Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th April 2016, 18:02   #11
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of getting a 2002 Rover 75 Tourer Club SE to swap doors, panels and some other bits over but the more I check the photos the more it doesn't quite look Firefrost. Were 75s from 2002 done in Firefrost? I can't seem to find a definitive date when the colours were used.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 18:06   #12
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
Hi All,

I'm currently in the process of getting a 2002 Rover 75 Tourer Club SE to swap doors, panels and some other bits over but the more I check the photos the more it doesn't quite look Firefrost. Were 75s from 2002 done in Firefrost? I can't seem to find a definitive date when the colours were used.
As a fellow firefrost owner I have always thought that firefrost was a facelift colour so 2002 like the other earlier cars are most likely nightfire..
Firefrost paint code is CEV.
Check here http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=20831
thanks to Reebs

Cheers Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 10th April 2016 at 18:09..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2016, 18:11   #13
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
As a fellow firefrost owner I have always thought that firefrost was a facelift colour so 2002 like the other earlier cars are most likely nightfire..
Firefrost paint code is CEV.
Cheers Ian
Cheers Ian,

I've messaged the seller to confirm that it is Firefrost Red CEV but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Is there a huge visible difference between Nightfire Red and Firefrost Red or did they just change the paint name for the facelifts?

EDIT: I didn't see your link at the bottom, I will check it out and compare now.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE

Last edited by KRISTLEE; 10th April 2016 at 18:14..
Old 10th April 2016, 18:13   #14
Organiser

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

May well be Copperleaf Red (CDX) if it is a 2002 reg car?

Tom.
Old 10th April 2016, 18:26   #15
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Strange one this...the seller just got back to me as he has just checked and the paint code on the car is COX which is Cranberry Red 2 but the car is 2002 so the colour is Copperleaf Red CDX.

No way can it be Cranberry Red as that's an early colour right?

Lee.

Old 10th April 2016, 18:42   #16
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
Strange one this...the seller just got back to me as he has just checked and the paint code on the car is COX which is Cranberry Red 2 but the car is 2002 so the colour is Copperleaf Red CDX.

No way can it be Cranberry Red as that's an early colour right?
Hi Lee
I suspect he may have misread the code and it is as you say CDX I dont think cranberry was ever used on the 75/ZT range as it was an 1980s colour.
Cheers Ian
Old 10th April 2016, 18:51   #17
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

This is the car I'm after getting...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/301917063754

Lee.

Old 10th April 2016, 21:06   #18
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I've just looked that car up in the build records and can confirm without a shadow of a doubt that it is CDX Copperleaf Red. That is a much darker and less metallic colour than Firefrost, so won't match.

Hope that helps?
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 00:25   #19
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
I've just looked that car up in the build records and can confirm without a shadow of a doubt that it is CDX Copperleaf Red. That is a much darker and less metallic colour than Firefrost, so won't match.

Hope that helps?
Cheers Reebs,

I did a bit of comparing too and confirmed.

It doesn't really help much though as I already placed a bid a few days ago and have been in contact with the owner lol

I must be going colour blind as I honestly thought when I first saw the advert that it was Firefrost and it wasn't until I was looking at the photos today I thought it looked a slightly different colour

I guess if I win there are a few other parts I need and if I do swap some panels over my car will be Fireleaf Red lol.

I quite fancy swapping the seats, door cards, glove box and centre console over too... I think a light interior will look a great contrast with my dark exterior.

Shame too much work will be involved in having the sunroof too but hey ho.

It's only a Club SE spec too so not much to look forward to either in the way of extras that I could have.

Lee.

Old 11th April 2016, 14:26   #20
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

What is/is there a difference between
LOQ, Tempest Grey
and
LEF, X-Power/Tempest Grey

If it's down to Cowley vs Longbridge plant variation is the code a specific colour/shade difference?
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote