Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th November 2009, 18:14   #11
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

i have the xtrons unit and had the same problem with it not remembering preset stations, you need to flip 2 of the wires to make it remember, red and yellow i think but i no longer have the e mail to refer to.

E mail Xtrons direct, they are excellent at responding, tell them your problem and ask them to confirm which 2 wires to flip.

Mine has been fine ever since

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 18:57   #12
75ConSE
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE '02 Auto Saloon

Don't you just love this forum! Thanks Trebor, extremely helpful. It is still strange that it only does it half of the time..... maybe it depends on how fast I turn the key!! I will report back when I get the reply from BST.

Trebor, at a guess, that is the switched feed being swapped with a permanent feed. If so, doesn't the power switch on the Xtrons stay illuminated even with the key removed?

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE
'02 Auto Saloon.
Bright and Shiny Zircon Silver. Chrome is where the heart is!

Last edited by 75ConSE; 11th November 2009 at 19:11..
75ConSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2009, 19:11   #13
trebor
This is my second home

no probs let us know how you get on

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 11th November 2009, 19:27   #14
75ConSE
Avid contributor

Trebor, I have PM'd you re. this problem.

'02 Auto Saloon.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:41   #15
trebor
This is my second home

received and responded

Robs Car Gallery

Old 12th November 2009, 09:06   #16
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Certainly seems a reocmmendation for buying from Blacksilvertech.

Paul
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 19:18   #17
75ConSE
Avid contributor

I now have an update on this problem (Xtrons unit loses memory on cranking engine). After weeks waiting for a proper solution from the techies in Hong Kong, they told me to return it for repair. They told me to ring this bloke in London for more information before I did so. Within 10 seconds he told me what the problem is. The unit requires a minimum of 10v to retain the memory and on cranking the engine, it obviously sends it below this (on my car). He said it is not a fault with my car, but the units should have been built better to allow for this. I couldn't quite understand what he meant, but he said I would need an adaptor to prevent this drop and that I would probably be able to fix it myself, given the parts. He then said he would get back to me next week with the adaptor and instructions on what to do with it. Great! Very happy with that. But, what could this adaptor be? Is it something I could just go to Maplin's and buy (too impatient!)?

'02 Auto Saloon.
Old 29th November 2009, 19:44   #18
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

[quote=75ConSE;415160]I did think the same but, when I thought about it, I realised that as the unit is switched from key position one to off, the feed is cut dead (for long periods of time... 2 or 3 days sometimes) and as it only does it 50% of the time and when it does, only when the key is turned from position 2 to engine start, I discounted that as being the problem.[/quot

you have to have a constant live and a switch live .on some radios you have to have red and yellow together for it to work .i would add a live from the battery and the red to the iginition
Old 30th November 2009, 07:42   #19
75ConSE
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyboy View Post
you have to have a constant live and a switch live .on some radios you have to have red and yellow together for it to work .i would add a live from the battery and the red to the iginition
There IS a switched and permanent feed already, it works fine. The problem is the other way round, when cranking, not switching off, the voltage goes below the required 10v. It seems it needs some sort of capacitor gizmo in the permanent feed, but what can this gizmo be?

I have also tried swapping the red and yellow, but the unit does all sorts of silly things, so they are not the wrong way round.

Yes, it is slightly possible I need a new battery, but the engine turns over very well, so I don't really to fork out for a new one just to find it still does it. Surely, there must be something cheap that can be fitted to keep the voltage up on cranking? Audio systems have power capacitors for the bass. Surely, there must be something on a smaller scale that can do the same sort of thing? Come on you techy guys!

Also on a similar note, there is a little gizmo that you can plug into the lighter socket with a 9v battery attached that you use when swapping batteries to keep memories for various ECU's and the radio, so again, there must be something similar I could use. Unfortunately, it only provides 9v, or I would try it (but maybe with a rechargeable battery though!).

'02 Auto Saloon.

Last edited by 75ConSE; 30th November 2009 at 07:49..
Old 30th November 2009, 09:19   #20
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Voltage Drop

I assume that the voltage drop is being measured straight across the battery? The fact that it doesn't happen all the time is probably down to temperature because it will put more load on the battery when starting from cold.

Last edited by wuzerk; 30th November 2009 at 09:22..
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote