Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2011, 13:19   #11
Lost Soul
Gets stuck in

Jaguar S Type Sport

I had a medical up beside ARI in Aberdeen the other day. Had to go over Anderson Drive. Next thing I hear is a revving bike engine and low and behold as an idiot that was driving on the White line between the lanes of traffic on a road going quad bike. Cut up traffic then did a dangerous fast moving turn off to the left in front of a car in the inside lane. Now people like that have no consideration for other road users, but will be the first to complain when the get hit by another road user in an accident caused by there foolishness.

However, I realise that there are very good bike riders on the road, and I for one respect them and always keep any eye open for all bikes on the road.
Lost Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 19:00   #12
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

it was mentioned at the start of this thread about bikers making better drivers it certainly makes you look more for bikers once you have been a biker yourself i've nearl been taken off a few times by motorists with the smidsy reply (Sorry mate i didnt see you) I remember a bmw Z4 coming out on junction on me s kided upto the side of his car a calmly stuck it in first rode forward and stamped on the perfect highted z4s bonnet with be bike boot left a nice ding in his bonnet but he learned to look in future
ROBBIE G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:14   #13
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
If they made them as wide as cars they'd stand out more.
Maybe add a couple more wheels too.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 20:16   #14
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Soul View Post
I had a medical up beside ARI in Aberdeen the other day. Had to go over Anderson Drive. Next thing I hear is a revving bike engine and low and behold as an idiot that was driving on the White line between the lanes of traffic on a road going quad bike. Cut up traffic then did a dangerous fast moving turn off to the left in front of a car in the inside lane. Now people like that have no consideration for other road users, but will be the first to complain when the get hit by another road user in an accident caused by there foolishness.

However, I realise that there are very good bike riders on the road, and I for one respect them and always keep any eye open for all bikes on the road.
There's always a percentage of loonies on two and four wheels.
Happily they don't last long but unfortunately they often take innocents with them !!!
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:08   #15
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

[QUOTE=mamasboy;768053]Guy was clearly limping afterwards and you could see it was his pride and joy, it was in very nice condition. She actually works at my place of work and she is known to be an odity to say the least!

I really felt for the guy, his day was properly ruined and she was oblivious to anything except how it inconvenianced her and her car!

QUOTE]

<Bump>
So did you get her registration number then?
Old 23rd July 2011, 21:57   #16
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

[QUOTE=Jay;768725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
Guy was clearly limping afterwards and you could see it was his pride and joy, it was in very nice condition. She actually works at my place of work and she is known to be an odity to say the least!

I really felt for the guy, his day was properly ruined and she was oblivious to anything except how it inconvenianced her and her car!

QUOTE]

<Bump>
So did you get her registration number then?
She works for the same company as me so I know of her plus the biker got her reg so hopefully for him he will be ok, just makes me wonder about people sometimes, think most of us would have the first instinct to make sure he was ok, after all pieces of machinery are replaceable!
Old 23rd July 2011, 22:10   #17
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

[QUOTE=mamasboy;768812]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
She works for the same company as me so I know of her plus the biker got her reg so hopefully for him he will be ok, just makes me wonder about people sometimes, think most of us would have the first instinct to make sure he was ok, after all pieces of machinery are replaceable!
Nicely put.
Respect to other people is disheartening at times.