Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st December 2008, 07:52   #11
Dave***t
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ 180 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemac View Post
It is running now, sort of! The great thing is that now I have upgraded the graphics and RAM his older games now zip along nicely. GTA IV now runs slowly. We have a Wii and a PS2 and it pains me that I may have to get a 360 or even worse, a PS3 just to run better games.
Have they solved the overheating problem with the XBox. As an avid TWiT listener (only those in the know will know!) I understand there has been a lot of issues in the US about overheating and a very high failure rate.
Glad to hear it's at least running one way or another! If you've ever been to New York, I defy you not to want to go back once you've seen the game running for a while...

As for the 360, the problems with overheating and the notorious 'red ring of death' have apparently largely been addressed. Newer models (i.e. those with a HDMI port) are said to have revised heatsinks etc, and Microsoft have extended the warranty on new consoles to something like 3 years. Mine's been fine (touch wood), and as long as you allow reasonable ventilation you shouldn't have any problems if you get one. In fact, in a way it's a bit like buying a 75.

IMO unless you really want Blue ray, there's not much point spending the extra on a PS3.
Old 31st December 2008, 09:47   #12
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave***t View Post
Glad to hear it's at least running one way or another! If you've ever been to New York, I defy you not to want to go back once you've seen the game running for a while...

As for the 360, the problems with overheating and the notorious 'red ring of death' have apparently largely been addressed. Newer models (i.e. those with a HDMI port) are said to have revised heatsinks etc, and Microsoft have extended the warranty on new consoles to something like 3 years. Mine's been fine (touch wood), and as long as you allow reasonable ventilation you shouldn't have any problems if you get one. In fact, in a way it's a bit like buying a 75.

IMO unless you really want Blue ray, there's not much point spending the extra on a PS3.
Spent 3 days in NY last year en-route to Florida. Great Place.

Steve

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote