Notices

Old 4th January 2016, 17:32   #11
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckyhill View Post
Tony I don't think you can dismiss it so flippantly, our computers can very easily be taken over, sometimes when I have trouble setting up a programme on a computer I ring the suppling company and get clearance from the IT man and from then on all you see is the mouse moving and programmes opening and closing as he saves data bases etc . If the I phone has this access programme already installed. People can make the phone do anything they want . I think it is very true.

I've had an Iphone since they were first released William, I've NEVER had a problem like you describe. I think if it was true then Apple would not have been as successful as they have been, some security firm would have found the program and trumpeted it to the world.
Old 4th January 2016, 17:38   #12
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Haha, you truly are one of a kind you large lady lover you
You cant beat a big girl.

Well you could but she would most likely hit you back....
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 17:58   #13
buckyhill
Loves to post

mg ztt and mg rv8 and mgtf

Anthony only my wife calls me William and that's normally when I have done something wrong. I hear what you are saying but the software to find a lost mobile is there and I understand that you can have your data destroyed if the phone is stolen a very small step to listen in. What is I cloud. Bill.
buckyhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 18:02   #14
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Pc's can be taken over for sorting problems but it usually means that the owner has to enter some info first before it can happen so you know. I've not heard of what your saying with iPhones but it may be confused with an item from one of the last updates, what happens is that a setting is turned on which tracks your movements and logs where you have been. It's always been there but generally off, it can however be turned off through the settings but I can't remember what it was called. An Internet search will probably bring it up

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 18:04   #15
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Here you go

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...very-move.html

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 18:06   #16
FLYER
Banned

Quote:
Anthony only my wife calls me William and that's normally when I have done something wrong. I hear what you are saying but the software to find a lost mobile is there and I understand that you can have your data destroyed if the phone is stolen a very small step to listen in. What is I cloud. Bill.
Very true .

I was approached on my taxi rank a year ago by a young lady who said she had tracked her lost phone to my cab.

I searched the back and front of the cab as she had lost it at night when i dont work.

Turned out the night shift driver had found it and placed it in the cubby hole for secure storage.

Amazed me i must say.
Old 4th January 2016, 18:09   #17
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Sorry Bill, I just took your name from your profile

If anybody listened in to my phone then I'm afraid that all they'd here is my awful singing along to the radio of a day and my insane children when I got home at night.

It is possible to wipe a Iphone remotely that is true, I've used that feature twice when I forgot my code for factory resetting one I was selling.
Old 4th January 2016, 18:12   #18
FLYER
Banned

Truth be told your phone is a fingerprint.

Just ask the people that send a missile through a window and send an ISIS numbskull to Jihadi heaven.

Edit .

Forgot you cant ask them ......lol.
Old 4th January 2016, 18:17   #19
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

This is true. Recently a whistleblower exposed that it is very easy for anyone in the know to do. It was claimed on a recent TV documentry that the secret services of both USA and UK use it regularly and city centres are equipped with secret location seeking Ariel's. USA admitted that the technology exists and is used for national security, UK refused to answer saying that it would be against national security to let others know if or not the technology was in use in GB. The program then went on to prove that in London that they were able to track there own phones using the technology.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 19:02   #20
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post

I've just done as the guide says, and I have to say rather than being scary, its depressing. It shows that without fail every Saturday morning at between 9:40 and 9:50, I'm in Aldi. With only 5 different locations since November, and 3 of those being within a 15 mile radius....

Clearly I need to get out more.

If someone had control of my camera, I'd know, on the odd occasion I've forgotten to turn the camera off and put the phone back in my pocket, within 10 mins it's very hot!
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote