Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th December 2006, 21:10   #11
Simon
Banned

-

I've got regular Sky digital service. Depsite all the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- channels I do find Sky to be good. Most of the NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- you get is free so luckily we're not paying for it. We only pay for the decent stuff (in my opinion)

Agreed about there being too many NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- channels though. They do seem to be multiplying every week

We are too going for the Sky broadband service as at £32 for the BT package we're on versus £5 for the same on Sky - it makes financial sense to switch.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2006, 00:15   #12
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

I must admit the only reason I got sky in was for the good picture quality and sound on the "normal" channels, (our TV signal here is awful) the rest is really a bonus to be honest, and yes I do think i am paying for the quality stuff and not the dross. However, I do feel they still rip people off, because if i take my viewing card out, I can get the BBC channels, (whatever is on free view) but not all the ITV stuff, nor ch4 or 5 and they are available on freeview! We get the Irish channels here (RTE 1&2 TV3 and TG4) but on sky, if a football match is played on RTE1, they block the signal! (because they don't have the rights to show it)
its mad i tell you.
One of their muppets rang me up the other day and wanted to know was I interested in sports and movies for half price over xmas... I told them to be honest, they could not interest me even if it was free. that got them
Old 9th December 2006, 05:17   #13
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

I got a 32" flat screen, NTl cable and a hard drive recorder. I never watch adverts at all as I normally watch programmes using the pause live tv button. I watch it when I want to on the same evening but I then miss the adverts out.

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 07:06   #14
Rich
Posted a thing or two

http://Roadca.ms - Letting you see what they see!

A man after my own heart there Ken, can't remember the last time I saw an advert or watched anything "live" for months now, always a bit behind to avoid the ads.

Hence the MCE route (which I've now taken), all the features of Sky+ and lots more too and more importantly, zero cost. £10 a month just to press pause on sky!???

Despite all that though, 95% of what my other half and I watch is from America, Sky are 12 weeks behind the USA on Lost for example!

Going back to Kandyman's original post though, are Sky the only provider to offer HD viewing in the UK? Not sure if Telewest offer HD do they?

Am I also right in thinking you can't get HD on Freeview yet?

I won't start another rant about the UK being so far behind the rest of the world in common technology thats been around for years, but seriously, we are
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote