Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd August 2018, 21:43   #11
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
u

People are leaving because of the nastiness that’s gradually tearing our club apart, may I suggest the parties involved take a break, calm down and have a rethink about leaving, there nothing untoward on here just a clash of personalities, and you will always get that when certain people think they know best and in certain circumstances they probably do.
So may I ask you all rise above it and keep this great club going, because they way it is carrying on recently sure as eggs is eggs, people will get tired of all the back biting and petty squabbles and give it up as a waste of time and discourage new members.

Rev

That is such a depressing read old chap.

Some of us come here because of all the backbiting, nastiness, petty squables etc. that go on.

I also belong to the OOF, which has some really knowledgeable and helpful people who are always ready to assist with their expertise anyone and everyone. But I spend a lot more time here because of the entertainment.

I just don't understand this gloom and doom that seems to have decended here today.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:35   #12
ZedTeeT
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

After much deliberation and soul searching I have made my decision on my future here.

I haven't been on here that long but in the long run I think it would be better for myself and all involved with the forum.

Your stuck with me, I'm not going anywhere, so put that in yer pipe and smoke it!
85/C Capri 2.8i Special. Mine 30+ years.
82/X Talbot Tagora SX V6. Restoration project.
11/11 Hyundai I Load CRDi. Van....... nuff said.
ZedTeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 23:07   #13
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

I just can't be bothered to leave.

Actually, there's a damn good reason why I'm staying, and that's because of the help I get and the nano meets. The fact that my previously unloved 75 has just flown through it's last MOT is a testament to that.

Also, you guys were there to keep me company during my extended period in hospital - That's not something I can just walk out on.

Last edited by Bogbrush82; 23rd August 2018 at 23:17..
Bogbrush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 23:11   #14
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

well after a long day thinking

My car getting dissed at every post

People not agreeing with me

I am...............

Staying. Cant see me leaving been a member for far too long

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 06:38   #15
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I am leaving ............................ my Rover to my son, if anything happens to me, for all the "Rover" driver jibes he has made at my expense!
Old 24th August 2018, 07:15   #16
cazemi
Loves to post

75 oil burner ZX12R,ZRX1200R VN 1500,Uncle Bunt hardtail chop,

i think one of the factors that people are forgeting or ignoring, is the somewhat heavy handed approach of admin, i used to admin on a couple of biker sites, & it takes some getting used to the "high horse" & " secret handshake" mentality-i still laugh at the swear filter on here & i absolutely love the fact that a post wot i wrote was locked without any pm or discussion.
I stopped coming on here because it got stale very fast, there are some top people on here, but there are some complete Knobs as well, the amount of toys out the pram incidents seem much higher than other forums i'm a member of-perhaps its the Rover 75 demographic?
The other thing that is overlooked is that its a money making business, once again i've never had to pay subs on other forums. FB etc are more relaxed, yes you get a lot of fools, but its free, its easier to upload stuff & you get a much wider audience
Old 24th August 2018, 08:00   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazemi View Post

............. is the somewhat heavy handed approach of admin,

.............."high horse" & " secret handshake" mentality................

..............I stopped coming on here because it got stale very fast

..............but there are some complete Knobs as well,

..............the amount of toys out the pram incidents seem much higher than other forums

...............The other thing that is overlooked is that its a money making business, once again i've never had to pay subs on other forums.

................FB etc are more relaxed, yes you get a lot of fools, but its free, its easier to upload stuff & you get a much wider audience

I will say what some will (or should) be thinking. Given all the above, why have you come back and are still here?

This is a genuine question as I am really puzzled about why you have started posting again given how you feel. Most would give up a marriage if all they felt about it was as above.

p.s. just noticed that you are not paying any subscriptions here either!

Last edited by MSS; 24th August 2018 at 08:11..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 08:07   #18
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazemi View Post
i think one of the factors that people are forgeting or ignoring, is the somewhat heavy handed approach of admin, i used to admin on a couple of biker sites, & it takes some getting used to the "high horse" & " secret handshake" mentality-i still laugh at the swear filter on here & i absolutely love the fact that a post wot i wrote was locked without any pm or discussion.
I stopped coming on here because it got stale very fast, there are some top people on here, but there are some complete Knobs as well, the amount of toys out the pram incidents seem much higher than other forums i'm a member of-perhaps its the Rover 75 demographic?
The other thing that is overlooked is that its a money making business, once again i've never had to pay subs on other forums. FB etc are more relaxed, yes you get a lot of fools, but its free, its easier to upload stuff & you get a much wider audience
But you’re enjoying a free subscription yourself no? Remember is voluntary at all times. Heavy handed admin you say? There are frequently comments made that we are just right or even too lax. Oh well you can’t please all the people.....I wonder whether working in the same workshop as Marinabrian may perhaps have influenced your view of the forums of late?

I’ve been here since 2007 and hopefully have added something to the club and forums, and I haven’t left yet. But never say never, that’s my motto
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 08:23   #19
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

I'm staying. If I left I would miss all the fun.

Where else can you get such entertaining reading every time two people don't agree on a colour, or a torque setting, or a tyre choice, or a wiper blade etc.
Old 24th August 2018, 08:35   #20
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

10 quid a year is nothing compared to what you can save regarding the upkeep and maintenance of these cars. Collectively members will have saved thousands through the sharing of experience and knowledge. A true bargain if I may say so.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote