Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: Would I Put an Android With Internet Into my car?
I would be very interested in having a New MGR Android 24 48.00%
I Would Be interested in Upgrading My Current RadioGuy 2 DIN unit 14 28.00%
I Would be interested in Upgrading My OEM Hiline or Other Unit 6 12.00%
Not Interested in An Android Internet System in my car. 6 12.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th June 2012, 15:41   #11
Fatman
Avid contributor

2003 ZT+190 in Bacchus Supertallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTi View Post
This is exciting

Any chance that they could just build an Andoid unit with a radio tuner and nothing else? In other words, basically an android tablet that will fit into the double din space in our cars.

Maybe its just me, but I have no interest whatsoever in any disc based media so I have no use for a drive. I only use an iPod because of the way I can access and display song information.

I have been thinking lately of trying to fit a 7" Android tablet to an double din fascia but its not as easy as it seems with radio tuner, audio amp, etc etc

There are a few vids on Youtube of an iPad fitted to cars but its not perfect either.

I know this isn't really what you are talking about but I just wanted to throw it out there .
Good point Eamon, with a decent media player the optical drive does become somewhat redundant
Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 15:41   #12
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
This is exciting

Any chance that they could just build an Andoid unit with a radio tuner and nothing else? In other words, basically an android tablet that will fit into the double din space in our cars.

Maybe its just me, but I have no interest whatsoever in any disc based media so I have no use for a drive. I only use an iPod because of the way I can access and display song information.

I have been thinking lately of trying to fit a 7" Android tablet to an double din fascia but its not as easy as it seems with radio tuner, audio amp, etc etc

There are a few vids on Youtube of an iPad fitted to cars but its not perfect either.

I know this isn't really what you are talking about but I just wanted to throw it out there .
Now thats a good idea, a removable face plate that doubles up as a tablet! I also like the thought of having a unit where I can put my iphone into a slot thus hiding it away then all the functionality being available via the touchscreen including call and video playback.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:42   #13
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
Sean,

what specification are you working off at the moment
I have 3 Factory Units that I Looked at , We tested 2 in HK And the Dynavin we have out in the field.
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 15:44   #14
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Now thats a good idea, a removable face plate that doubles up as a tablet! I also like the thought of having a unit where I can put my iphone into a slot thus hiding it away then all the functionality being available via the touchscreen including call and video playback.
You could also use the phone 3G connection to operate 3G for the android unit
Old 13th June 2012, 15:46   #15
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
This is exciting

AS I was typing , I thought I wondered how long it would take before CDTi wants the pad ! LOL
I think as Step one we cannot ask to redesign the Moulds, the Casings etc.
this was Proposed to them as a Mainly Electronics and Software change. i Would LOVE to have success with this and then Demand the Pad unit But I thin thats in the very distant future. Moulding and prototyping of the Facias and the Landing Dock for that Would be Exorbitant , Unless we order 500 Units !
Old 13th June 2012, 15:47   #16
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Pioneer have something like that - Google Pioneer SPH-DA100.

There is a cheaper/older iPhone only version, dunno if its still available.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 15:48   #17
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
Good point Eamon, with a decent media player the optical drive does become somewhat redundant
But Not all people are up to Downloading Movies and the LIKE to SD or USB.
And The Movie makers have not made it easy to get Downloaded movies.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:48   #18
baconbuttyman
Banned

leave me alone, dont even pm me, i dont want one fgs , no no nooooo not again, go away. i have my Dynavin working nicely, .... but i do prefer the look of the mgr unit .... straight swap???
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 15:49   #19
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
AS I was typing , I thought I wondered how long it would take before CDTi wants the pad ! LOL
I think as Step one we cannot ask to redesign the Moulds, the Casings etc.
this was Proposed to them as a Mainly Electronics and Software change. i Would LOVE to have success with this and then Demand the Pad unit But I thin thats in the very distant future. Moulding and prototyping of the Facias and the Landing Dock for that Would be Exorbitant , Unless we order 500 Units !
I always like to give you a challenge, Sean .

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2012, 15:50   #20
Fatman
Avid contributor

2003 ZT+190 in Bacchus Supertallic

GPS on android, could you not ship it with Google Maps navigation, we could then buy the one we like from the market ( I use Navigon on my phone)
Fatman is offline   Reply With Quote