 2013, 15:08   #14
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

I have just found Ronnies (Suzublu) manual, I should have done a search first. John.
Old 28th April 2013, 15:22   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
You don't need to tune it to classic yourself. The tmc constantly scans the frequencies and when it finds classic it pauses and downloads the info.
You can be listening to whatever station you like.
You could try seeing if you can get classic though, but no need to keep radio tuned to it.
Agreed, but just to expand on that....

There are two separate receivers, the radio and the TMC one - which is why it needs two separate antennas. The TMC one has various (confusing) settings and you can even get it to stay on one frequency. What you need i to do is constantly scan which which ever one (frequency) it receives best. There are severa FM stations, other than Classic, which transmit the TMC data.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 15:24   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lathbury View Post
I have just been out in my car and I wanted to do a postcode search but could'nt find out how to, any tips please?. I remember setting the system up a while ago and there was an option to alter the screen opacity, my satnav colours are very washed out. Can I change this?. Is there a manual to download for Igo8 as with summer coming I want to use the car a lot more. Thanks for any help. John.
Where you type the town/city, just type in the postecode instead.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 28th April 2013, 15:32   #17
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Do you think John has the wrong settings in the sys.txt file Harry?
I can't remember what it should be
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 15:51   #18
wnj516
Avid contributor

ZT400 SE

Hi all, I had similar troubles for a long time with not picking up a TMC signal, after a lot of searching and trying various things I put it down to a faulty TMC amp, so I sourced a new kit made it up and found my original had been assembled wrongly, which could be the problem with some of yours.
I was having a supply voltage being sent down the signal wire,
The way to check is take out the TMC signal cabling from the DD receiver and measure the voltage between the centre core and plug body,(with supply ON the TMC amp) if you are receiving anything grater than millivolts the amp should be opened and if a wire link is present remove it, there is a sticky that HarryMB1YT has posted regarding this. Take care in removing/replacing this TMC areal lead with supply ON as you could blow a fuse.
Hope this helps.
wnj516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2013, 19:57   #19
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve916 View Post
Do you think John has the wrong settings in the sys.txt file Harry?
I can't remember what it should be
Could well be, but like you I can't remember the details after all this time.

Any where around Liverpool should provide a good strong signal.

Old 28th April 2013, 20:08   #20
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnj516 View Post
Hi all, I had similar troubles for a long time with not picking up a TMC signal, after a lot of searching and trying various things I put it down to a faulty TMC amp, so I sourced a new kit made it up and found my original had been assembled wrongly, which could be the problem with some of yours.
I was having a supply voltage being sent down the signal wire,
The way to check is take out the TMC signal cabling from the DD receiver and measure the voltage between the centre core and plug body,(with supply ON the TMC amp) if you are receiving anything grater than millivolts the amp should be opened and if a wire link is present remove it, there is a sticky that HarryMB1YT has posted regarding this. Take care in removing/replacing this TMC areal lead with supply ON as you could blow a fuse.
Hope this helps.
Lathbury says he bought one of the signal amps I offered a while ago - they were definately wired correctly - I built them after discovering the issue with mine that I had bought as a ready built from another member.

The one issue I found with those I built, was the coax solid centre core might break where it is soldered to the PCB if it is not sypathetically handled. Other than that - it has to be not properly wired; software settings incorrect; or maybe a faulty TMC unit.

He suggests it did work a while ago, so my suggestion would be that he has managed to set the TMC so that it no longer scans - it is stuck on aachannel which has no TMC data on it.